Updates

That’s a whole lot of money on a game. However, if you love it and it’s what you can afford to spend it on, then why not.

I suppose the same logic could be said about my watch collection. All just tell the time, but errr yea, we are in buying a new SUV territory.

on a side note it would be interesting to see if the staunch backers and supporters of the game in the current situation are the ones with a lot of money spent on it.

Personally I think I’m in the 400-600 range, and see both the good and definitely not so good

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for pants and a warp wraith :grin:

Ooh understand been waiting for certain kickstarter games to even come out at all back from 2014 :laughing:

1 Like

whats wrong with running around in your undies?!?!? :slight_smile:

(O.O) but I like me diaper

1 Like

Pretty sure you’ve got me beat then. :astonished: I think. I might be wrong. Probably better I don’t know. :rofl: And knowing I’m probably topped gives me some comfort. :joy: I literally haven’t kept track (thinking 1.5k range here, if I had to take a serious guess)

This actually also gives me comfort too - to know my husband isn’t the only one. :rofl: I swear if I see one more :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: watch from Stauer come in… (but hey, I can’t be a hypocrite - and he isn’t aware of my rental addiction. :flushed: Well, at least my addiction doesn’t clutter up the house… just Wonderstruck’s servers :laughing: )

2 Likes

You got me beat on da paka verse lol
I probably only really have 1k plots but everyone know how big me place is XD

1 Like

All things aside, we can sit here and express our likes and dislikes and I appreciate that, but there are many of us that enjoy the game still. It has it’s issues and lacks and we all have our needs and wants but none of this really has stopped the game from being fun.

I think about the game all day … hell I’m on the forums when I can’t be in the game and that is because of the game being something I have been looking for in many aspects.

I recognize that the game isn’t completely what it may have set out to be and it may not be what it used to be but in the end a sandbox game is only as strong as it’s community.

We are who make the game what it is … and without the community here the game would be a lot less enjoyable for me.

2 Likes

Totally agreed - the game is very addictive and healing, so fun to escape into, and the community is absolutely the best and what has truly made it so special for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Neither the jedi nor the sith are balanced imo. You can have too much good. A gray jedi would be more balanced imo.

Ontopic: whether or not the game is going to get the update ive realized i either need to decide if what it is now is worth playing for me or if im only waiting for new stuff. For me the answer is yes and the permadeath community has breathed even new fresh air into the game for me.

All I’ve seen these past few months is that in the end I can play it or not and wait and see what happens. Because as far as i know im not a developer on this game.

But maybe one of y’all is and you are just hiding among us :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ik that’s what I think to Jedi and Sith are way to unbalanced I mean Sith know they are but Jedi think they are but they arnt
And did u know they actually are in the dictionary if u look it up lol

Might just be the romantic in me but the lack of advertising and even the communication situation give me hope. I choose to see it as 1- keeping the game off the radar so when they advertise more people will be seeing it for the first time, hinging on 2- Larian will incorporate the game and Wonderstruck completely into their company and the deal isn’t complete yet so there are some NDA clauses that prohibit the devs from talking about it.

If it doesn’t go that way, whatever. I’m playing the game as though it’s at peak popularity, because if we get an influx of players in the thousands it will change the whole oortscape in the blink of an eye.

I’m playing as though it’s a certainty that Larian has seen and recognized how popular this game actually got with minor exposure, how many players are unabashedly addicted to it despite limited resources in development and server infrastructure, how much money the game makes per player (see @:cookie:’s post above, I bet it’s well above average in the gaming industry), and they are enthusiastic to build a stronger foundation and put a bigger team around the game.

3 Likes

I mean how many games can boost multiple people spent thousands on a game with a lot less stuff than the average goat games

2 Likes

I mentioned this in the Permadeath thread, but this is what I mean… by making the game yours and making it whatever makes it fun for you that is the beauty and curse of sandboxes. They can be totally boring or totally fun completely based on what’s fun for you. You become limited to your imagination more than anything… and some constraints pushed out by the game of course.

If the game is getting boring for ya try something new… start over… or start a new community, build a city or hub, build a mining network, I have so many ideas in my head that I have planned and can only hope I get to at least half of them…

I still feel a lot of people do get bored with the game over time and I’ll stand by that… but when boredom sets in try something new you just might like it.

3 Likes

I like your way of thinking. :slight_smile: I’ve gotten more negative in recent months here I know and my play time has gone down, but truly, I love the game and especially love all of you - I want a prosperous, massive Oortiverse more than anything. :grin:

Edit: Hopefully Larian has seen this too -

Particularly this part too, comparing it to what I saw with other games-

2 Likes

This has been my been my way of thinking, but I always tend to think more positive than others. To be honest here I pretty much play solo … and I regret it… I would really like to join a community or make one of like-minded players that just enjoy the game. Myself and a friend play together as we always have… but for the most part that’s it.

I’ll remain positive throughout whatever comes…thanks for your positive thoughts.

2 Likes

Speaking of hours if you are on Steam … have you ever checked your total hours played on all Steam games?

I think last I checked I was at 11,500 hours played across my games…

1 Like

Over the last 7 years, I’ve spent 6975.4 hours playing.
and about 4114.2 of those hours are boundless alone xD
hooray for boundless :stuck_out_tongue: Still my steam favorite by hours spent :slight_smile:

I definitely got my moneys worth all those many years ago.

3 Likes

You can hang with me on HSE HQ while I build!

I do really want to start rebuilding Kindred Bay on Sorissi soon. Usually I have two or three builds going at a time but since my current project is for the guild I’m basically trying to finish that before doing any major work elsewhere. After that’s complete I’m hoping to convince some people to fill in the gaps in KB with me and return the city to prominence.

1 Like

Closed at the request of the OP.