Wayfarer Totems avail to all yet?

I think adding a new totem would make sense.

2 Likes

The wayfarer totem was promised as exclusive.

It was not promised to be the most powerful item of its class for all eternity.

Itā€™s basically a titanium-class tool. There are two classes of tool/weapon above that and thereā€™s nothing wrong or dishonest about bringing totems into those classes as well. Whether as a part of a future package, like the golden fist, or as something generally available to all players.

5 Likes

This

10 char

1 Like

As do many of us. @Nightstar has a great point

Iā€™m all for more tools, more mobs, more everything. I just want to see reasons being tossed out that arenā€™t an appeal to get people on the bandwagon through emotion. The more well-reasoned ideas tossed out there, the more the devs have to work with.

4 Likes

I feel anything promised as an exclusive item should remain that way. But I do think the game does suffer from a lack of content and could really benefit from any exclusive content that can be purchased. Maybe that allows the devs enough financial flexibility to increase the this talented dev group and get this game where it needs to go much more quickly.

Iā€™m personally not too interested in the wardrobe content, but I would be very interested in being able to purchase unique weapons, tools, machines, and plot bonus packages.I even like the pre-built buildings or plans that Iā€™ve seen mentioned in other posts. There been loads of fantastic ideas posted on the forums.

5 Likes

I hear youā€¦ there should definitely be a down side to using totems over the proper tool.
-Proper tools could be buffed against their respective blocks.
-Flexibility of totems could still be lower than other tools
-Damage & or durability of totems could still be lower (esp if proper tools are buffed against their blocks)

I agree that and feel like totems shouldnā€™t become the default/OP tool, but at the same time i wish they were more of an option than they are nowā€¦ but maybe that is my own bias since i hate forging totems / feel like it is too much of a waste for anything that could be forged on something else.

4 Likes

I hope not. Thereā€™s already too much purchaseable stuff that is non cosmetic. Any more in this direction as far as monetization would probably make me and others quit in disgust.

The devs arenā€™t hurting for cash; theyā€™re intentionally not advertising etc for their own reasons. And theyā€™re intentionally small. Hopefully this will change some day soon!

Iā€™m fine with cosmetics. Sell cosmetic skins for tools and sling bows all day if you like, no objection there.

For their $95 backers got the totem, a plot bonus, access to world builder and two copies of the game. I paid (I think) $40 for the game, $25 for the deluxe upgrade and $30 for a copy for PC (my ā€œextra copyā€ like backers got). So I have paid $95 but I did not get a backer-level plot bonus, the wayfarer totem or access to world builder. I think it would be more than fair to give this backer tier to anybody who spends $95+ to buy two deluxe copies of the game (excluding gleam club). Perhaps PS4 users could give a PC copy to a friend, since itā€™s not possible AFAIK for them to give out ps4 keys easily. @Leahlemoncakes

I would also note that unlike most games, PS4 boundless gave nothing at all to those who preordered. Only PC backers got bonuses.

Deluxe on PC and PS4 for myself and bought deluxe on PS4 for a friend and gifted deluxe on PC to another friend. :sweat_smile: can I please have totem privileges :sweat_smile:

PS4 players have exclusive masks and I have understood that PS4 players could have been backing game and linking it to same account to have backer perks.

Still I personally think that there shouldnā€™t be any exclusive items to certain group of player.

But the difference being there were no exclusives promised with the purchase and we still bought. We got exactly what we were told we were getting.

Itā€™s important they stand by their promise to what they have offered. They can offer something else but not the same thing. Iā€˜m PS4 and Iā€™ve bought the upgrade, always have gleam and even bought plots occasionally. But I would reconsider some future purchases if they broke that promise to backers.

2 Likes

Anyone have the stats of the candy cane totems compared to the wayfarer and gleambow?

1 Like

Yup Iā€™ve been waiting for that too

4 Likes

So not as good as the gleambow totem.

Dura isnā€™t even as good. Thatā€™s unfortunate. I figured it would have been better since it takes more work to get the candy ones over the gleambow ones

Edit: thanks @majorvex

2 Likes

#freethetotems
(Give us a new totem with the same stars as wayfarer)

I want a builderā€™s totem that can place an 8x8 AOE panel of blocks :grin:
ā€¦and maybe one that shoots lasers

5 Likes

The totems should stay exclusive. Iā€™d be pissed if I was promised something exclusive then it became available everywhere. They have given us other totems to craft, and I agree with the poster who said, nothing is preventing them from making a better totemā€¦ exclusive doesnā€™t equal best.

There are plenty out there and people more than willing to help you craft them. :blush:

Iā€™m a fan of rare items in games. Personally, I wish we had moreā€¦ maybe something for us PS4 players, who can do everything PC players can do except with one hand behind our backs! :fist::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Some kind of ā€œbuilderā€™s wandā€ tool in this game would make me the happiest person on Earth.

@majorvex I actually want to expound upon this.

We have tools that can fly through rock, breaking 9 blocks at a time. I think there are myriad reasons as to why builders should get some kind of AOE building tool/boon to make building large, flat surfaces easier. :smiley: I try not to tag the devs too-too often, but @james pretty please?

2 Likes

I did take a look at yur CCCP, with all the colors of blocks. dunno who did work on that but is very impressive! Is this going to be connected to that? or is a separate project?