Universal Forge Ingredient Apocalypse

If players want to create a mission board, where they decide what the reward is for completion then I am not sure where that is a problem. As long as the completion criteria is easily quantifiable then it would work. But it has to be quantifiable. So much of a specific resource delivered by a specific time. They also need to be able to specify the specific color when applicable. This way there is no disagreement if it was done or not. Either the items were delivered on time or they were not. No partial fills, no running late.

1 Like

I got my less than sign turned around! They shouldn’t be less than 5c. :blush:… It implying they shouldn’t be even close to that low…

And again, @Sujimichi88 nothing was meant to be an attack on you, though you are clearly taking it that way. I am not delusional as you put it, and I have not attacked you, so can we keep the name calling out of this?

There ARE different perspectives… and I’m not throwing “my opinion” out there without any understanding of the subject. You can agree or disagree…

After reading the thread I think there are several factors at work… but the main one is the supply vs the demand due to more people forging with a mat intensive process, which has increased the demand, but not the supply. Add to the pile, undercutting prices (on both mats and the final product… and a go to shop or two that have not been super reliable lately… I’m including myself in this as I’ve been busy with moving my shops so Forging Matters has not been stocked as much as I like.) When go-to shops start running low in stock things get crazy… Take speed brews for example… :crazy_face:

You can also change your strategies. I use to see forgers that offered discounts for players that provided their own mats. I haven’t seen that for awhile.

I do everything for myself and I haven’t had issues gathering the things I need to craft and forge my items. It takes me alittle longer to gather some items but I can still get what I need.

1 Like

Yep, understand where you are coming from. It would just be easier to manage if it was a system.

It could be a system, but there are a lot of areas where design decisions have to be made. Do you have players create a machine that gives them access to the mission board and from there they can either create a mission or select one they want to complete? Once the mission is complete where do players go to deliver the materials and pick up payment? Do they use the same machine?

Is this via a totally different method and there are physical mission boards located someplace so even players that do not have the ability to craft a machine can use it? Do you place it in the Sanctum? Do you deliver materials and get payment also through the sanctum?

Like I said, I think it is possible, but there is a lot of design that has to go into it.

I haven’t had any follow-up discussions on this because they’ve been focused on more priority systems. But, I still plan to get them to look at a system like this and implement it. I think it is the better “economy” model than we have right now… or at least a good augment to it:

1 Like

Well this is such a juicy post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The apocalypse is here. Hoard your creature drops. Raise your prices. It’s the end of the worlds!!!

14 Likes

Thanks, yeah I’m not sure how it should exactly work. But I like the idea of it. I think it might bring more life to central locations where job boards could go up.

It would be hard to do without a system, because it would have to rely on a lot of person trust and integrity for both sides to work.

Also I think it should provide some form of reward beyond what the player provides as the “winnings” because it would have to be more than just a reformed request basket.

I realize it would take a lot of work to implement and would take back seat of course to many other sought after wants from the community.

Just thought it might be a way to bring the community together more, much like musical instruments would.

And pull in people that feed off a mission type of gameplay.

1 Like

This is just a normal economy.

You can’t ‘fix’ it. Economies ebb and flow. Demand goes up, prices go up, demand goes down, prices go down. What someone thinks will fix it today, will be what causes it to tank in a month and a new fix will come that spikes the market for another month and then another thing will occur to cause it to tank.

The population is too small to maintain a non volatile market. The only way this equalizes over time is with a much larger player population.

The current volatile economy we have is a direct result of a low player count. Plain and simple.

11 Likes

Wish i could heart 3x

1 Like

Do we at least get to choose the order of which world has to go first? I’ve already got a list…

1 Like

Xp tie in is an AWESOME idea

1 Like

Let me clarify, and yes we are talking concepts not details. I can imagine a way to measure rewarded xp. I also imagine that it cant be crazy or it will become a “cheat”, but it would encourage interaction to have the game reward xp on contracts.

Details: xp is calculated by “block” type and action, so perhaps there is a measurement in there. Or maybe 1 xp per coin transferred or something. There might be an interesting mechanic here if balanced even a little. I doubt this is a small ask, but I suspect most of us aren’t in a super hurry either right.

2 Likes

ok so here is how I power level using this. I take a block that has a large XP per block reward. I get a SS and give it to my alt. My main sets up a contract then the alt immediately deposit the blocks and gets the xp. rinse and repeat. Even if it is tied to coin I can transfer coin between alts pretty easily so I can inflate the xp by rewarding a cheap block for 1 million coin and the xp that comes from it being a 1 million coin reward.

I am not against the idea of contracts, but I think it needs to stay with coin or with a swap of blocks/resources as payment. And the payment needs to come from the player putting the contract out there and not from the game. If the developers want to place contracts that every player can do once, then they can reward xp for it. It is available to every player and cannot be churned.

Is it possible to exclude alts from accepting missions set by same account? So they are account’ level missions?

1 Like

I have no idea if it is possible to exclude alts. .

Edit: the only thing I am aware of that is done at the account level is gleam club

Maybe that is something the devs could program to prevent that exploit?

1 Like

What if forging more than one tool at a time gave an ingredient cost reduction the way all the other mass crafts do? Would that help with the demand?

4 Likes

I tried leading a few hunts last year when I was with icon, I even stepped in for combustive when his internet was having trouble before/during a hunt, it isnt hard but it is slightly out my comfort zone but no one really showed up to the ones I arranged (same time) i could see the difference in numbers so I stopped as I didn’t feel I was needed or that it was worth the hassle, 3 messages on discord and another 3 on forums for only 2-4 people when other groups get 10/15 min

1 Like