Things to do before the new update is pushed live

Thanks for bringing this up @Cookviper! Even though we don’t know exactly what will happen, it’s good to be prepared. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe we will just get a big wipe so we can all test tut and progression from point zero.

3 Likes

I remember one of the devs saying that they may reset our leveling progress so that we can test out the tutorials and quests. And with that, I hope that resetting of xp does not mean it also resets all the plots we have earned and used, otherwise its good buy builds as well.

1 Like

As sad as I would be to leave all the wonderful creations behind, I’d be equally happy to begin again.

1 Like

Out with the old and in with the new! As much as I enjoy the results of building, I prefer the process of building more.

As much as it eats away at my soul each time I unbeacon something, I soon find renewed enthusiasm for the next project.

The ‘wipe’ will be both sad and exciting!

5 Likes

I’m going to unbeacon my very first project tonight. It’s both sad and exciting.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned that we’ll keep the things we’ve done already and have the progression again, kinda like the test. Where you keep the old and have new plots and progression.

3 Likes

Now I understand how come you Boundless vets have so many plots to spare. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Not really, there hasn’t been a change in progression giving us extra plots. Most people having too many plots has just benefited by a glitch, where they get double the plots they gained by mining after they reached level 50.

1 Like

I’m hoping the glitch gods bless me again at 50 Builder.

3 Likes

I guess I have not been praying to the glitch gods enough to bless me with that glitch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Testing 161: Statributes, Objectives, Settlements, Prestige!:

They will most likely do the same with the live version also. All coin and plots stay though.

2 Likes

It sure doesnt make sense not to reset. All the new feats need serious testing and there were only a few of us on testing server doing it extensively enough.

I have a lot of builds to lose myself. 120+ plots, all equipment and material in stores, including shards and 3 portals built. However, it’s only matter of time to lose all that as 1.0 brings a total wipe and rebuild of worlds anyway. It’s good not to be too attached to your creations. :innocent:

Anyway, its been said the big and most impressive builds are really only going offline rather then to the scrapyard. They might live in the final world (starting 1.0) in this way or another, I am sure of that.

And they will stay in our memories an on the screenshots shared in the forums blah blah blah… do you know like :joy:

4 Likes

Got a good laugh at that one :joy:

1 Like

It’s not about the wipe coming, it’s about people trying to achieve things before the servers going offline happens. There’s many reasons why many people play Boundless.

Actually working on a city together, grants you knowledge of the people around you and how to better do things.

Testing knowledge holds very valuable, but the limited time to play, leads others one way or the other. True enough testing and giving feedback is a priority at this point.

But I believe some of the player creations can very well be used for a trailer coming with the official release.

3 Likes

Hopefully we all get warned soon enough.

2 Likes

I personally would like to see a full wipe for the update. At least for exp and skill. I’ll probably get rid of my builds and start from scratch even if they don’t reset plots. I want to get a good feel for the new version from the beginning.

2 Likes

If the game is even semi close to being released as 1.0 then I’d prefer to start from scratch when it’s released, but if it’s still going to be a while then I would be ok with a full wipe with the next big live update. Also, how cool would it be to have one of your creations in the official ad? Unfortunately mine wouldn’t make it sense I do graphic art, but I would imagine many of the rest of yours are more than amazing enough to make it to a commercial. If I saw the things you guys have built in a commercial I would’ve totally bought the game.

3 Likes

Also, I bet tool prices are gonna go up after the update goes live since nobody will be able to mass craft as easily which means there’s gonna be more single crafting which means there’s going to be more resoureses consumed. It only makes sense then that prices would go up.

2 Likes

coins wont be as hard to accumulate in the new update tho, so if the prices goes up a little it wont really be as complicated