We need to overhaul portals and portal fueling

But do you think that our current crops are worth the same as oort?

I mean in a 90min hunt you get around 250 oort. If a huge farm takes you 90 mins to farm it and gives you the same or more, I’m sure there will be a lot of people farming oort instead of huting.

Edit.

I’m all in for a new way to get oort. But we need to be careful with the balance of things. If we stop hunting we wont have mob drops and we have seen that already happening now.

Well, for their sheer versatility in terms of how I can use them, more. Oort only has ONE use primarily, shred and fraction have multiple uses, I would even say that fraction is probably worth 1:5 against oort. Kindling Shred 1:2.

If players need mob drops, then they will hunt for them, and gain Oort along with it.
Hunts won’t stop.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think there a lot of people who farm inorganic crops.

Hunts will have an extra benefit because you are obtaining animal drops, xp, and oort. It is also a lot of Oort in a manageable amount of time.

Farming would only give you an amount of oort, and you would have to set up the farm correctly and have all of the right materials.

2 Likes

You didnt rly follow i see. what i tried to point out.

hunts will never end, since oort is not the sole purpose in them

1 Like

Maybe this has changed over time?

I think getting oort a second way is okay.

I think there needs to be more to do combat wise so that more people want to do it for more than just oort.

The issue is that people seem to be focused too much on oort to have fun while hunting.

More weapon variations/types, new monsters, bosses, different challenges than just meteors, etc

1 Like

Hunts haven’t ended, but you may be seeing less mob drops because players are trying to alleviate the burn out from always hunting for Oort. (Building, exploring, crafting those drops, doing other activities in game)

1 Like

I mean, no one is asking for a second way to make paints… or a second way to farm crops… or a second way to forge… why demand it for oort?
It’s a branch of the game :woman_shrugging: If you don’t like hunting, buy oort and creature parts, just like if you hate forging, buy your hammers.
If they add in mineable oort, they need to throw in some t6 speed hammer seams too.

2 Likes

I don’t see the harm in asking for more ways to obtain Oort.
It is because you need Oort to keep portals open.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think if combat has a revamp and expansion then oort supply wont be much of an issue. If more people are having fun with it, and it becomes more of a byproduct instead of the sole reason to hunt. People could just get it from killing bosses or finding loot chests in random dungeons on exos. As well as meteors. But I think you need a variation of hunting activities to do so burn out doesnt happen as easily. Etc.

But I do really like the idea of growing it. Sigh so torn.

3 Likes

Well, some are real eager to move beans to farming, so it does get asked for in other areas sometimes… but I agree.

A big combat patch would help, but beyond that what about:

• just increasing oort drops from meteors
  • ditching trash drops on meteors (fossils, gold etc) if that lessens the oort
  • randomly dropping oort from regular non-meteor creatures (not just roadrunners)
3 Likes

Dungeons and bosses would be a fun addition!

Farmable Oort :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

If it grew differently than inorganic plants I think it could make fascinating build additions too. Imagine oort crystals growing up walls all wild like and unpredictable. It would give a more organic look to builds that use it. Just like if we had vines on walls.

2 Likes

Maybe not so many at one time, but like these clusters?

3 Likes

Yeah, that’d be pretty sweet… kinda torn now too.

1 Like

that would require far too much planning and programming, the 2d constraints of farming we currently have are enough, until such a time as it takes to see a newer system put into play.

Yeah something like that. Like little growing clutters than expand out. Or even hanging clusters. It would be neat and provide a new aesthetic.

1 Like

because oort is the most in demand resource and also the only way to properly travel.

1 Like

only because now it is getting stressful to maintain a supply.