What did you do in Boundless today?

I do feel it harms the game when prices are raised to the extreme. I know for a fact that a long time player and shop owner that has left because of the price of Oort. The individual was not a hunter due to sensory issues but was a crafter. The person was making enough coin to buy Oort to fuel the couple doors they had. But once the cost skyrocketed they could no longer afford to fuel their doors. They let their planet go and left the game. Super sad as the person was always helpful to others.

7 Likes

Yes, they are causing harm, because they give sellers no reason to drop their prices. But lets face it, they are only causing harm to players like me who can’t hunt themselves - and I suspect I was always in the minority, but with so few players left, I may well be a minority of one. I am resigned to spending most of my time harvesting and selling beans to finance the portal hub’s oort habit.

6 Likes

Idk which basket is yours. I’m prepared to meet up and hand trade several SS.

2 Likes

There was the spark glitch that dozens took advantage of. The Devs let people keep that coin.

But how do you cheat coin?

1 Like

Today I considered making a lengthy post for @Tiggs and @monty1 asking them to open source the game so the community can move it forward. There’s little more frustrating with any game like Boundless that has so much potential and is essentially an Early Access game, than when it changes leadership and the new leadership does basically nothing with it, simply keeping the lights on.

Let me be clear about something: unless Monumental actually pumps some new features into the game, and reworks some others like the NPE, Boundless will not grow at all. It will, for as long as they like, be a game of somewhere between 50-200 total players and a negligible trickle of money. Aside from keeping the lights on, they will have essentially killed off all hope for a game with such massive potential.

5 Likes

You don’t think that has been done by others? Prior to becoming a moderator, I have emailed Monty directly stating something similar. I have also offered to help in any way possible without any compensation. I have DM’d him on Discord regarding the same.

If you like the game and/or the community I’d suggest just playing the game.

7 Likes

I’ve restocked some of my bat stands and am working on the rest.

10 Likes

I removed 54,000 water from my underwater build and put it up for sale in my shop.

3 Likes

missed one…

2 Likes

Decided to come back and play after a very long hiatus. It was sad seeing everything gone, but thankfully I had enough screenshots of my old hub to recreate it and make the forest start feeling a little more like home. It’ll take some time to put my farms and things back together, but I’m looking forward to building some cute houses and listening to the rain. :tulip:

17 Likes

Hi! It’s been more than a year since I’ve stopped playing boundless. It really can be demotivating if the game feels abandoned.

Anyway, I’ve scratched some itch for the past few days and came back to my settlement. Continuing from my previous progress (the comment I replied to), it takes a bit of effort to get moving on again when there’s a lot left to do.

I’ve started slowly by improving the existing builds such as the castle gate and walls.

Before: (Can’t find a more recent one but this is close enough)

After:

Before: (Quite an old screenshot again but the wall is still the same here)

After:

I’ve tried adding a bit of randomness to the block and chisel transform made this super easy and quite addicting. Here’s one I did on the floor (although not quite sure how it went here)

And now… on to the big one. I don’t quite know where to start with this hill/mountain but I’m sure I want to make it some sort of a palace. With a few things on my head, I had to set the layout with placeholder blocks so that I can imagine how it will pan out.

I’ll just show the progress screenshots:
The blank slate :rofl:

The progress:

I’m liking it so far and the placeholder blocks seems to have grown on me as well. Still a long way to go as I might go as high as the top of the mountain. The whole progress is for the exterior only and the interior part is yet another beast to tackle. I might settle on more permanent blocks moving forward, now that the base layout is there, so there’s less thing to remake later on.

19 Likes

so good to see you back guys :sunglasses:

where are your humble abodes now?

4 Likes

Kada I: 1740N 2052E (Alt: 67)

Not really much to see besides the portal hub and a nice green lawn–but it’ll get there. :slight_smile:

(Might have to go sightseeing at Lawrey’s…that’s some amazing work!)

7 Likes

You could reach it via Angel I portal from Dragon Hub or Kakarot Hub. I have a portal there named “Future Voyage”.

Then go to this portal to go directly to Leonixandria :slight_smile:

(Old pics so it still says TNT in signs but everything else is the same now)

9 Likes

was your original settlement called Artaxia (or something like that) and linked to the old DK Mall?

1 Like

Yes! It was called Ataraxia, and existed from 2018 to 2022. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to come buy flowers from you every now and then to feed my Boundless garden habit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your past support! Always happy to help a fellow gardener prettify the landscape. :tulip: I’m planning on building another flower shop this time around, too, as well as a new seed shop/grocery store. I’m not sure where the big shopping areas are, anymore, but I’ll try to link up to one, again, when things are up and running. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tend to use Dragon hubs, they have a hub on Kada 1. This is my first garden, and some of your flowers ended up in here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks lovely! You chose some great colors. :smiling_face:

Thank you very much for the tip on Dragon Hub. I messaged the owner of the hub on Kada I (Wondernut was their name, I believe) since they were out of small portals, so hopefully I’ll have a portal up, soon!

3 Likes