šŸ§± What are the top 5 decor props you'd like?

I know most if not all of these are already within replies but
Bedroom/lounge furniture
Bookshelves
pictures
we have shop stands for displaying items (game mechanics) maybe some kind of plinth etc which you display an item on
proper window tiles

Iā€™m a builder, I have a mansion built but have very little motivation to decorate it at the moment with the few props we do currently have. would love to actually furnish it to itā€™s full potential.

1 Like

5 non interactive items

1. Tapestryā€™s (with many prints to choose from)
  2. Deco signs
    same concept but make look more boundless style.
  3. Statues of any character/ entity in the game of various sizes.
  4. Cabinets
  5. Book shelves
11 Likes

Anything as long as it follows the IKEA business modelā€¦ :wink: :wink:

All joking aside.

1. Some sort of basin that has the appearance of water in it. Kinda like a birdbath or the holy water basins in catholic churches.

2. Curtains. These can be closed or open or a variety of both. Non interactable.

3. Trophies. Creature trophies. Participation trophies. Spleef trophies. Just trophies.

4. Stoves. Could be woodburning style or modern styles.

5. Display Cases or Bookshelves.

5 Likes

Ok, I like that a table was added, but letā€™s expand that table andā€¦ make it link with tables added next to it!
Keep putting more tables together to make them bigger or make designs. Chisel those bad boys to make circles. Can make a cool X shape table, or even a donut. Then inside that donut table put a chocolate fount-- I mean ā€œtopiaryā€ inside it.

On that note, topiaries would be nice. Potted plants. Flowers. Pots in general.
Curtains
Wind chimes
Stringed fairy lights
Rugs
Pictures
Banners
Scarecrows
Cute and whimsy figures/stuffed toys
Tea sets (to go with that awesome donut table)
Goodies (to go with the tea set. To go with that awesome donut table)
ā€œBuildableā€ chairs/couches much like the table idea. Interactable, of course
Hanging/climbing vine plants, but flatter than foliage (Maybe a sticker)
Beds
Canopy beds (aka, beds with aforementioned curtains)
Glasses
Bottles
ā€œTinkerā€ goodies (aka, the half finished projects of builders who leave their clutter just laying around)
Chandeliers (Or a way to make the chiseled gleam ones look more chandelier-y)
Window frames/shutter doors
Deco prop stands
Training dummy/target
Stylish standing lamps/table lamps/hanging lamps

Yes, yes, itā€™s more than five, because honestly I would love any of these.

5 Likes
  1. A display stand that shows off any item you place on it. Kind of like a storage block with 1 slot.

2. A wall-mounted display that shows off any item you place on it.

3. Wall-mounted lanterns where the lights come in gem colors like torches do. (Classier gem torch)

4. A gleam light source that has no player collision and looks like a small glowing orb (gleam fairy? gleam wisp?) For ambient lighting. I wanna run thru a field of these.

5. Rugs.

2 Likes

I would definitely like to see the following

1. A lantern that you can see the flame inside. (that is possibly not in the style of a cube. And maybe, possibly make it in a way that you can probably put a few together to look like a chandelier but still being a voxel. Kinda like a composite chandelier that looks like a lantern on its own.)
  2. Sofa seater set with coffee table
  3. Carpets
  4. Climbing and trailing vines for the blocks/walls.
  5. How about some street lamps?
3 Likes

Iā€™m not reading this whole thread because itā€™s long and full of great ideas. So here is mine.

A very thin and flat grate that we can place over coils that can be repaired through. Ideally supports two-tone color based on two block inputs. Or just metal and has one static color.

Intent is to have something to prevent you from walking into electrocution that you can still see through and is ā€œtransparentā€ to the spanner.

Might be hard though.

1. Wall/floor decorations (Banners, rugs, decorative shelving, paintings, etc)
  2. Hanging decorations (off of beams/poles) (Pots, banners, flower pots, meat hooks, chains, baskets, etc)
  3. furniture (chairs, beds, table decorations (vases, cups, plates, bowls, knifes and forks), tables, cupboards, bookshelves, ovens, piles of logs, piles of books, piles of scrolls, etc)
  4. block paints (stars, glyphs, etc)
  5. decorative window pieces

All of these would have different colour variants and material variants. as well as tier variants, similar to the poles/beams, from simple to ornate versions.

3 Likes

My heart, those signsā€¦! Want lol

Window frames
More signage options
More door options
More decorative block designs
Brighter lighting / new lights / street lights

Iā€™d like to revise my earlier post for my top 5 to:

1. Trophies
  2. Trophies
  3. Trophies
  4. Trophies
  5. Trophies

Every breakable or killable thing in games has a super rare chance of dropping a trophy piece, collect all the pieces and craft together to make the trophy.

1 Like

I would like to see the following:

1 - Beds that we can interact with, can make in different colors and materials like doors and we receive some buff from using.

2 - Chairs and tables expanded to include other materials/colors like doors and we can interact with them

3 - Gleam lanterns that use a metal frames versus wood again just expand what we have to include additional models and colors

4 - Books and Bookcases. . let us make books with paper and leather (maybe we can get the paper from something we will farm) and then provide a few options for book cases using various materials/colors to fill with books

5 - Wall decorations such as paintings and banners where we can load a picture or maybe create a glyph and using different materials affect the color, frames, and size.

My number desire 6 which is more than 5 but I think it is very far in the future if at all. A pub set. Let us create pubs or inns where you can only sell brews or foods which if consumed on premise will increase the duration of the buff by maybe twice. I bring this up as I think we need builds to do more and we need more activities for groups of players. The only real activities that requires players to be together are group hunts and hand trading. Selling does not as the sales stand is there even if the shop keeper is not and mining and gathering are really solo activities. Even building tends to be more solo, although I have worked on builds with several players at once. If we want players to be a community then more activities need to exist where being in a group offer something of value. I also want to mention the players building the spleef arenas. That was a lot of fun in EA and did draw players together. We need more of this.

4 Likes

Yes, all of this!! I created a small Bar myself but it just isnā€™t the same. We need real Pubs!

Totally agreed on the interactivity of beds and bookshelves too. Beds could give a well-rested bonus, plus, sometimes I might step away but not return to the Sanctum when Iā€™m in my settlement. Making my character go to bed would be good RPā€™ing. :wink: Books could be used to house more tutorials or mail from other players or even start putting random lore books out there for us to find.

Less ā€œgrindyā€ common itemsā€¦ I personally found weird that you need to farm so much to make a decent looking brick.

1 Like
  1. Bookshelves, Maybe with some actual gameplay function. (dunno what atm though)
  1. Give Storage Blocks and Shelves the same tiers as doors, poles and beams: Wood, Stone, Metal, Gleam / Plain, Stylish, Ornate.

2. Props that you can combine with poles, i really liked that idea:
    Art: Decorative/Hanging/Unique Props and Beams! [BIG POST]

3. I also really like these canopy concepts:

1. Guestbooks:
    šŸ“– Ingame Likes/Hearts for builds (Guestbook) - #26 by Kirinvar

(Probably obsolete now that we have letterboxes which can be used for that, also easily confused with guild books ā€¦
ok, iā€™ll go with Treasure Chests / Gift Stands for user created dungeons for 5. instead. )

9 Likes

Lots of cool pieces we could use! I thought I had read all of the older postsā€¦guess I missed some. Thanks for posting :+1:

2 Likes

Love the idea of a Pub type place where we could go and sit at a table and have a drink. Could meet up with other players to just chat, even do some trading there, just relax and not feel like you have to rush in and then rush out.

Statues of imaginary creatures from Oort lore. We have in our world unicorns, flying horses, dragons, there should be some from the former residents of the planets that we could find statues as we explore that we can pick up and bring back with us. Rare finds on all level of planets that we could break down like we do our machines and then put back up and sell them or have them for display in our homes.

Furniture Beds, I would love to have a bedroom with a bed, large chest at the end to look like it would hold clothes. Lamp to have beside the bed and not be like what we have now, but different. Couch to sit on, coffee table to set a plant on.

Kitchen, old fashioned cooking pot on a bar that could be over a open fire, small open pit to put meat on to spit and cook it. Table and chairs that could be sat on and if not, something different than what we have.
Painting on the walls, trophy shelf for items we collect, road runner feathers we want to keep for looks. Bookcases,

Make it a Home, not just a base.

3 Likes

My top 5 are:

1. Bed
  2. Paintings
  3. Statues
  4. Bookshelves
  5. Awnings
3 Likes

I would love to see furniture! Sections to make sectional sofas, beds, lamps, decorā€¦

The ability to take a screen shot and have its image on a frameā€¦ that way you could hang pics of your favorite builds or moments with friends.

Great post.

2 Likes

Sounds like this idea :wink:

What Iā€™d like:

1. wall mounted shop stands/display
  2. a customizable sign pane(can be used as is too) where you can add different sign trims
  3. a glass slab to be used as a window, you could also place created window trims(or something around it)
  4. I like the basic furniture parts idea, ability to interchange and make combinations of it
  5. I also like the idea of placing lights on poles, tables, etc