The True Evil is Complex Blocks Limit

I agree entirely! Hopefully one day they’ll have the game optimized so well that there would be no sort of limit. I’m hoping that isn’t wishful thinking.

1 Like

As long as it’s running on PS4 I don’t see that happening.

3 Likes

I thought the complex block limit was just a game server issue and not a user hardware issue?

How do you know where the chunk divide is?

On PC you can see when you change chunks in debug. But it can also be done with your position… good info in this thread.

1 Like

From this comment I took it as it creates client lag, but I could be interpreting it wrong. It is a bit ambiguous.

1 Like

Don’t forget the potatoes people play on

1 Like

Don’t talk about console that way :rofl:

3 Likes

#blame @Dunedragon

He had a gem vault in EA made entirely out of furnace bases. it crashed the planet and THEN they added the mesh limit.

2 Likes

First of nice :grin:

Easy way to double check where the chunks are when on ps4 is after checking @AeneaGames way as @Soju-VB kindly mentioned is just asking on the forum, discord or in game if a pc player (ps4 “calculators” to😉) To come and check if you did it right.

All you need to do is ask and someone will come :wink:.

That said, if i counted correctly i counted 16 chests. Guessing that is the same for every wall.
If between the chests is exactly a 2x2 plot space the problem may not be helped when splitting up. Not an expert but if im right your walls should already be divided over chunks (depending on if plotted on chuck [staircase] or not).

Just mentioning this as the out come sill stay the same then. 25% stays 25% if you move it from center of 4 chunks to 1 in the middle and 4 chunks on either side.

White line = chunk Line (2x2 plots) (don’t mind the diagonal one)
Yellow line = plot line
Red = a line of 8 chests
Lilac = a line of 16 chests

Hope this helps explain what i mean with the 25% of chests.

4 Likes

Maybe u wont have to build it horizontally. all u need to do i to place ur building center point exactly at crossing section of 4 chunk parts. this will literally divide ur mesh limit in 4 parts. each part will be capable of holding its full mesh limit. so u get 4x the mesh limit in total :wink:

2 Likes

No. The TRUEST Evil is the world shattering lag to comes from NOT having the complex block limit.

I was there… I remember the day when the devs sealed the beast away… the sacrifice we all made to insure the safety and stability of future worlds… for the Greater Good!

Perhaps some day the devs will be able to increase the limits that keep the lag subdued… but I pray that the limit is never broken, least entire worlds fall victim to it’s torment.

6 Likes

In these exact dimensions, this build could be placed into 5 chunks.

The 5th (center) chunk would have the signs in it, making room for up to 512 signs there.

2 Likes

whaaaat

The dimensions of my build are that perfect to be able to set it up like that? I will have to try this. That is a great shout. :slight_smile:

Yes, it is.

A chunk is 16 blocks wide, so if you put each of those walls exactly on the edge a chunk, they will be in 4 chunks, surrounding a 5th.

If you place signs on the faces of the chest, or a wood block even with the faces of the chest, they will be in that center chunk, as the sign occupies the block in front of the block it’s attached to.

If that doesn’t make sense, PM me and I’ll make a diagram or something.

4 Likes

So much for blaming consoles then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No, it makes sense. I just hadn’t thought of this. I appreciate you. :slight_smile: I’ll definitely set it up like this.

Edit: @Tmmk Hey, so I totally didn’t realize you basically told me the same thing that Nightstar did. He explained that I can do it WITH signs and I never got back to you. But thanks so much for your explanation and diagram. :smiley:

2 Likes

Np all that matters is that it was helpful :wink:

1 Like

So, I rebuilt this the way people here suggested so I could avoid the block limit

and I had crafted 256 Titanium and 256 Iron sign modules to use to denote color and number for each set of color storage

only to find out that they connect to each other… I didn’t think they would since they’re made of a different metal. :frowning:

Is there any way to keep them from connecting to each other? Or can I not use two sign modules above each set of 2x6 storage? Will I simply have to use normal signs instead of modules?

@Tmmk @Nightstar any ideas? XD

Edit: WAIT WHAT I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

It seems that if you put in the text after you put down one set of signs, future signs won’t connect to that one, kind of “locking it in”.

2 Likes

i put a - on them before placing the next one… any text on them will keep the next one you place from not joining.

1 Like