The new lighting system: my dark view

One of my storage spots, not ENTIRELY surrounded by lanterns, but touching several.

With a glow stick:

1 Like

Yeah I have the same thing. Trying to decide if it would be easiest to gather the valuables and just let my build regen versus replacing hundreds of storage cubes.

It’s the debug menu option for beacons/settlements. I like to run around trying to steal all of @Gorillastomp’s city! :lion:
I generally avoid plotted areas when surface gathering, so it’s handy for me.

2 Likes

how do you toggle it

Using the debug menu after you hit F1, top Left of the screen, choose beacon/settlement visualization and then resize the window. Then hit F1 again to exit the menu after dragging the windows where you want them on the screen. It’s PC only at this point, but I think James said PS4 were going to get something like it soon.

1 Like

I know the other ones I posted were block boxes and only touching a couple of lanterns.

Did you spot them?

I suppose I could squeeze a few more lanterns in there but, yeah…

Speaking of replacing cabinets:

White cabinets with adjacent white gleam now.

in the daylight you can tell what most of the blocks are. Or in a player specific light such as a glowing loot stick. The cabinets just seem to basically ignore block light sources.

My darkness level or whatever it’s called is maxed out in all these pics.

There doesn’t seem to have been any change or further address to this in the latest patch. The fact that these blocks reflect daylight even through full layers of shielding but won’t respond to white gleam TOUCHING them is pretty bad.

I do hope we see further work on this.

1 Like