The great Oort recession of 2019

For the newer people, We used to have 2-3 full time hunt groups that did nothing but hunt all day. Oort for days, price sunk. Now its resetting since the hunters got nothing they wanted and left lol.

Now its time for yall to go hunting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think oort drop should be scaled up more for higher tier planets, there should be higher level meteors, and t4-6 need to be twice as hardā€¦ just because itā€™d be more fun, lol.

1 Like

What we really need is a complete revamp of hunting mechanics to make it more enjoyable and less spray and pray, but thatā€™s another thread.

2 Likes

Oort as random loot drops wouldnā€™t be bad, either.

1 Like

Uhm well except of some sales and donations i can get away with hunting once a week do i find it fun? No not really. If it could be mined would i go do that? No not really hunting is more fun than that.

Basically everything that takes to much time away from building is a ā€œno thank youā€.

Oort is bought up at most places. And if it goes up even more ill even consider hunting more times so i can sell them for materials. Btw a lot of good shops for finished mats are slowly disappearing. For me more concerning. That means i have to find new ones and or waist time to make them my self.

1 Like

Increasing the ā€˜waysā€™ to get Oort would probably be a bad idea. If it was mined on an exo planet, that would be a finite amount and people would feel ā€œforcedā€ to go do that. If it was mined on a non-exo the the price of Oort would go down just like Gems did because of how fast they can be mined.

So I think (if there even is a problem, Iā€™m just basing this reply off of this posts topic) increasing players interest to hunt is the answer. As the devs have obviously thought through ā€˜whats the best way to inject oort into the gameā€™ and decided on Meteors, so we have to trust that theyā€™re right with that decision.

Mining Oort sounds like a terrible idea :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I can respect the opinion but donā€™t agree or think it is healthy to limit parts of the game for 1 specific resource and concerns around the economy especially when we know how messed up the economy design is. We need to fix the economy by economy solutions not holding back other parts of the game.

1 Like

I agree, more ways to play the game seems horrific.

4 Likes

Hunting. I love hunting and leading hunts! But, as others have said, it would be nice to introduce more creatures or whatever into hunting to turn peopleā€™s attention back onto it.

(Everything below is not statistically proven, but my opinion)

If mineable oort was introduced on exos, I feel that it would be the same if not worse, as when resin and petrol was put out on exos. A few of the same people would have 95% of the supply, and everyone else who canā€™t get out to the EXO within ten minutes, would be effed. Which would cause another repeat of nasty topics like; always being at work, only drop on US time, and prices too bloody high, when the oort exos decide to randomly drop.

Mining oort on existing planets, those would be plotted up worse than some gem spots already are.

Basically, the prices of oort stone would increase cause those few who do have the supply, also can lean the market in their favor. If one person hears that oortstone is being bought at 1k coin, we all know everyone else who have the stashes will follow suit in pricing theirs.

Iā€™ve been hoarding mine and keeping an eye on the market for now. Unless our city runs out and needs some shards.

3 Likes

I agree with making the game more fun, or adding fun to the game. The Oort problem would fix itself if hunting was somehow more fun. Or if we had Double Oort Day once a month or something.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just not sure how you make hunting fun right now without dumping it and starting from scratch.

Adding combat abilities, dodge and ways to attack other than shoot would be a good start

2 Likes

Yes!!! Roll dodging!

(We are straying a bit off topic, Iā€™ll start a post on ideas for improving hunting)

2 Likes

Iā€™ll say it also, people donā€™t like to hear it. COME HUNT!!! GO HUNT!!! HUNT!!! Oort should be a hunting reward is how I feel plain and simple. People donā€™t go hunting anymore. Yes it may seem repetitive and I understand that though if you want to run portals then go on a hunt once a week public or alone. Minerā€™s go mine to be able to have tool and weapons. Bakerā€™s farm toā€¦well bake. Soā€¦ Wanna run portals go hunt for a bit and make some oort. One hunt of 200 oort is 11 mass crafts that makes 2750 shards. Thatā€™s is a good haul. We maintain several portals in our home and our farms just from hunting 2 times a week. I personally donā€™t want oort to be able to be mined at all. If you donā€™t want to go hunting pay someone to go hunt for you. Provide them with a sling and auto harvest wood chisel and let them keep everything but the oort. A cheap forged sling would run around 4-8k depending on how good of one you want to provide to them and a auto harvest chisel can be made for less then 500c. They bring you back for example 200 oort thatā€™s equal to 36k at 180c each. Your investment being a fraction of that. This I my opinion like it or donā€™t. My rant is over and now I go back to being happy Bob. :rofl:

5 Likes

@Ratchel I couldnā€™t agree more. Yes hunting needs work, but we have to work with what we got. I am slightly biased as I like to be self sufficient (plus Iā€™m a bit of a hoarder) but anything I need I gather myself, whether that means going mining for a few hours, gathering sweet beans for a mass craft of pies, which takes forever, or going hunting for creature parts and oort. I feel the issue is because the large hunts have slowed down and not as much oort is available, those who need large supplies have pushed up the price in order to compete with other large hubs. I also think those of us that do go on hunts are no longer selling as much of our oort because the hunts are less frequent and so we no longer have surplus to sell, which again is pushing up the price. So as you say if people need more oort then you need to hunt, it may not be the best solution, but at present itā€™s really your only option.

1 Like

In short. People need to step up and lead some hunts. :metal::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::metal:

4 Likes

@Xaldafax @Evergreen Mining Oort already exists - sell what you get from mining and use that to buy Oortstone (thatā€™s how the game is designed, if you donā€™t want to do something you can use the economy). Getting more people to find Boundless will help the economy and supply of Oort, so thatā€™s the issue to tackle, not increasing the ways to get Oort.

So yeh, we just need to encourage more people to go hunting atm.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure you know how this is going to end. Itā€™s a game. If people donā€™t enjoy it, they leave.

Combat in this game is never going to be a main feature. You canā€™t keep pure hunters in a game with only 4 creatures, 2 weapons with only auto attack and no magic. Hunting is just a side activity like fishing in WoW.

If you build you can build something new every month. If you run a shop you can switch what you sell or extend. But hunting will always be stale. They canā€™t, and it wouldnā€™t make sense to, add a new raid every few month to keep hunters happy. The game should just accept that and see hunting as what it is, a fun side activity that some enjoy, and not the main driving force of the economy.

4 Likes

Hunting is cool and all but it shouldnā€™t be the only way to receive Oort. Oort is too basic to just get it through this very special (side) activity. You should be able to be what you want in this game. If you donā€™t want to hunt you shouldnā€™t have to. There are items that can only be gathered by hunting, thatā€™s fine, but donā€™t make (leave) Oort one of them. Boundless is not a combat/hunting game. We need another, more simple way to get Oort or a much higher droprate to make it cheaper for others to buy. Gem prices developed that way. Exactly how it should be.

2 Likes

Lol, to some players, mining is just a special
side activityā€¦ they all kinda even out ish in terms of sustainability. You canā€™t mine for creature mats either but forged tools are just as necessary as portals, ya know?

1 Like

No, it is not. Mining might became a side activity to them but itā€™s as basic as it can get. It is the very first way to collect blocks. And forged tools are not ā€œjust as necessary as portalsā€. I didnā€™t get my first gem or my first piece of silver with a forged Hammer, did you? But I did mine them on another Planet. I got there through a Portal. This game requires traveling to other planets much more that it requires players to use forged gear. Before you mention it = I think we can agree that warping every time is way to expensive / inefficient.

1 Like