What did you do in Boundless today?

I finished my bowling alley. Now, there is so much wrong with this, lol. Since we can only put props 1 per voxel square, I commented to @mallow that it make the lanes super big and she suggested “Titan Bowling” which would justify the big lanes as we assume our Titan overlords are big, right :wink: However, the chairs and ammenities are all small, lol. So, it’s a mess, but it’s my mess!
Also the exterior is meh. I had originally planned this super cool roof but it turns out you can’t make voxels bend in all the directions at once :wink: So. I just slapped some things up there. I may change it later.

18 Likes

this is awesome :smiley:

I forgot that this was a thing
so scrap that idea for a channel to cradle the pillars, those two angles are not the same :rofl:

while messing around trying to find a solution, I remembered there are a lot of angles that cannot be made smoothly and that includes connecting the black pillars to the outer shell…

But, I rediscovered my love of the parallax shift (the way walls/objects move in relation to your perspective/motion) when building in layers, and now have tested out a solution that will incorporate this shifting and solves how to build the channels and how to connect the outer shell to the pillars without having any jagged edges

it might even look cool
yay

Sadly, these 5 hours got flushed (apparently i did not get a finished picture, but the silver edges here went all the way up):

Just couldn’t attach things the way I wanted (smooth)
so no bueno

7 Likes

Island tree portal locations are all remodeled… simple but still better than before.

(one of these days I’ll even make them good enough to get footfall… maybe lol)

^c^

10 Likes

So i spent some time changing and adding blocks :grin:
Time for a nap…

[edit 1]
Also buying a few oort shards if anyone is interested :wink: have to refuel my temp portals in a week and should be enough for now to fuel them both for the next 5 weeks…

[edit 2]
Location TNT lamblis portal ground zero

22 Likes

What am I seeing there?! :flushed: those loops looking incredible!

4 Likes

I’ve added a couple of new layers and have decided on my color and design scheme for the outside of the ship. I am freehanding the ship’s design, so I’ve started at the center of the circle on each side and am updating each side as I add new layers. I have a ton of iron currently saved up, but I’m seeing a lot of farming in my future.

16 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a clock tower going up.

I love to see good circles in Boundless because for some reason it frustrates me trying to make them. I want a dome right now but I haven’t been playing that much and even though I know it just takes some patience/practice for some reason it always seems daunting to me.

EDIT:

Here we go wish me luck on Raxxa orbit!!

10 Likes

Decided to skip ahead a little- once I have the sides finished I will go back and work on the insidey detail parts that consume so much time (especially considering how much bulk still needs to be placed). I am pretty sure the idea I had earlier is going to work out pretty nice though, now that I have some of the outer shell connected…

10 Likes

I feel like I’ve done a ton of building this weekend… I even added a few more Shorbea II resource portals. :heartpulse:

Maybe next week I’ll go harvesting all those beans and orbs :smiley:

.^c^

12 Likes

@May-L04 yes like @Nightstar said it’s the clock and the top plateau with roof. Still have to build 2 arches on the other two sides and 3 “funnel” corners of the plateau. :wink:

@Nightstar yes practice makes perfect for circles and dome’s. I use this site to help me out https://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator
Have been using for more then 6-7 years now (also in Minecraft).

Underneath the clock come the future hub and need to build a dome in the underside of the clock for it :wink:
That’s going to be frustrating :joy:.

Well time to get ready and play some more boundless :wink:

2 Likes

thanks for remind of this generator, i totally forgot, used it in minecraft and forgot, also this one

https://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz-model.php?model=Sphere
and shape
http://oranj.io/blog/VoxelSphereGenerator

and this one i found just now
https://cquinn.dev/tools/pixelgeometry

7 Likes

Did 3-4 hour’s of boundless and then i didn’t feel well so did basically nothing :wink:. Going back to bed in a bit walking around with massive headache… hopefully i can sleep that away in the next 5 hours (have to start early [gonna be a 12 hour work day ]).

5 Likes

New planet today. I only had time at lunch to explore about half of it. It’s got a massive gleam lake which is cool. It also got a “full henge” right on the edge of two biomes.

Overall though, “meh” on this one it’s likely to have it’s 30 days and be done, in large part because it doesn’t orbit my home world. I’m not actually sure what planet it orbits (the UI doesn’t tell you anywhere?) but it’s a 180c warp so it will require extra conduits/oort.

Still, it will definitely serve it’s purpose for a month, as a sorting hub and farming planet for me. I might get into gleam farming again for a minute as I’ve mostly been working soil and trunk farms for the last two months.

Later tonight I’ll be home again and I’ll finish the atlas. At that time I’ll set colors so if anyone has any color requests for lush T1 resources feel free to drop me a PM in the next 3 - 4 hours. Maybe something exciting will turn up. I requested Deep Sea so if I was to find, say, a giant deposit of growth here that might turn my thoughts around :thinking:

11 Likes

Worked on my project at Isle of Aquarius

Is it done? NO! It is still a wip - Love :heart: and Details still need to be added :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Because my client won’t let me into the game again, I’m not doing anything in Boundless today.

1 Like

You know you can contact support right ? @Balkinus

1 Like

Right, but I think they have other problems, and there are other games too. @SWProzee1

1 Like

Ok, just wanted to make sure that there are options to make Boundless work for you again.

As long as you have fun it does not really matter what game you play. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

~18 stacks of cool grey concrete, 3 levels worth of (teaching pie) experience, and about 8 hours total later:

The bottom half of the base layer is mostly laid out now

15 Likes