What is going on?

You made me double check.

The discussion is fully on topic, heh.

2 Likes

Our replies were snipped from a different thread and merged in to this one I think. He was right, the conversation we were attached to wasn’t about this issue, but about a guild issue/bug. Things get confusing with the snips and merges. I had to check myself when I was reading responses again as I didn’t remember commenting on this thread.

6 Likes

I think some posts got moved from another thread to here… might be wrong though.

4 Likes

Clearly forum shenanigans :rofl:

3 Likes

It might be less confusing if the merges were done in a way that allowed us to see where something came from and left.

It is supposed to look like this

Which allows you to click on the link and take you to which topic the posts had been moved to.

And the other way around, as it will put a link on the bottom of the post that had been moved.

but the way Vex seems to do it, makes it look like this for some reason. and dosen’t put a return link

Which is why I think it is a little confusing, or at least that makes it a bit confusing for me.

Yes, I moved some comments from a thread in the support category that pertained to something completely different – an account/guild issue: Randomly (Leave) Guild, but I don't select to leave

The comments fit perfectly in this thread. Didn’t leave the link crumb there since the topics weren’t related. I hope this helps with some of the confusion.

6 Likes

Is That like a :cookie: Crumb D: what’s going on Vex-chan it supposed to a Full :cookie: (Q.Q)

1 Like

Don’t think leah’s twitter feed is “speculation” lol

3 Likes

Maybe my phrasing was confusing.
Not speculation:

• Larian’s official announcement
  • People changing their publicly listed employer

Was there something I missed on her twitter that’s more than this list?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be pretty fair to say that a person who has been heavily involved in BL and the one that is the most active leaving BL to work for Larian have a pretty notable impact on the game.

I certainly don’t think it would be a killer blow, but If this is the case for a number of other staff too its certainly going to slow things down here.

The post is pretty clear that there’s a full blown career move, rather than a company structure change, as any mention of boundless or Wonderstruck is gone. E.g. community manager.

2 Likes

worry and drama

two enemies of happiness

don’t waste time on things you can’t affect

you wanna be happy? continue playing Boundless - you have a part to play in the universe we all share; until it’s there fill that universe with your presence and creativity

cause this is what you can affect, that’s where you can make the difference

do only this

15 Likes

I had already stopped playing due to broken console.

Not being able to pick up and use my pc was the killer (understand why this from a game point) although, i would have been more inclined to push through levelling again if there was anything I hadn’t already done to death and knowing it would be around for a while

2 Likes

I see where I failed to communicate clearly. I did not mean to imply that those people are still working on Boundless. Especially Leah, since she is an animation producer now. I meant to include both the company change and position changes in “People changing their publicly listed employer”, but I see that didn’t happen.

2 Likes

tenor (3)

8 Likes

there are no clear indications Boundless will be folded as a project any soon

should other people stop interacting with us, stop caring about us, and stop investing emotionally with us because there is no way to guarantee our presence the next day? (RIP Aenea)
value of things is not in their longevity and value of our efforts is not in their final results

if playing Boundless has value in itself than play it no matter what, overcome technical obstacles etc.
if you don’t see that value, then it doesn’t matter whether this game continues to be developed or not. cause you don’t really want to play it anyways

7 Likes

Perhaps a friendly Boundlesser out there will let you sign in on their console, then you can assign rights to the property to a new steam character?

I’ve heard the game will run on what I believe youngsters are calling “a potato” … but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: Computer Hardware & Peripherals

ghandy seems to be put off already
but I agree and my intention was just that - trying to point out that Boundless is worth playing and current difficulties and uncertainties don’t mean anything if you think about what Boundless offers as a game and experience (I mean people mostly); anything can be overcome when there is will and at the same time that will can be found when self-made worries and upset are put aside as not needed

I was saying all I said with full compassion for someone else’s circumstances (both outer and inner).

3 Likes

you know i used to play Loong Online Dragonblood the developers and administration let the game die but also the community is to blame for negative feedback.
overall they decided to keep the game online without any updates support or administration.
i played that game even knowing it was being neglected. besides that it was me who enjoyed the game and i did not stop playing it lasted 4 years without support until it was just gone.
but i enjoyed it! and so is boundless don’t forget people there’s always a better game on its way better than boundless? yes better than boundless and after that in 10 years time another game will take its place.
there’s not a game that wouldn’t ‘‘wear out’’ at some point or that you get bored of it.
just enjoy the things in game that you like doing and if you are bored of it move on but let others enjoy the game the way they like. and don’t complain about update this and update that, we have no clue what’s going on behind screens than just so called ‘‘rumors’’ is this because when you get bored you start to look for game flaws? or start to compare with other games? until you get a update again? how long does it last before you get bored again?
it doesn’t hurt to move on and come back later. the only problem i find is lack of communication from the development team, other than that everyone should just play and enjoy the things in game you like doing, give suggestions and feedback and if you are bored please leave but stop the crying and rumors

6 Likes

I hear you on the ‘new game’ thing … and I’m about to digress heavilly … but … I mean, I don’t understand why people play fortnite and overwatch when the perfectly functional (and brilliant) Unreal Tournament still exists and runs rings around both.

People literally follow fashions with so much in life that it does make me question the sheep nature of things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes