What if there was a city where you could get a pre-made house?

I like the idea, I could rent an apartment depending on its price …

The current plan is to make these houses free.

4 Likes

Here’s the current progress on the houses :

We’re at 4 houses mostly done, and 2 others on their way.
Some still have to be connected to the sewers, some don’t have all their features yet.

We’re getting there, slowly!

As a reminder, the current plan for each house is to be given for free to some nice players, and they are all planned to feature :

• 2 sets of Workbenches (1 set will feature 1500 power)
  • 1 set of Refinery
  • 5 crafting tables
  • 5 shop stands
  • 5 baskets
  • 3 titanium furnaces
  • 8 spark generators
  • At least 24 storage shelves
  • Basement with sewer access
  • Ground floor with crafting equipment
  • First floor for future furniture update
  • Roof possibly for un-optimized farming?

What features do you think we should add? Keep in mind we currently add these features to every houses at our own expense, so maybe don’t ask for all machines. ^^

4 Likes

Im on Raxxa Currently so will certainly check it out it be cool to be part of a city

1 Like

This about made me quit boundless again if true lmfao I just came back and if my build I just finished got wiped I’d be out lmfao

1 Like

Haha i wouldnt be best pleased either, but James confirmed recently that they have no plans to wipe :slight_smile:

I think it’s a good idea. But most people want to build there own place. Even if it doesn’t look good.
I want my city to look like everything belongs but I’ve got a few that definitely don’t. Lol.
I’ve actually got 3 cabins I’ve let people use in the past as well.

1 Like

I think this could work, you could own the beacons and give them permissions except for building so the exterior stays the same. They could still get their foot fall and mess around with the interior without changing the structure.

I’m sure you will find people okay with this, even more if the game grows

1 Like

I also think this would be perfect for newbies. You could be like a newb welcoming community where people can get started and meet friends. Then branch out when they get the game better.

Setup shop on starting planets. Have a first floor or central location with some small one plot shop spaces they can use to sell basics or what they gather.

Then have a 1x2 portal connection to one and only one main hub to simplify the portal experience at first. So newbs dont get confused.

Edit: This would also let experienced players support newbs by buying at their shops and basics they need.

You would be displaying what’s possible in the game while helping them get on their feet. I think this would be great to the new community.

Lol you could also set up single plot ads in the wild to tell newbs to locate you and your location if they want help

1 Like

we just finished 8 condos in sunkentown targetted to new players they fully fitted with basic factory and start items gonna use a free renting system if ya interested let me know and i explain in detail system could be handy for your city idea

for me a perfect city would be that each house fits the city and is a mask for a portal to the owners big base would only work if warp distance did not exist though if it would not mather (distance) i would make it like that

ow and your city looks crazy good

also another idea for ya is having a sample zone where you build parts off houses in your style that people can stack to make one custom but still fit city

kinda like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebQU7GipJcA
having blueprints would so make it possible yay
but i think you can pull it off wright now
def look into modular piece for future you never know when blueprints hit live

1 Like

Sadly only the beacon owner can collect the of.

Indeed, footfall would be an issue
It would help with this sort of ‘renting idea’ if the collect of Footfall could be a permission the owner of the beacon could give to others!

Otherwise, it would make more sense to offer houses to well-established players who just wanna have a landing on Raxxa. < shrug >

Currently, the project is half in stand-by anyway, as I still have to get in touch with some likely inactive players who might not come back in a few months.

Doesn’t mean that I’m sitting on my hands, though.
I just made some nice progress on the Raxxian Factory which would be a building available to all members of the town.

there are some minecraft plugins for thier sponge/spigot community server that have a lot of features that boundless needs to just add.

Griefprotection/Towny/towns/Literally every plot manager plug that exists on sponge or spigot has the ability to sub divide plots which is something i really want in boundless

I would like a Mini beacon i can place in a main plot and sub divide it, give it its own name, sets of rules, etc, but its still part of the main plot and doesnt require fuel…

I would like to be able to rent out sub plots out of a main plot for specific periods of time, so i can make things like hotels and such, along with permissions like the person renting the plot has access to machines and inventory but cant change blocks, or maybe i let them do whatever they want in the plot… same permissions that exist on the main plot today only on this suggested mini beacon.

I would like to be able to sell the whole plot, so long as they meet the bedrock to sky rule for ownership transfer purposes with no overlapping beacons

With all of that above, it would create a whole new class of play style where people could build buildings or apartments for sale, then people could make a living buying and selling plots.

1 Like

I’m happy to say that we are back on track to build our town!

Not too long ago, our progress was somewhat halted by the presence of Razzath’s house, who hasn’t shown sign of activity for many months (as seen below) :

And recently, that house went wild, and we discovered it half-way regened. We salvaged what we could and we’re keeping it in cold storage in case Razzath comes back.
In the meantime, we are building what we call the Razzathian Manor at that spot :

If Razzath comes back, we’ll propose him to take the beacon if he feels he can manage.
And we’re not joking around, unlike the original house, the manor will have all the good stuff we can afford :

We’ll look into integrating some concepts of the original house in the manor, though. It’s still a work in progress. :slight_smile:

Note, we’re also waiting for the devs to eventually release the Totem-trophies to make a fun custom Chess Game with our own take on the rules.

Next, we plan to keep making more houses and we’ll build a big market-place to sell YOUR stuff, with little shops in individual beacons, while the current Raxxian Emporium in the Sanctuary will be replaced by an extended workshop (still waiting to see what the next update holds before making plans, we don’t want to rush and regret soon after).
To complete this, the portal hub at the main Raxxian Sanctuary will be moved there to make things easier for visitors.

9 Likes

Looks like something that would totally benefit from a towny like system https://github.com/TownyAdvanced/Towny/wiki/How-Towny-Works

and houses https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/houses

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

2 Likes

Here’s a little message to point out that the Raxxian Sanctuary has recently leveled-up to from the Town rank to the City rank. :smiley:

10 Likes

We’re now starting to work on the Marketplace :

Of course, this is just the beginning, we’ll add small trees, flowers, and the Market will be thrice as big as it is on the above picture.

The end goal would be that people could each get at least one space (I made placeholder wooden beams to indicate them) to make their little store (with possibility to own several adjacent stores to make a bigger store).

The beacons would be give to the merchants for free, with the requisite to work with me to try and make their store fit the general look of the city.

5 Likes

Never ever never

K bye

2 Likes

< wakes up to a forum notification >
“Ah, cool! Let’s see”
< reads it >

Awh.
Well, nice way to start the day.
Thanks, random nobody! Bye.

But seriously

Troll answers on this threads aren’t appreciated.
I get that a lot of people might not like the idea, but the least you could do would be to not be a douche about it. If there is a reason why you’d say “no”, express it. At the very least, it’ll let me know what’s wrong with the concept so I can maybe make changes.

All this ‘message’ tells me is “Ok, Wul is a troll, never gonna interact with that guy again.”

9 Likes