To the guys here since release

It is known. And forever shall be.

1 Like

The portals, seeing structures on other worlds, the open economy. A lot I read about beforehand but no other game really pulls it off as good as Boundless.

1 Like

Ive been here since 6 days before its official release for ps4 and i can not list all the amazing things ive seen. The stuff the ea pc players did the week before launch was incredible and mind boggling. They had portal networks up to all planets that were available at the time we did not have 50 planets and they were so full that you had to wait to get to planet after someone left and you had to try to get on before someone else lol. One of my favorite things i have seen is the giant Anubis statue on Eresho think i spelled that right. But if i were to list all the things this post would go on forever i think. I will say thank you to all the Devs for making a game i truly love and play everyday. So Thank You Devs… You rock

4 Likes

I’m 100% not sorry for reviving this post from 11 months ago!

I know we’ve all had hangups recently about game connectivity and waiting on an update, but can we just take a moment to actually appreciate this game?

Boundless is like no other game out there! @Bethlehem and I have spent years playing games together, hoping that there’d be an in-game community that we can join. Even though there are a LOT of MMOs out there with very established communities (I’m not gonna mention names, but the one that springs to mind rhymes with Brelder Brolls Bronline), and even though we’ve been able to kinda integrate ourselves into those games, it’s nothing at all like the family that is Boundless.

Yeah, a few of us have had petty squabbles and disagreements, but that’s normal haha! For the most part, the community is caring, helpful and ready to join in with playing with you!

WELL DONE @james and crew for making this possible! A lot of us have made lifelong friends through this little game <3

Don’t give up on it just yet, guys :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Not to mention the real-life relationships that have begun as a result of playing the game!!

6 Likes

Great post - regardless of what the future may bring, I’ll never regret a second or a cent that I spent in this beautiful universe. And it was you, my fellow Citizens, that are a big part of that, what made it so, so special to me. :slight_smile: It really is like a family, and so many of the players in this game have just completely blown me away with their kindness, generosity, and talent. I’m honored to call some of you friends, and it has meant the world to me. Yep, we’re a passionate bunch and tempers can flare, we can get moody (yeah, I’m guilty) but a lot of that is simply because we care.

8 Likes

I enjoy these posts and it saddens me a bit that I wasn’t here since release like many of you. I have only been around since January of this year … but it still surprised me … here are a few things that caught me by surprise.

• The community … this is the biggest one for me and while I wish I had seen it when the game was really popping… I can’t mention enough how many random people have just simply said hello and even had a conversation with me and offered and given help at the drop of the hat. Friggin amazing…

• The sheer scope of the game feels huge. The builds, the planets, the regions, the hubs, the malls, the guild halls… just HUGE.

• The economy I love economies in games and this one hasn’t let me down at all. Some of these malls are just amazing and it is so nice to be able to just go buy an item or items versus waiting to have to craft it when I am in a big hurry.

• The plot system grind aside… I love the plot system. I know this one might seem controversial, but the plot system is simple to use and just works. Having come from games where people could grief you or found ways of bypassing systems I don’t have that issue here.

I could go on and on about what has surprised and that list is still growing as the game still throws a surprise at me every once in awhile… I wish I had started playing sooner, but I am thankful I have found the game and love it. While the future seems uncertain I for one think the game still holds quite a few surprises for us.

7 Likes

I’ve only been here since March 2020, but it feels like longer :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

tenor

@HOST if you would paste James face over God Howard, it would be much appreciated :rofl:

3 Likes

4 Likes

@Coolpants

1 Like

Late reply to you, but that was the thing that blew my mind. I bought minecraft 2 years after playing boundless to have another build medium to play with. Portals expand the universe so much. I keep trying to get my minecraft friends to come play Boundless, even offering to buy it for them.

6 Likes

I started playing Minecraft with FTB way back in the day. I have been doing the same and trying to but Boundless for friends that want it.

Even tough i miss some of the things from minecraft. I don’t miss MC enough to go back to it. Boundless just blew my mind with the portals all the colors and basically the freedom of building (mc was/is limited).

That said wouldn’t mind the whole redstone, fishing and what not if there was some version available of it in boundless.

What i miss the most is a auto-sort-storage i keep misplacing to much stuff. But that is mostly my fault with my “ill dump it here in this chest/storage block so i know its here” mentality… ( sad truth I forget where i dump it)…

Also no mc friends and the “friends” i had didn’t really where my friends but friends from my best friend…
But he doesn’t play boundless anymore…
So … most of you all I consider friends and family (in a way) :wink:

7 Likes

I followed the game but waited for release since I had been burned by some other EA titles when I first heard about Boundless in gameinformer. I was here something like day 3 of launch, because I had just at that point seen it streaming on twitch and became overjoyed that it had released.

I have always loved the chiseling system, that can’t be easy for the devs to maintain every time they add a block, but I’m so glad they do.

I was excited when spraypainting came into the game, although I have never personally used it haha.

I love the in game shop mechanic, it was something I’ve always wanted in an MMO and I like how they implemented it here a lot.

I like building in and playing with the diverse community here.

I wish I had the time I found at launch, back then I used this game as an escape from my depression I was in at the time (before I even knew that was what I was going though). In a way this game helped me though much of that dark time in my life. While I am finally out of the depths of that place, boundless will always hold a special place in my heart as one of the best MMOs I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing, and the single greatest sandbox I’ve ever dived into.

10 Likes

Well said! I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just shared :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wonder what my rep is probably that really annoying 12 year old constantly talking on forums

1 Like

Lol srr :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Thats so funny :laughing:

We love you don’t worry😉

I’m glad people like me
Also to those who have been annoying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: you know who you are :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like