Things you didn't know but found out by accident

I’ll start the topic by saying that after all this time playing I only found out now by accidentally using a block-changer on glacier that you can block-change between ice and glacier… :neutral_face:

What have you found out by accident/mistake while playing normally?

8 Likes

Reloading your sling with off hand augments. Also if fall from great hits try to aim for a chiseled slope to avoid fall damage.

11 Likes

Does this work with totems and revive augements too?

(Wow I’m the worst at actually hitting the reply to button. @ratchel)

2 Likes

yes it does!

3 Likes

Neat! Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome! 10 characters

1 Like

And now i learnt something too!! Hated running out of dmg augs all the time and opening my inv!

2 Likes

Livestock will mash your face if you tag them with a grapple.

4 Likes

also if you smack them in the butt with a totem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

On PC, the A and D keys change current UI tab (like skill pages, machine recipe list and content), Z and C keys the active filter. Space is click.

4 Likes

I probably should have mentioned that one too, as I also found that one out very early on when I first started playing, so because I actually use them kind of often, I forget it’s not obvious. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve said several times that I never played a game quite like this before, but i have a funny one for you.

I was playing for a couple of days before i accidentally held down the mouse button a little long and discovered that the tool would just keep swinging :blush:

Talk about feeling like an idiot!

This confused me at first, with the directional keys since it was literally another accident. I still didn’t know about space, I just tested it and it clicks on whatever the mouse is hovering over.

I was wondering what use it is and now discovered you can use arrow keys in the dialogs, too.

Thanks!

2 Likes

PC:You can recover your breath in half water blocks.
PC:You can see the underwater landscape by moving slowly into half water blocks,

3 Likes

Wow. Augments just became convenient!

1 Like

I just recently discovered that ‘creep’ stops you from falling off edges!

Tie this with the settings menu option to change the creep button to a toggle, makes for much easier building, no more falling off ledges while placing blocks!

2 Likes

This one reminded me … not sure how it works on PC but on PS4 if you set the “creep” to toggle then when you press the button in water you will sink rapidly.

Combined with that sinking feeling makes for some quick underwater gathering.

Just remember to hit the “creep” button again or you won’t be able to swim back up.

This killed me sooo many times when it was first introduced and I had no clue why my toon wouldn’t swim up lol

2 Likes

yesterday noticed for first time i can make a location marker and type in coord’s thats new to me

1 Like

Couple of days ago I read this thread and thought “Nothing ever surprised me”…

Couple days later, is just accidentally found out that if you fall on sand rather than rock, you can fall from much higher without taking damage. Then I tested on grass, and I actually take less damage than rock too, but not as good as sand! Pretty cool find imo!

1 Like

dunno if it still is but in beta you survive pretty much every jump on leaves def testing it when logging in lol

If You swing a liquid breaker in front of you, you got a little air before it fills up.
If you swing it and walk on the sea floor, You can walk on until your energy go out, or your inventory is full of water blocks…

4 Likes