To those worried/Mad about the game

it says

Required Bluetooth Windowsⓡ 10 or Later | Macos 10.15 or later Linux® (2) | Chrome OS (2) | iOS 13.4 or later (2) iPados 14 or later (2) | Androidtm 5.0 or later (2) - (2 = basic functions of device are supported without software for operating systems except Windows and MacOS)

i have been with a bluetooth keyboard for a while, my gaming laptop is on top of a drawer
and connected to the TV with HDMI then i use wireless keyboard and mouse, but my keyboard had a dodgy N button from day one and it was the last one … so i had to deal with it, but a few days ago when i pressed any button it added more letters lol imagine pressing D and u get DGF , so yeah time for a replacement and after lots of researging i came on this keyboard with some extra functions

also because i like to connect to more devices at one, ps4, android box, laptop so i can switch between them with a press of a botton.

2 Likes

d’oh, mojave is macos 10.14something and if i upgrade the os a large portion of my games library will stop running on this laptop (according to the warning label on the store home pages on steam)… however that spec says to me that there probably is an earlier version of the keyboard that would work with my laptop—that gives me a solid next step for researching solution, thanks!

Oh I totally LOVE this game!!! I’m not a huge builder, but I try. I love the crafting aspect and I am a grinder, so I can go hunt down stuff… and I am getting braver, adventuring to Exos for loot and stuff. I’ve only been playing since May 2021.

This game works great, from my little tiny perspective… it’s so much better than other games I’ve been introduced to and the COMMUNITY is awesome! The Vikings, EZPZ, TNT, the GTG folks, Kree, HSE, TheFIRM, Reapers, everyone has been super gracious. Yeah, I’ve seen a griefer or two, but they get handled, politely even. :slight_smile:

Just figured I’d toss my two cents out there. I’m not mad. I mean more cool stuff is good… and yes I want to be able to do the super cool stuff… and I’m able to get coins by sellin’ oortstones and hunting. Farms are out there and I’m always looking for some good ole hopper cores and other random items, and that challenge keeps me coming back to hopefully get all the things I want.

Now if you don’t mind me… I’ll get back to it. BTW, when I am not doing my IRL stuff, you’ll find me in Boundless… (unless the grandson wants to play a different game, which happens… cough Bloons TD6 and cough Terarria… but if I had my way, we’d have the whole family playing Boundless all the time.

^c^

13 Likes

Perhaps you get them all to Play with you and us Boundless :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

been there with my nephew - he outgrew it though, so peace for my sore eyes trying to see something there :rofl:

1 Like

Im back to the game and really enjoy new features. I was playing on the release.
This game need more pubilicity! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Community is so great, just want to stay on this game for that!

Sorry for my english… I would speak more of Boundless still playable but i can’t lol
Enjoy the game guys, new people are here they need your help! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Funny thing about those topics is that only people who have fun are still speaking, because everyone else already left.
And then those few reasonable voices are called up on “killing game” or so because - surprise - everyone else who is still speaking is happy with the state of the game.

Those people are not majority of people who wanted to play it. They are minority which liked the way James went about. If anyone is harming this game - its this kind of guys who stick to it and said “everything is fine” and “its good game” and “your opinion is less important cause see how many people have fun”. That killed any reasonable feedback even before i left.

But what do i know? I’m just one of those “few” guys who left years ago, when they saw direction where this game is going. :rofl:

2 Likes

Which language IS your native one ? If its German i ll can Help you a Lot and very fast and easy .

Great to See coming people Back :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

actually, there are way more moaners and complainers posting with their “the game is dead” messages, than there are positive people posting about the bright side (that’s why this topic was created)
a lot of those who are disappointed might not play but they post in forum

and it’s a psychological feat, that people share negative thoughts and emotions more than positive ones; or, in other words, a person with negative view is more likely to share it publicly than a person with a positive view

and no, positive people don’t harm this game; most positive people see the problems, appreciate what needs to improve; but unlike negative people, we tend to do something that can help the game, rather than undermine it

1 Like

I had taken down a post here, I’ll sort of repost it with some more thoughts now that we do have an event back. Sorry in advance for the essay.

There are really two sides to this, and I don’t see anybody’s feelings as being invalid here – while being negative doesn’t help I know, it is much more a symptom than a cause I think, mostly coming from people who truly care about the game and are feeling hurt. I don’t think it is fair to blame these fans, though I applaud the efforts of those who are trying to stay positive and grow things regardless. I’ve always said games are more than just games, people can put a LOT of their effort, emotions, and cash into them… virtual world as real as (and often better) than the physical one in many ways. Relationships form, both romantic and deep friendships, art is created, people find escape from the troubles of the physical world, connection and healing. People can be legitimately hurt and scared when something they’ve put so much into goes silent with other bad signs in the mix, like here.

Personally, yeah, I have gotten negative and pessimistic – though also, IRL stuff killing me at the moment and in a bad depression so some of that coming into play here. My mood is all messed up and I apologize for that, I’m prone to be Evil Paka lately. :smiling_imp: But with the game, I think the Gleambow event time passing without anything happening was kind of the flipping point for me. I was sure that was a way of telling us, forget it, it’s over. Then the posts from Phil. So seeing the Halloween event up is heartening. I’ve REALLY tried so hard to support this game, stay positive. Done what I could to promote, and also, supported the community in any way I could – bought fuels, GC, even grocery money for members who needed it. And this was after something early on that would have sent me out the door in any other game (I elaborated in the deleted post, won’t here for those who saw that, no point in bringing up specifics, but just mentioning it now in general though to stress how much I love this game and the people in it). I love all my fellow Citizens, I’m forever grateful for the true friendships I found here and the escape the game has provided for me, and wish the team 1000x well no matter what the outcome here. :slight_smile: But I also don’t think it is fair to be hard on people who’ve turned negative or put blame on them.

13 Likes

For me it has never been a blame-game.

Everyone reacts to things differently. Same circumstances trigger different reactions in different people.

I never post positivity to disregard someone else’s negativity, and I’m sure it’s the case with most people here.

But as the bleak views of things find the way to the forum, so should optimistic thoughts and viewpoints. Just to balance things out.
Positivity is way stronger than negativity, but negativity finds way out to the world more often (such is human nature, that content people don’t go around talking their happiness as much as bothered people talk about their troubles).

@bucfanpaka - I send you thousand hugs :hugs: stay calm and grounded and things will turn around for you, the dark clouds will disperse and the sun will shine again in your inner skies :sunglasses: You’ve been nothing short of excellent in this community and may the community give you back all they can in whatever currency possible (I chose hug currency :sunglasses:)

4 Likes

Im ok im french. @SenshiroSan help me sooooo much
Thx for asking assist :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Np i ll be there too of Help IS needed

2 Likes

Me too. :hugs: Huge hugs to you and all!! :heart:

… And I am working on something positive right now too, setting up some orb farms for the event! :wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this isn’t wholly true. When someone labels people as being negative when they say things about the game that they don’t want to hear, or calls them “moaners and complainers”, it only serves to keep the community fractured and to stand in the way of people airing their grievances, having real, considerate conversations and then being able to moving on (whether that be to move on to a different game and leave the forums on good terms, or to find a way past their problems and get back to enjoying it).

And as far as I can see, if anything can hold this game together right now, it’s the community working together and listening to each other. The people who deny and berate those with negative opinion are, however unintentionally, working against that too.

6 Likes

Stating facts is not labeling. There are people that are negative and there are people who are positive. There are also those who are balanced.

Never said I don’t want to hear complaints.
But I expect that if someone takes upon them the task to criticise something, they do it in a constructive way and tries to avoid black and white kind of perception.

When I react to negativity I do it to promote positivity, not to attack anyone. And I don’t do it to defend Boundless. I do it to pull others out of negative loop: kinda “I know its raining mate, but the sun will shine again eventually”.

I address negative approach, not criticism itself. Negative approach is blind to brighter side of things. Negativity sees a problem and announces the end of the world.

I want criticism and discussion about real issues around the game, but negativity only poisons minds and warps facts. Complaining can be done without negativity.

If we are to be United as community is it better to unite over good things and take actions to promote good outcomes, or unite in doom and gloom and constant negative approach and do nothing?

That would be true if I flagged someone’s post.
And my replies to others grievances are nothing but starting a conversation. As in “are you sure it’s that bad? I can try to show you things are better than you might t think.”

Maybe we need a topic for complaining without discussion or any kind of replying. So we know that those who post there just want to vent and let the steam out without actually talking to anyone.

2 Likes

vent early, vent often, i say

1 Like

For those who think Boundless is dead here’s the answer :laughing: They say:

https://mmostats.com/check/is-boundless-dead

No! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

After being ignored for nearly 3 months in asking nicely where the early access rewards are that are absent in my inventory/account.

Cyhra - Dead To Me - YouTube Song sums it up nicely.

4 Likes

Totally understandable, hoping that you will finally be heard.