Top relatively-easy to implement QoL changes

Ah, i see. indeed, there is almost no reason to go hunt those higher lvl planets

Ya, some would be big, but you could do an “illusion”. the portal might be 6x5, BUT the door is still a normal 1x2, you just open the door, and see only 2 blocks of the larger portal. cool idea tho!

I’d add:
-before we get proper wearables, add 1 special inventory slot that can hold 1 light emitting item (any torch, gleam, lantern…) and scrap light epic.
-scaffolding: instead of flying in your beacon, a block type could be added: made of sticks, see-through, always takes 1 hit to remove or has an option to remove all. Industrial Craft mod for MC has this, + it is climbable, and if the bottom block is removed, the entire scaffolding collapses

6 Likes

Yeah that would be doable, but if I want a portal from Trung to Norkyna it is not :frowning:

So it’s a tad limiting I feel…

Best idea I have had so far is to build a house on Trung, where the front door is a portal to Circapous, the hallway is then build completely there and we all know Circa has reasonable access to many planets! But… I have so many saved beautiful locations I would want to use on the higher tier planets it’s crazy which I would not be able to use.

So yes, I really, really would love a way to make this possible somehow!

For instance, now we pay more oort/h the more portal conduits we use, why not let the distance be what the costs are instead? Would be so much nicer in many builds. Of course put a limit on it, like 1 blinksec max size is 12 blocks or somesuch so people won’t make gigantic portals 100m away, haha.

And also, why not do what Jiivita suggested, 1 slot for oort shards per how many per hour you need to fuel it. Portal needs 4 shard/h? 4 slots for shards!

And on top of that, extend the maximum blinksecs! So if you have oodles of oort you can open a portal from Trung to Norkyna!

This could be a good use of the sticks we have. Maybe just like how we choose plots using a plotter, we choose plots using some other type of scaffolding plotter. Chosen plots than get automatic scaffolding each of 2 blocks high (standard oortian height) so per plot you get 4 different scaffolding levels for maximum building accessibility. As you build, you can remove individual pieces of scaffolding to make space for your build if you need but if youre done, you remove the bottom piece or “de-scaffold it” using the same device used earlier. Would make life easier.

1 Like

My hands after mass crafting. Mass craft all button please.

Edit: And my mass crafting mouse graveyard.

7 Likes

I forget where these are at this point but flat out remove the broken forge boons if they haven’t already been.

1 Like

squeeze in writing info in alt list
moebs --> crafter
moebius --> warrior

did you not yet discover the secret power off spacebar?

1 Like

I find the spacebar slower than my mouse, but I also am using a cherry red mechanical keyboard while my mouse is just a standard Logitech so it is harder to press.

it’s not that simple. what if I build on someone else’s plots and want to keep my work? what if I’m storing my stuff in someone else’s base because I don’t have my own? what if I build a workshop for my guild and then stop playing?

even if the beacon owner is gone, there might still be an active player with good reason to keep the beacon alive.

1 Like

Yeah definitely high tier meteors should have the seeds as and extra reward on top of a normal oort drop. We should get better rewards for going to more dangerous worlds.

Same with ichor, we should get a bit more of that thing to make it worth the effort. Right now I don’t think it’s worth it. The only reason I like to go hunting at t7 once in a while is to remember how difficult a hunt can get there lol.

2 Likes

I will not disagree but for how long? How long should plots that could belong to a player that is not playing the game stay in the game? How long should players have to make other arrangements for things they depend on or should players always know that other players plots could go away when they do?

While they might be useful to you or to others, should you not have to use your own plots to play the game versus someone that may not have played in years and has no intention of coming back? when does it become an exploit?

There are no changes that take only 1 hour to implement but here are some QoL and other things:

• I second the mass-craft-all or craft-30 suggestions, even better would be a way to shift-click orders onto multiple crafting tables or just treating a contiguous block of crafting tables as one giant parallelized crafting table. Contiguous block treatment could apply to other crafting things too but would be a huge crafting buff.

• Progress bar visible without interacting, showing what is current length of queue in crafting table (and other crafting items like furnace, extractor, etc.) and what is the item currently being crafted. A second bar can show how much fuel is available vs. how much fuel is needed to finish the craft. When there is more fuel than needed, the second bar is full. When there is 50 fuel and 100 needed, the second bar is half. Players who don’t like this can turn it off.

• When looking through a portal, show coordinates of destination and maybe Settlement/beacon name, maybe in a text line near the compass. Ideally before the portal has to fully load, this simple text info should be first to arrive

• Option to always run without pressing shift at all

• This is because I’m a noob but it would be nice if there is a slingbow variant without any projectile drop (maybe much less dmg or something). I really like how the reticle turns red but it is really hard to aim while lagging/(panicking LOL)

• I may make this a separate post but: for outposts that are < 10,000 prestige, I would still like to know who has visited. I don’t care about the footfall coin (can anyone really get significant footfall in a active daily playerbase of 100-1000? also LOL I said the worst F word). It would be really nice if I could get a 24 hr visitor list to see who has enjoyed my buildings, or at least a 24 hr visitor count. This is also good for many things > 10,000 prestige!

2 Likes

At some point hunger is just annoying and has no real bearing on the game. Have an auto-eat slot where you put as much food as you want, which keeps your hunger full with no interaction

3 Likes

but there is double-tap function; works pretty well in my opinion

I wouldn’t mind toggle on/off for sprint anyway, I agree it could be good (both sprint and creep).

1 Like

Thanks for posting these, taking some notes for future use!

6 Likes

No double tap on PS4

I’ll update the OP later

1 Like

Say you are the manager of a mall, and you do not want people to re-fuel another person’s beacon because it might be better to let it regen. Simply tell the people, put a sign, something like that.
It’s not like visitors carry beacon fuel on them at all times, so it would be more likely to be someone from the settlement who would refuel the place, or someone actively looking to do that.
Again, in my eyes, I’d say the positive effects out-weights the potential risks by a wide margin.

Again, I can’t stress this enough, I never said anything about “forever”, you’re just going immediately with the unlikely scenario that there’s someone who would always refuel the same dead beacon over and over without a good reason, without talking with the neighbors of the beacon or anything.

But ok. Then it would need some limit to how many times you can do it or something. It’s not like I’m against putting rules on that. :man_shrugging:

Another idea then :
How about an option, ON by default, where you’d get a mail on the e-mail adress associated to your Steam/PSN account, to warn you that your beacon is about to die in 24 hours?

And here’s another other idea :
In World of Warcraft, if you’re a guild-leader, and you’re absent from the game for 2 months or more, there is an option for an officer to grab the rank of guild-leader from you in order to keep it alive.
How about something similar where if you’re absent for too long (6 months?), someone in your friend-list who has enough free plots can take ownership of your beacons.
It would be a friend, so you would be more likely to be able to get ownership back when/if you come back.
Maybe only Steam/PSN friends could have that option.

@DKPuncherello Do you think this one is worthy to be added to your OP :arrow_down: ?

Also, as much as I’d like this to exist, it seems like it could be abused far too easily. You’re outside on a hunt or mining extravaganza, need to switch talent but you’re under cooldown? Pop-up a campfire, there you go!

1 Like

How is that abuse, really?

For me it’s often things like:
Building floors so I want minimum control
Switch to max control miner to build walls
Back to min control for ceilings
Switch to farmer toon to plant some decorative crops
Switch to crafter to make some doors
Switch to utility character to open a portal
Switch back to builder for min control

Etc
Huge pain for no reason

Yeah but if you just have to place a campfire to switch skill page, then why even have the whole cooldown thing. A campfire is like the first thing you learn to craft, doesn’t require a table or anything.

And then, why even have skill pages if it becomes trivial to switch between them all the time?
If pages become a worthless concept, why even have a limit of 100 skill points?

Let me be clear, I get you, it’s annoying. But maybe the true solution would be a full-redesign of the skill system. That’s something I already tried to tackle, by the way : [CRAZY IDEA] Skill & Combat Overhaul

World of Warcraft does the same thing with talents that you can only change in rested areas. They used to be a real meaningful choice, now it’s not really far from just switching between two weapons in your bag, and the devs feel the need to layer more progression/choice systems on top of the talents. ^^

1 Like