Top relatively-easy to implement QoL changes

In anycase, these suggestions I made would not be needed in any way IF the devs actually add a Blueprint feature.

Although, one thing I kinda wish they’d do in the meantime would be to make a copy of every craftable block with a slightly different normal map, with cracks, and when the reclaim feature is activated, it turns the crafted blocks into these worn-out blocks instead of ash blocks.

Still kinda want to see ruins of builds. ^^

I will not disagree if the developers let players create a blueprint then it solves some more of the problem. My suggestion as I said earlier would be to make the blueprinting on demand and stored locally.

You don’t think it should happen automatically with the auto-reclaim? Maybe kept in a cloud storage for a month or something?

There’s some good ideas in this thread but I’m not sure how many of them are actually QoL changes. Some of these are major overhauls and would take quite a lot of development work.

I think we would both agree there is a lot more data in a blueprint than in a list of blocks like reclaim does now. Do I have a problem with the develops storing it for some limited time? No, but I would want feedback from them on the cost before the timeframe was set. I do think it would be good to allow on demand in any case and local storage. If you have a 13000 plot build and value it, then take the time to blueprint it. Do not depend on the developers to save it for you over the long term.

Good point.

Actually, I already wrote something about it :

I should re-write that, by the way.
EDIT : done! CRAZY IDEA : Blueprint system REDUX

There are many ideas here posted in giant paragraphs mixed in with extensive discussion. Does anyone want to turn them into bullets for me so that I can update the OP?

1 Like

You should see how much footfall the TNT megahub generates :wink:

2 Likes

I would like it if group/guild/DMs/etc (Any chat, really) not have to be “polled for” and everything is instantaneously transmitted. This “polling” mechanic the devs put into chat is what causes the delay.

• Add the expiration date of a beacon (day, month, year) in the mouse-over tooltip when looking at said-beacon.

• Rework the ‘plot removal’ effect on the sides of the plot you’re targeting so that it doesn’t flash white anymore, and instead flashes a something like a big diagonal red cross.

(last time I had to remove a lot of plots inside a big beacon, I legit hurt my eyes with the white flashes, had to lie down afterward)

• split beacon in 2 beacons, drop 2nd beacon, use some plotter like item to show where the dividing line is and boom
4 Likes

One more suggestion to add, might not be that simple but not sure so will add - swimming defaults to floating. Press the button if you want to dive/sink, not the opposite as it is now. Others might disagree but think it would be a lot better that way.

1 Like

Already on there ;p @bucfanpaka

1 Like

Ah, missed it, so I guess it is a ditto instead! :wink:

1 Like

We appreciate your support :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please no. I know many people want these kind of creative features, but this is a terrible idea.

1 Like

I only responded to PC player mentioning using shift.

Also, how about :

• [PC only] a local file you can edit to add musics to the rotation of the game and attach them to some existing situations, which would only play mp3 files added to the game’s “Original Soundtrack” folder.

You could say “but why don’t you play the musics yourself with VLC/Mediaplayer/ITunes?” and I’d say “it’s far more satisfaying when it’s randomly picked and still fits a situation”.

I still remember, back in the days of World of Warcraft : Burning Crusade, I had an addon called “Soundtracks” which did just what I described here, and I spent a long time actually re-working what music plays in which zones, to have my own playlist fit how each zone made me feel.
13 years later, I still have a Neverwinter Nights music of which I renamed the file “Hillsbrad Foothills” in my playlist :

That was SO satisfying to play the game like normal and be greeted by different musics than the ones the game normally offers.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound easy to implement…

Please try to keep to “quick” ideas for this thread. You are more than welcome to make a fresh thread.