We need fresh blood in the game

Nice!! :rofl:

You deserve a :medal_sports: and a :trophy: for thatā€¦ keep up the stellar work, Citizen! :wink:

3 Likes

honor badge for you !!! for doing this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been here since launch. I remember how populated the planets were tho I never once had to wait to go to one so Iā€™d still argue not populated enough :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You could be right. Certainly when it first launched officially on PS4, almost everyone that spawned near my first plots were PS4. At first I didnā€™t realise it was cross-play, until I saw someone without a PSN ID.

Yeah, by redstone mechanic I just meant a way to create moveable parts in builds like minecraft has, I think that draws a lot of people back to minecraft. It doesnt need to be redstone, it could be powered by something else, but the moving and power on/off switches allow for a lot of creativity in minecraft. Something that boundless doesnt have yet.

Usable deco items would be nice, so you could create people centers. Like cantinas or music locations. Or even just an actual homey feel at your location.

And endgame combat would round out the user experience giving a ā€œcompletion feelā€ to combat centered people, with replayability.

I think for this to be a growing mmo, we need more mmo type tasks to draw people in

3 Likes

I think in addition, the devs can take a look at the successful and popular mods that minecraft has from the minecraft community. And see if any are adaptable for boundless or relevant. I enjoy a lot of mods for minecraft, like the tech and magic mods.

Those draw in a lot of people that like complex crafting and builds. I personally enjoy complex crafting, but Iā€™m used to it with minecraft mods.

1 Like

I have a friend who just joined us yesterday! She was a bit overwhelmed walking into my build, as Iā€™m endgame, but she loves the way the game looks and the potential she saw

3 Likes

Is she on the forum? It was a few weeks before I found this place. I really think it should be linked in game because its such a game changer to know where the community is!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve given her some posts like the screenshot thread to work through. Iā€™ll tell her about making an account here when she has more than 20 minutes in! :joy:

2 Likes

Totally agreed, joining in here for me was huge as well, both for info and meeting great folks, formed some real friendships because of this forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Both the forum and discord links are in the games menus. I wonder if thereā€™s anything they can do to make them more easily noticeable.

2 Likes

Oh really? Where abouts? Thatā€™s interesting information!
I was on the Facebook group and the community seemed dead over there until someone told me to come here!

Making it clearer would be a good idea for new players to show that we are a thriving and loud community haha!

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember exactlyā€¦ possibly from the main menu, or in the support section (canā€™t check at the moment as Iā€™m at work)

1 Like

Not on PS4 tho I thinkā€¦ The Discord surely is not, the forum Iā€™m not sure aboutā€¦

Ah, good to know. I just assumed they are the same on both platforms.

Theyā€™re both on the same page on the pPC, so if you only see one of them, then the other is obviously not available on that platform.

Would be nice if Sony added a Discord app to the PS4 (or PS5)ā€¦

3 Likes

There might be now, but when boundless ninja was active and you had the steam players from steam, the PS4 players were never more than 50% of the steam players at the same time. So without any current data it might have changed but in the past there were fewer PS4 players playing than steam players.

This was looking at data over a few months time.

Calling that an advert for boundless is pretty much the equivalent of calling a creepy guy parked up in a beat up looking van mouth breathing heavily while staring out the window an advert for the next scooby doo movie. But OMG how have I need seen that before??? That was brilliant @georgegroeg !!

3 Likes

Minecraftā€™s popularity in young people comes from custom servers that run all kinds of mods from hunger games type survival battle royales, to minigames and other non-grindy instant gratification things where you can jump in just for 10 minutes and have casual fun.

Boundless is a bit different and only interests a small portion of the minecraft masses.

3 Likes

I try to rant on the forums less these days, but this post is objectively spot on. I have objectively lost friends I can mention by name to every single one of these issues. And the last straw for me was when the footfall nerf drove my last core group of friends away. We had trade down to a profitable science, and then POOF footfall ā€œchangesā€ incoming. Felt about as pleasant as a Microsoft Windows update. Stuck around for a little while but I missed my 3rd group of friends I had to find after the first group quitā€¦ and 2nd group quitā€¦

The silver lining though, Boundless in its current state is enjoyable, and itā€™s good to be back! Power coils are cheap, rebuilding has been a breeze. What would be some good ways to get others like me back into playing again? The player base is there, they just donā€™t play any more.

3 Likes