What is going on?

The devs twitter feeds and a larian announcement, found by others on the forums

1 Like

There was a single announcement two weeks ago, but a handful of people in the community are bringing it up over and over.

2 Likes

The original tweet / forum announcement was back at the beginning of October I think. Was there another announcement recently?

The updates and communications from the team have gotten incredibly sporadic over the last 2 years. The first year of release this forum was full of life and energy and excitement. Really hope they’re able to get this new update out soon and let the mod community do their thing. Hopefully it will bring that kind of energy back to the game.

1 Like

Yeah. This is all quite off-topic for this thread, but the best discussion I saw on it was here: What is going on?

Most notably, these two:

Anything beyond that and the list of devs that have publicly changed their employment info from Wonderstruck to Larian is speculation.

We should probably move this conversation over to an appropriate thread, since this is supposed to be a discussion about a bug, not the status of Wonderstruck.

4 Likes

@Stretchious or @majorvex can perhaps move some of this around.

2 Likes

Have to agree.it was bought up as just questions to see what is happening. Devs responded with their answers and now time to move forward and just play. The game is still awesome. It’s still getting updated…no need for constant nagging…I understand asking questions. But just plain nagging don’t help.peace…:grinning:

8 Likes

Yea unfortunately many like myself arent playing any more so after checking the forum for the first time in 2 months and trying to find whats going on, see the same things being talked about when we quit playing… less reason to continue checking in lest there is an email about coming back for the latest update…

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with leaving a game until there is an update you are interested in. The next update, coming probably this month, will have swords, shields, single player/private server, and much more flexibility in skill sheets(no point cap per sheet and sheets don’t share point pool). If that isn’t interesting, then hold off until the next update. We have no idea what will be next after that, though.

I’m not sure the best way to watch for an update, though. I can’t remember if they do marketing mails for updates.

I’m on an extended break from Guild Wars 2 right now. Haven’t been interested in the last 3 updates, but those guys definitely send out marketing mail on each update, so I know what they are releasing.

4 Likes

You made me double check.

The discussion is fully on topic, heh.

2 Likes

Our replies were snipped from a different thread and merged in to this one I think. He was right, the conversation we were attached to wasn’t about this issue, but about a guild issue/bug. Things get confusing with the snips and merges. I had to check myself when I was reading responses again as I didn’t remember commenting on this thread.

6 Likes

I think some posts got moved from another thread to here… might be wrong though.

4 Likes

Clearly forum shenanigans :rofl:

3 Likes

It might be less confusing if the merges were done in a way that allowed us to see where something came from and left.

It is supposed to look like this

Which allows you to click on the link and take you to which topic the posts had been moved to.

And the other way around, as it will put a link on the bottom of the post that had been moved.

but the way Vex seems to do it, makes it look like this for some reason. and dosen’t put a return link

Which is why I think it is a little confusing, or at least that makes it a bit confusing for me.

Yes, I moved some comments from a thread in the support category that pertained to something completely different – an account/guild issue: Randomly (Leave) Guild, but I don't select to leave

The comments fit perfectly in this thread. Didn’t leave the link crumb there since the topics weren’t related. I hope this helps with some of the confusion.

6 Likes

Is That like a :cookie: Crumb D: what’s going on Vex-chan it supposed to a Full :cookie: (Q.Q)

1 Like

Don’t think leah’s twitter feed is “speculation” lol

3 Likes

Maybe my phrasing was confusing.
Not speculation:

• Larian’s official announcement
  • People changing their publicly listed employer

Was there something I missed on her twitter that’s more than this list?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be pretty fair to say that a person who has been heavily involved in BL and the one that is the most active leaving BL to work for Larian have a pretty notable impact on the game.

I certainly don’t think it would be a killer blow, but If this is the case for a number of other staff too its certainly going to slow things down here.

The post is pretty clear that there’s a full blown career move, rather than a company structure change, as any mention of boundless or Wonderstruck is gone. E.g. community manager.

2 Likes

worry and drama

two enemies of happiness

don’t waste time on things you can’t affect

you wanna be happy? continue playing Boundless - you have a part to play in the universe we all share; until it’s there fill that universe with your presence and creativity

cause this is what you can affect, that’s where you can make the difference

do only this

15 Likes

I had already stopped playing due to broken console.

Not being able to pick up and use my pc was the killer (understand why this from a game point) although, i would have been more inclined to push through levelling again if there was anything I hadn’t already done to death and knowing it would be around for a while

2 Likes