What did you do in Boundless today?

Desert Sword I assume are better than Trumpet for spicy beans IIRC.

I do however like Trumpet Root a bit better since it has a chance to drop all three bean types.

2 Likes

Was forced by my guild members to continue building on my base, placed one block :slight_smile:

Desperate forging.

Searched further for suitable places for clay, peat, silt… on Miau XI

Was looking for a game to replace Boundless, because Boundless has been frustrating me for days with bugs and 100000 forging failures.

4 Likes

I don’t know, the days when they were 5-10c each oortstones were under 100c each. Still took me as long then to gather enough spicy beans to buy oortstones as it does now

Hahaha. I didn’t add you name to the wall of weakness yet. Sooo…… yeah. I guess there’s that. :rofl: YOU CAN DO IT!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Only takes a few people with a lot of coin to change that :slight_smile:

Someone with a lot of coins could easily change the market on anything. They could simply buy all the Oort in the market currently and drop the price to 100c.

Taking this:

Buy all that at 36,918,144 sell it all for 12,306,048 granted that would be a loss of 24,612,096. But technically at that point that person or group would control the market on rough oort and then everyone else would either have to sell it at the same price or someone else could buy it all up at 12mil and resale it at whatever rate.

Kind of why I have been so big on mentioning economy quite often. Everything can affect it, some things more than others.

Anyways, playing the economy can be fun maybe that’s what I’ll do today for a bit.

3 Likes

I pulled it up, it’s actually 64 so my bad (a little).

I put the URL in that capture, there’s a list of all block and node drops there. I’m pretty sure they’re max drop rates so they assume that you have max luck, max “all attributes”, and also the gathering epic active.

The description of the luck skills is basically wrong, in that it implies that they only affect block and creature drops, myself and others have tested this early on and they have a noticeable effect on node drops as well.

Drop rates for blocks change per tier, but drop rates for the harvestable mesh/nodes do not. This is because you can pick them up and move them. So if you got better drops on T6 you could just grab a bunch of swords, and go break them at the higher tier.

If you can find a good spot for the trumpet roots, the drops are better. A lot of people still prefer swords though because they grow so plentifully and in the open that you can often break 3x as many in a similar time frame anyways.

When I was a younger citizen I would gather for 1 - 2 hours every day. I had a sort of route for it.

This is me, now :rofl:

2 Likes

So… if you find or have a great sovereign with island trees I usually do pretty well there. I still feel the drop rate is overall better with desert sword, but having a possible drop of any of the three is nice and probably why it feels less consistent that desert sword.

2 Likes

Finish?! I’m never finished, lol
And then when I am, I change it again. Actually the workshop has moved to a series of smaller buildings and the workshop is now a showroom…cause why not :wink:

4 Likes

After about 30 attempts I was finally able to forge what I think is the ultimate tool to carry off-hand while building!

Its got max attraction range, max glow, clear weather (to see while building), and bouncy feet (to protect from fall damage).<----EDIT—DOES NOT HELP PROTECT FROM FALL DAMAGE

EDIT #2 After using this to build I realized it’s no good. The bouncy feet quirk is annoying when building, for some reason I thought it worked like a trampoline and prevented fall damage but it doesn’t. Also, I forgot that when you place the last block in your hand the animation and sound effect for the quirks play again. This is also annoying. So…mabye one of you will see this and not waste your time forging something like this yourself :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Made the 1000000 full of forging failed attempts in the last 7 days. 2 million coins in material costs gone. Searched the Boundless universe for potential shops where I could get my required T6 and T1 tools in the future. But didn’t find any.

Uninstalled Boundless out of frustration.

2 Likes

I know, right? :laughing:

wipkings

7 Likes

What happens then to your planets?

1 Like

This is when you should look to friend a forger and just work out a deal for them to do the job your looking to do. Some don’t have shops due to the nature of the economy.

1 Like

I addded a wine cellar and a few beer taps to my restaurant.

12 Likes

I’ll definitely have Boundless reinstalled before those expire, maybe.

1 Like

brilliant use of existing machines :sunglasses: :rofl:

a pint of Hot Orange Ale please :beer:

3 Likes

Those paint machines actually look a great deal like the creepy robot arms that mix cocktails in some resorts. I never noticed that before.

4 Likes

If you use the forging guide here on the forums you should be able to make the tools you need.

I think you could also go to a creative planet and practice forging there or the test server if it is still around.

Also the BUTT website has a link to a forging simulator.

3 Likes

Sorry, but that’s exactly the guide I use, but unfortunately you also need luck, which I don’t have, for the last 7 days. I’m not getting the boons I want or the ingredients I want when using Reconstruction Resin 3.

1 Like

I feel you with that one. Forging can be a real pain

1 Like