To those worried/Mad about the game

Pretty much dead, lol

1 Like

Is that for PS4 or Steam?

1 Like

Those are 250 proud boundless players. Don’t sweep us under the rug. I’ve notice a few people who I seen on the forums say they quit are back playing again.

13 Likes

Those are my alt accounts sorry

10 Likes

saw these days several new players around also on the hunts and some returned players seems its getting up again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Some said the same:

Has the game died since?

4 Likes

I’m playing a little now. Mainly weekends though

5 Likes

Nice to see you back buddy :+1:

2 Likes

i can t take this serious because look to 23th August it says 0 Players …and mid september 1000 players…

4 Likes

as long as there’s a ‘‘HOST’’ the game is not yet dead…fact

6 Likes

Will be there too​:wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Probably steam unless dev’s give exact numbers that isn’t correct because PS4/PS5 doesn’t have this function/information available as far as i know… do want to point out however i do see more PlayStation Oortians then i see PC Oortians.
(PlayStation Oortians have an online id under their character name which PC Oortians don’t see :wink: [if someone was wondering how PlayStation Oortians know])

2 Likes

I know who is a PS Oortian when they start typing. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Wasn’t you. But I’m glad your back. It’s honestly a great game if everyone can get past the footfall and plot hogging.

3 Likes

Just to let you guys know, it’s on to take a break. But most of us regulars. We are gonna be waiting for you with open arms.

4 Likes

The statistic you linked from 2018 is concurrent players on steam. The statistic he posted is an estimated number of players who log in at a any given point during the day. That’s not an apples to apples comparison.

In Sept-Oct 2018, there was an average of 350ish concurrent steam players. That is now down to averaging beneath 35 concurrent steam players as of this month, which is over a 90% decrease. Now, that doesn’t include Playstation, so I’d say realistically more like 70-80.

I’m not arguing that the game is “dead”, everyone can make their own determination, but just wanted to correct the statistics comparison there.

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen discussions about concurrent player numbers on Steam and/or PSN several dozen times in the past 3 years. It NEVER achieves anything because there’s too many unknown variables.
There is no valid conclusion to take from them either way.

All you can say is “DUH” as the game has not been updated in more than 10 months, so, obviously, there is some level of decline in player numbers. Is the game as alive as it was in 2018? Unlikely. Is it dead or dying? Hard to actually say. Is a bear dead when it hibernates?

4 Likes

I honestly dont understand why this game has so few players, everyday when i log in i find some new incredible and inspiring builds that someone has created and think that maybe someday someone else will see what ive created and think that way about mine. That feeling is what hooks me into boundless the most and i havent got that feeling from any other game.

3 Likes

agreed (though there will probably be several replies coming up from people who know exactly why :wink: )
I’ve tried to get back into old games or try new ones but there is something special about boundless that keeps me hooked.

5 Likes

From all the discussions over the years, I can make a few guesses in regards to why there’s so few players.

• Minimal level (if not “complete lack”) of marketing/online presence from devs on social media (Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, this forum).
• Retail price way too high, coupled with in-game store, makes them look a bit too greedy.
• No proper content added to the game in almost a year.
• Playerbase divided and arguing on this here forum, between some that are aggressively pessimistic (mea culpa), aggressively optimistic (to the point where some constantly dismiss/hide/censor/flag stuff they just don’t like). You can argue the devs barely speak on the forum anymore because of us all.

If/When the devs come back, I honestly think the only way for them to resurrect the game would be to :
• Vastly improve on their online presence, have a person who’s side-job is to do community managing, interact with us, support more the players who make Youtube/Twitch videos, make new trailers, make sure the game gets a lil’ bump on Steam & PSN to be noticed a little more.
• Turn the game into a Free-2-Play (or at least greatly reduce the retail price of the game), boost the production of in-game store content, and at the same time, finish making the promised features (Titans, Hunter, etc). I can already tell some people who hate Boundless becoming a F2P game, but at some point, you gotta realize it might be the only way for the game to survive. Of course I’d prefer getting new block textures for free, but if I gotta pay to get them, I think to myself that it’s for the good of the game.
• Better communication with the playerbase would greatly improve the level of discourse on the forum.
• A roadmap. Now, to clarify, a game that is properly updated and healthy doesn’t need a roadmap, but a game where the devs have been mostly silent for almost a year owe it to their players to have a roadmap. No promises, no dates, just “here is what we will do, and this roadmap is to make sure we hold ourselves to our objectives”.

5 Likes