The great Oort recession of 2019

I think warping is to portals what non forged gear is to forged
Edit: I mean to say that you can travel without purchasing or hunting for oort… the alternative just sucks. Just like you :can: mine one block at a time like an animal… but it sucks, lol.
Creature mats are pretty cheap :woman_shrugging: If you cut the price of oort by making it mineable, it doesn’t leave a whole lot of reason to hunt anymore.

alright :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Honestly, what I kinda find annoying is that oort can also be used for deco blocks, since I used to need a lot of the stuff I never used them for it.

And since there’s a big possibility that in future we will see oort tools we also need oort to make tools so we will need more and more of it!

So adding it to high level exo planets might not be a bad idea IMO…

2 Likes

I do not think there is any reason not to add Oort as a minable resource and not just on exo planets. Limiting it to exos is a great way to exclude lower level players and enable higher level players to profit most. Why not give lower level players the same opportunity to make some coin selling mineable Oort. I do agree with decorative blocks and possibly tools using Oort becoming a thing, we need more supply or the developer effort to program these items is wasted.

1 Like

Hunt activity drops.
Creature drops except trophy’s around 50% sellable for 5c ore less and 50% around 10-20coin. Oort is and has been the only product that could be sold for about 150-180c.
Mining drops.
Most things are in the price range of 5-100c (maby even somwhat more)

Adding oort to mining would mean that Oort might go down in price like the gems.
To also note it is then not very lucrative to make coin of hunting.

In my eyes economy in game is just fine prices go up and down. I have played games i had to do it all on my own.

So if i have to hunt (waist time) for oort so be it. It doesn’t mean complaining about it will make it better nor should it. If its added to mining there will be more economy posts.

2 Likes

I hope Oort tools become a thing!

I also hope they don’t require something stupid like exoplanet grasshopper tentacles to craft =(

1 Like

More players. Game has been out over a year and is still the starting price on steam. Time to lower it down a few.

Less and less people are hunting. We are bored. The only people hunting now are the ones that have portals to fuel. No oort sales people.

Mining oort helps some but does not fix the bored of hunting. People are bored of mining too. I dont even mine lucents anymore that crazy is over.

Maybe make a whole new form of farming but more laboratory like. Let us make oort through science.

Trap lava or some petroleum between rock for 2 weeks bam oort. Or maybe something new to do with these stacks of shards I have nothing to do with. Combine 1 of each type give 1 oort shard… wow that acutally makes sense. @james

Or sale the game so I can buy some newbie oort.

2 Likes

That’s one perceptive on it but I don’t necessarily agree with it.

More people will have access to it so the demand will go up to match the supply if not exceed it.

It’s a highly consumed resource for portal management and thus makes the demand for getting more the same if not higher for certain players.

Meteors use to reward gems because of the Cuttletrunks. When gems no longer dropped from creatures, we got bomb mining. Meteors are still good for the creature drops even if Oort is removed. On top of that, Rough Oort Seams happen to be in the knowledge tab on PTS (public test server) so it’s reasonable to assume that it was intended to be a mined resource from the very beginning but they haven’t made it so because they don’t want to disrupt our gaming experience too much.

Pretty sure it’s considered to be an ultra-rare resource. So I doubt it’s going to show up more than a EXO gem in resource distribution.

The price shouldn’t have ever been kept at $40 USD. It should have a starting price of $20 USD if not even slightly lower at $15 USD. It isn’t like the price difference is going to cause an overwhelming surge of players into the game but it certainly would help bring new blood to the table.

I would actually like to see oort mining on permanent planets. It would be awesome to plot a personal oort mine. Putting it on exis meh. Show up late no oort. Add more oort the market crashes.

1 Like

I think it should have been at 30 for awhile will sales of 15 here and there.

Pick one.

3 Likes

Cheaper the game… the more sales they’ll get from game copy purchases. The economics behind it doesn’t lie. $30 isn’t good enough for me.

Hunting is boring and sucks. More ways to play do not suck.

Make hunting more fun so people have a stronger desire to do it besides just getting oort.

By adding other ways to gather Oort, less people may hunt which would then drive up creature parts for forging. This would lead to forges going up in price.

There’s a ton of different levers to pull and push. This community needs to be more willing to play around with change instead of being stuck in the same rut.

1 Like

I disagree. Somethings in the game need to be gated behind some effort and community collaboration (2 things that mining is not) which is what hunting is. If an aspect of the game can be improved by making it more enjoyable rather than just making it easier, then that’s what should be done.

Simple answer is: If you want Oort, go hunting. If you don’t like hunting (even if the right improvements were made to hunting) then buy your Oort.

Think of it as real life food. If you want to eat, go hunt or farm. If you don’t want to do those things, go to the shop and buy it.

5 Likes

I understand going cheap but I also understand they need to make money to continue. Sales of gleam club could help.

Did 2 small hunts yesterday. It was great. With just 2 of us I got 125 on merika in an about an hour. and then did another small hunt on repe with 3 of us and got another 125ish. And was given another 125 ish. Sooo. Nope no oort recession. Lol. Thanks @Arkanjel for the oort. And thanks @Lesioui for the unprompted hunt and lucy for the earlier hunt. :+1::+1::beers: get out there and get that Oort!!!:skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

I get it. I’ve hunted since last December. At this point it’s just not fun. So I do exactly what you suggest, hunt or buy it.

You have to ask why aren’t people hunting though. These are critical gameplay questions. If people don’t want to do these things, there is a design flaw.

At the end of the day I don’t care, I’m hunting or paying as it should work. My simple point is the system is not fun and player retention is an issue. A lot of areas in this game need attention before player retention happens.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what i meant by that statement, I dont understand where you got lost

Exactly. There is no Oort issue. Just people used to the cheap oort from PUREs daily hunts bringing down the prices. Now its back where it needs to be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It wasn’t pure alone. The daily early euro hunt that happened kept Oort prices deflated for months.

The price of oort isn’t the problem at all. It’s just the hunting mechanic itself. All we have are meteors. A year straight of meteors gets stale.

1 Like