What if there was a city where you could get a pre-made house?

That is a very beautiful build that you have their buddy. I wish you well with your project! My suggestion would be to retain control of the beacons especially if you’re gleam Club that way then people randomly quitting and having areas of your place regenerate would not be an issue. People have a frightening habit of just either taking a break or forgetting to fuel up a beacon and the next thing you know poof

2 Likes

Damn, I had no idea the Raxxian Sanctuary had been featured twice on Twitter and Facebook by the devs, apparently. :o
I’ve just been informed by the good people of Sasquatchville on Discord. Nice! :3

Anyway, a first house is almost done in my lil’ town project, so I’ll be able to have a preview soon™.

2 Likes

I love this idea and if you do do it ikl be keeping an eye out.

1 Like

Raxxian Town - Housing Preview :

The first house is almost finished. Some improvements are required, but here’s how it currently looks.

There will be something similar to districts, each with a light gleam color. The first one is Cold Berry.
This first house horizontally occupies 6 plots, and 3 plots vertically.
This one has a frontyard and a backyard. The frontyard comes with 5 shop stands and 5 baskets.

Inside, there are some storage blocks, 2 sets of workbenches and 1 set of refinery, with 5 crafting tables and 3 titanium furnaces.
Basically, the ground floor is made for basic crafting.

In the basement, we have 8 spark generators hidden under the floor, with spark links connected to the machines from the ground floor. The beacon sits there, setup in a way so that when you warp to it, you’ll end-up on the frontyard above. There’s quite a number of storage, and I will look into improving that, later.
There’s space to put some power coils, but not enough to get 7200 power.
For that, there will be a factory build where everybody will have Worker permissions, and every machines will be added with full power.
The plan is to have sewer lines below the main roads of the town, and each basement will have a door to get in.

That’s the main reason why I don’t feel like saying “yay, this house is finished!”.
'nuff said

From the roof, you’ll have a nice view of the Raxxian Sanctuary.
There will also be bridges to go from one house to the next.
Having many connection between rooms and structures is a staple of the Sanctuary.
Plus, roof parties!

Anyway, I hope you like that. There’s already a second house in the works.
I’ve had several people telling me on Discord that they’d like to get a house like that, so that’s nice motivation.
Let’s hope the furniture comes quickly!

12 Likes

This place is freakin amazing lookin.
Just sayin.
:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Awesome job @Goblinounours!

2 Likes

if you use gleamclub i sugest you come see how sunken town mall works
offers full control over everything and individual managing for houses and rooms def would work nice on this project if you can own it all and put on GC i think you can even expand and make our system better for machine rooms etc once you get a general maintenance guild going to manage the special locks that way you have loads off customizing options with permission on public beacons hmm might be over explaining just come see and ask me anything
ow yeah looks freaking amazing def would love to see this run propper without much headaches and time waisting thats also what we strife for at sunken town

ca,t ya just chisel furniture atm?

I personally dislike trying to make furniture out of blocks.
Like, say you make a flag out of gleam, you see a flag with the colors and all. I see a surface of glowy rocks. I can’t appreciate it.
I’d rather wait for actual properly designed props made by the devs.
I’d say, in my case, it’s professional, because I’m a 3D modeler and 3D renderer. Like, I know I could do awesome furniture models myself on 3DsMax, so making primitive versions with voxel blocks kinda hurts.

4 Likes

do minimalist furniture the swedish one block coffee table is in fashion this year :smile: i wish they let you do what you like to do and make furniture for game
then they can just use your models worry bout other stuff

They could put a Steam-Workshop integration feature, and some kind of toolkit with the right plugins to create objects.
If it’s 3DsMax compatible, I’d use it, gladly.
Wink wink @jesshyland nudge nudge.

5 Likes

As long as it’s furniture why not? It’s not like furniture would make you faster or stronger or necessarily add prestige. I know we have some very creative players might get some amazing stuff out of this.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe use the steam workshop to get suggestions and we vote what gets added with credit to the artist.

Edit: That way ps4 players arent left out

I was actually planning a similar future project somewhere (not sure where yet coz its still all in my head). I wanted to recapture a small village or small town feel like what I started in Ynys Affallon in Alpha/Beta. Couple of the people I started the project with back then said they missed that feel there. But, I was a little dis illusioned with the current dire lack of interactable furniture and decorations after seeing what Portal Knights has. So I decided to pull down my present builds and retire into a storage cube waiting for QOL improvements and more decorations and furniture to come into game first.

I was actually toying with the idea of making houses in a unified style but different designs, with a strict set of colors and materials, and then advertising after that for people to come “buy” up a completed house with a mutually agreed rule (unenforceable since I can’t control another player’s action) that they need to maintain the fascade to upkeep the reason they wanted to come here for in the first place. Everything that can’t be seen from the outside is up to them to remodel as they see fit. Obviously, they can redo any gardens if there was any.

1 Like

The biggest concern I’d have regarding vertical housing areas, is the Mesh limit.

Depends on how ‘vertical’ we’re talking about. If you managed to put 512 objects in a chunk, damn, that’s no accident, then.
You’d have to build a scyscraper or something…
My main build goes all the way deep in our island and we’re barely half-way to the mesh-limit. I find it quite generous, TBH.

1 Like

Wait - the game is supposed to have another wipe? As in removal of all builds? That would be upsetting… [quote=“NerArth, post:3, topic:33902”]
ultimately
[/quote]

No no no, not at all, it was just a joke because of the 400-posts-long thread about a wipe.
Bad @Xaviien ! Bad joke!

4 Likes

Not sure what quoting one word of my unrelated reply has to do with anything… :thinking:

And I believe @Xaviien was making a joke, but I could be wrong.

One of my first posts - sorry. I didn’t mean to quote anything. Just freaked out at the idea of a wipe!

1 Like

Progress in being done on the sewers :

These tunnels will connect to a public stone/copper/iron mine.

And they’re connected to the basement of the first house.

I’m working towards connecting them to the second house (which still needs some work).

Once the devs resolve the issues with the Buffer Zones, I’ll build about 2 new houses.

If we haven’t finished the second house yet, it’s mostly because we’ve shifted our time on making an aquaduct connecting the Sanctuary to the Town. We’re getting there! :smiley:
Love how we can see the marble monolith in the background behind the tree leaves. :3

5 Likes