Warp block cheat

Oh this was a big group. I wouldnt ever solo hunt. I would died over and over. It is too embarrassing.

I see your point about effort though.

That was my reaction to lucas comment. Sure, that would be easy to fix. Make Oort affordable for everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will pay money for a gleam club that includes refueling of portals the same way the gleam club works for beacons and requires an initial stack of oort to open said portal but the fuel usage from that point is tied to gleam club. (ie the way beacons work)

3 Likes

This seems to be a common theme in forum searches I have looked at.

The other side to the argument seems to be that then you have builds blocking planets for far too long as a result of them not dying/regenning/etc.

Would a fix such as pricing new server costs in to an updated gleam club PLUS version (which includes your suggestion) a long side the current gleam club. This way it would seem that all builds that are ā€˜clutterā€™ and remain around would be offset by their subscription cost which would allow the purchase of more server/world space thereby allowing players to still have plenty of land to inhabit?

The way Baby Cookie Seeā€™s it breaks Networks to free warp so letā€™s help networks stay active by not warp block cheating (^-^)

I will quit when this happens. No offense.

I am in favor of an oort fueling chest though (fill it with oort and it fuels all portals in the beacon until empty), or the ability to fuel portals from the places menu.

3 Likes

Make it like workshop fuel and if destroyed you lose all your oort fuel lol

No, you wonā€™t. :slight_smile:

I like how you think. Letā€™s try to keep the value of the Oort as it is now, but alleviate the tedious feed all portal by being able to queue up a sizeable amount in a feed all chest or something.

If the Oort were to fall heavily in value, would people really still hunt as much as they do ?

The problem is not only the price, itā€™s also very difficult to be even able to buy Oort. He tried to buy Oort at 300c and wouldnā€™t get a seller

If you run a big mall or a hub or network you should be able to find people who prefer to sell to you because they want to support your network. Thatā€™s fine, but if people with less shiny projects canā€™t even buy Oort they have a problem too.

Not only do they not get footfall to help them pay for the Oort, they also have to pay a higher price.

If we want the game to grow we always have to remember that everyone playing it must have fun, not only the few with the big shiny projects.

4 Likes

Hmmm considering other changes over time, this may not be a direct correlation. I mean, it probably isnā€™t.

In a more active economy, more people hunting would equal cheaper oort - by normal market forces.

2 Likes

I have to agree with the points you made. :+1:

1 Like

Yes because everyone loves their forged gear

2 Likes

Combat skills/weapons revamp would help drop the price of oort. nudge nudge wink wink :smirk:

Edit: Unless they use oort shards to power our oortian combat tekmagic moves!

3 Likes

I agree that hunting has not enough content and anything new related to hunting would, temporarily, increase the amount of people who hunt.

But I think the main problem is that we tend to ā€œfinishā€ combat games until the game adds new content, a new raid tier, a new class, a new titan, a new weapon, new school of magic, a new reward, whatever.

Building, or creating an important network or hub, on the other end is ā€œeternalā€. Thereā€™s always a new project to build, thereā€™s always a new wing to add to your mall.

And if you take a break as a mall owner you still have to fuel your malls portal or the mall disappears. But if you take a break as a hunter, the mall owner still has to fuel the malls portal. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m all for new content for people who like to hunt. But Iā€™m also for new ways to fuel portals. Itā€™s not like I canā€™t travel without the Hubbit network - but for me the game was better when the network still existed.

2 Likes

IMO the coming update will relax oort prices a little bit.

1 Like

As a builder who only hunts for about 20 minutes every month to keep my PS portal open, I fully agree. I get urges to hunt, but the combat hasnā€™t really changed over the past two years. So I go play other games when I want some combat. I canā€™t even get my son to go do meteors for me anymore :sob:

1 Like

I miss hubbit.

2 Likes

The only way I see to stop this completely would require removing the free warp home (even if inactive warps charge the opener) since you could just have alts open the ports and switch back to your mainā€¦ it would be more annoying but still possible

I think a better option would be to give players more / better optionsā€¦ cheaper long distance warps, cheaper long distance portals, move the free warp home to an item that you action/charge in your hand (this one would be really nice for avoiding all the menus involved with returning to sanctum and interacting with the warp conduits) maybe something in between warps and portals that anyone can activate for one-ish oort and stays open for an hourā€¦ etc

7 Likes

Making active warp conduit regen after a set time (the same as world regen, maybe) would fix this, I think. You get a couple of warps for alts to use while you mine or work or whatnot but you wouldnā€™t be able to stockpile free trips forever