What did I say? Seems what I said is true... Boundless not a good game - at least for now

The players count has been declining since the release. (around 160)
–Now even less than the EA players count before release. (around 250)
EA players who have been passionate about Boundless have also left.
Does this mean what Boundless did somthing wrong?

Number of players before release:

The free weekend and a 30% off clearly show that Boundless’s development team and publishers are nervous about the current situation.

Currently
The content of preliminary stage in game is trouble and frustrating, too boring for new players.
The content of endgame is poor and empty, there is no effective incentive mechanism, too boring for the old players.
And there is no effective loss compensation mechanism, too desperate for returning players.

And the game is still too expensive.

The players counts Decrease to this level can already threaten whether this game can continue to develop

2 Likes

If that’s from steam it doesn’t account for ps4 players. You would have to use that one website I don’t remember that accounts for pc and ps4

http://boundless.ninja

1 Like

http://boundless.ninja/

1 second too slow! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I agree with this.

A lot of things could be streamlined to make more sense for new players, like getting rid of campfires, reducing crafting times by 75% for all low level items, reducing enemy damage on T1/2 worlds, etc.

1 Like

:rofl:

10 chars

1 Like

Although there is no statistical PS4 player here.
But the number of console game player groups is smaller than that of PC players.
What’s more, there are a lot of more fun games on the console game.
I don’t think the PS4 platform can contribute much player count.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how many of us there are that play on ps4

9 Likes

Steam players
Total players
so…?

You’re also talking just about 9pm-midnight on a Friday night for people in the states. This is slow time for the states.

In fact I’d expect to see less people on at this time.

3 Likes

Game should be 19.99. I’ve said it before.

Trundamere opens the door to the „false hope“ ward.

Well there is a bit of improvement since the free weekend if you look at the purple line you can see the average has gone up a little bit. Most likely not nearly as much as the devs would have hoped.

On a more serious note however. The devs have ALOT of work to do with the NPE (New Player Experience) and I mildly surprised that they thought that one patch was good enough to open the doors for a free weekend. For something like this i would think it would take at least 5 patchs aimed at fixing the NPE and the UI before it should be considered opening a free weekend, because the 2nd free weekend, if they do another, most likely won’t contain as many players.

I really hope the data collected from it was worth it and can be put to good use…

3 Likes

Yes, I’d prioritize NPE over all else. Forget guilds, beams, gleambows and farming, NPE needs to be king.

Or, do a monthly free weekend and hope people try it again, but only after putting in some work. And hopefully lowering the base price.

Also for the love of god, make free player beacons expire after 7 days please @james

I’m going to hazard a guess that it is possible the game cannot tell the difference.

And in Europe it’s 6am :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the do it on PS4 this time around am sure it will…

Why do people love to forget about the PS4??

Excellent idea! Improve the new player experience by postponing all the new content then the new players have a lovely empty universe to explore! yay!

(because I and others will be gone)

Best thing to do is with EVERY single patch make improvements in NPE as well as still release as scheduled…

7 Likes

Especially when there’s only 4 sandbox games even worth mentioning for the ps4 and two of them are very ehhh

I did not forget. I purposefully ignored it as I thought someone somewhere said that Sony will not allow such thing.