What is your best future?

I’m in love with the idea of overforging based on your skill points (playtime), brilliant. That way people would have another reason to participate and stay longer in boundless universe. Devs if you are seeing this, you need to seriously consider rewarding people for spending longer amount of time in your game. Warframe does this in a way that they remember every day you logged in and give you a UNIQUE, predetermined reward after each milestone (100th day, 1000th day). They also basically add more rewards everytime there is a player reaching a new threshold. Here we could a permanent bonus to forge skill, unique boons, unique body paint, the ideas are endless.

3 Likes
  1. Top of the list for me has to be having more building content. More types of blocks, and furniture. Can really never have too much of this! Like on the furniture, house just isn’t a home without a bed, IMO. I can create them, and I have in one house, but would love one I could lay down in when I go afk. :wink:

2. Sort of related to above, but more cosmetic items. Outfits and such. Once again, something I don’t think you can have too much of.

3. Blueprints to copy and paste builds, agree here. That was one of the best things about the game Lego Worlds to me - free building was tough, but being able to copy and paste stuff wherever was pretty awesome.

4. Rewarding exploration more, agree here too. For me, exploring the worlds is it’s own reward but would be nice to have bonuses, and things to get others to do the same. Like collectibles, random treasure caches, and such. On the exos, one thought I had - what if they spawned random dungeons underground? Ripping a page from Minecraft I know but that would really encourage exploring areas that aren’t big hotspots - have chests of rare mats, interesting ruins.

5. Build more onto the lore. Vex in another thread had suggested permanent planets that we can’t build on. To me, that could open up a HUGE way to build onto the lore, if these were Ruins/Sanctuary planets that focused on the lore side of things, where you could research and collect but not build, and there would be a lot more to discover in the way of artifacts and remnants of the past.

6. These are things that aren’t as big to me, but because I want what is best for the game and I see people demanding them, I want them for their happiness with it: the rental planets and titans and all.

7. I’d like to see some QOL improvements on the merchant system - the big one for me would be some sort of master control where you could set prices for all items on all plinths at once and have them saved, and also allow discounts for different groups, like your friends and guildmates and all.

8. Photo mode. This will also help us help the game. The virtual photography/gametography community just keeps growing. I’m pulling interest by tweeting screenshots just from PS4 - think what we could do with a good photo mode here. :slight_smile:

9. More time for me to play Boundless! :wink:

7 Likes

A different building MMO I play also does this and I love it!

They also raise the level max every so often to keep vets in the game & give them something to do.

4 Likes
  1. A better way to shop. Whether an auction house or some in game version of boundless trade network.

2. Rare items/cosmetics that serve no purpose other than showing you grinded for it or you got extremely lucky and found it in some random cave or mob.

3. Non flying mounts/vehicles. I’d prefer them to stay on the ground to incorporate your #6 idea about the highway roads increasing travel speed. Also since most builds are on the ground we should stay on the ground as well, but still have some source of flight to make building easier…

4. Jetpacks/cuttlepacks/etc. to help us build taller structures.

5. Rewards for exploring. Reverse footfall or random invisible blocks that reward you X when you walk over them.

6. Another piggyback from OP- placeable npcs. Maybe very low level AI or they can serve some purpose, but they would give life to some of our builds.

7. Tons and tons of cosmetics. Everyone that plays MMOs knows that fashion is the real end game. Throw in some additional races, some races that can only be unlocked through challenges/finding rare items that can’t be tracked with an atlas

5 Likes

Definitely my face.

I might have read your question wrong…

2 Likes

Basically, it’s all of the things I’ve suggested, added to the game. :stuck_out_tongue:
Here’s a rundown of my own suggestions, plus some extra points, not in order of importance :

I think that covers all the things my best version of Boundless would have. All the other things already planned by the devs are just icing on the cake.
Except for hard PvE content. I don’t want any more difficulty. I’m afraid the “Hunter” creature is legit going to make me hate the game.

2 Likes
  • lots (and lots) of new blocks/textures and ways to change the finish (gloss to matt, for example) of them and existing blocks

• npcs. was always struck when I first started playing the game that big towns could seems so empty.

• new races to play and lots more character customisation.

• taming creatures pets/utility use

• copy and paste sections of builds (even just 3x3).

• to be terraria in 3d (vr!!) would be my ultimate wish

Hmh good Question…
Lets see:

1. More NPCs a.i. animals, wandering Merchants, villages.
  2. Technological advancement way beyond what we have now.
  3. More Affordable blocks/Skins to build with and not grind 10 Hours for a smart stack.
  4. Technological advancement way beyond what we have now.
  5. No PvP…ever.
  6. Moveable blocks, be it vehicles or other Things.
  7. Technological advancement way beyond what we have now.
  8. Random generated planets, massive amount of them, so no single Person Comes to the Forums complaining About not beeing able to get a resource.
  9. No more repair of machines as it serves absolutly no Purpose other then wasting time.
  10. Technological advancement way beyond what we have now.
  11. Proper armor and weapons, not diaper and slinge bow.
  12. Every Thing Mincecraft has, just better and more refined.
  13. All the ideas of the Posts above me and the Posts to come.
  14. Technological advancement way beyond what we have now.
    Sorry, got more then i wanted to write.
1 Like
  1. Having more things to explore that reward you for visiting them. Maybe like “exo-dungeons” that appear on the known planets that end up giving cool unique things.

2. Having more furniture and building options. These options would include if you put certain combination of things together in a room that it gives a boost. A reduction in cooking time for a kitchen, a reduction in crafting time for a workshop, etc.

3. Clothing would be dope, and maybe have them be forgeable so for very specific things to give some more diversity.

4. Not having more content that would be gated behind a time wall. If only certain people could ever add a special boon on something, that would make it impossible for someone to get to that point as they keep adding new things. Instead, we should reduce the grind, but reward veterans with specific cosmetics. Veterans should be honored, but gameplay should not be only for veterans.

5. Some more diversity in fighting styles. Maybe making a healing zone or a tether link buff supports or the like. Having a tether like a grapple would be good too for group fighting titans or to pull down cuttletrunks or keeping wildstock in place. A shield would work too that can nullify a lot of damage or even reflect cuttletrunk beams if made out of lucent gems

6. Having Oortian Artifacts that basically give you a free epic skill when equipped. Such as a double jump, or lightbearer, or something similar to that. These would be gotten by large, difficult things to do and can be sold or placed in the world.

4 Likes
  1. :+1:
  2. Omg yes pls
  3. :+1:
  4. I want this too (but you said we shouldn’t fly in #3 lol)
  5. :+1:
  6. Interesting idea ya’ll have here…I like it. More reason to visit builds.
  7. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
1 Like

I would love to see any alternative to just pumping out as much damage as you possibly can in order to succeed. In particular more viability/need for support players in a group so my “support slingbows” will actually be useful, lol

3 Likes

What if we had reusable scaffolding? You press one button and it unfolds, you mine it and it folds back up.

3 Likes

The Mesh Limit REVISITED!!!

A good portion of seasoned players run into mesh limits with any build more than 2 floors. Building up isn’t an option with any kind of functionality. They made improvements the last year but I’m more concerned about the limit being raised or clumps of meshes treated like 1 (ie. a huge sign of 20 sign modules should count as 1 mesh). Or just not have each chunk mantle to sky !

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the Titans coming and thus being able to have the famous flying platforms, which I imagine is what you mean

What is missing for me in Boundless, that I will continue to play for years? Well it’s very good - but still there are a few things missing!

1. vehicles! By that I do not even mean taxables like airships, cars or others - but rather something like in Minecraft or Dragon Quest Builders -> trains / lorries! How ingenious would it be to build a train station in cities and transfer tracks to another city there? Brilliant!

2. characters! By that I mean, among other things, more skill pages and, above all, that look! The few colors and tattoos are not enough for me!

3. animals! And by that I mean to breed animals and even more monsters! Maybe special in instances? Which brings me to the next point:

4. Instances and Dungeons! Just for the whole hunter and adventurer! Trophys you get for hunting, etc.! What fits the next point:

5. Definitely more decorative things! Armchair! Tables! Nicer cabinets! Beds <- !! 11eins … There are really so many items, with which one could beautify his house! For example, vases where you can wrap up collected plants! A block with 4 doors is quite nice - but something would be nice!

6. weapons and armor! Especially armor that you can put on and look out for! Swords and lances for close combat?

That would be my most wanted!

greetings
Akuji

6 Likes

Ahhhh - I forgot something else! Very important:

1. Fishing! Yes fishing! Whether in Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon or other rpg like Final Fantasy - fishing relaxes even in a game and makes fun!
6 Likes

Im thinkin the jetpack is more for vertical movement. You wouldnt have much speed going horizontally. Would also make it easier to use while building.

1 Like

Very nice lists of additions in this topic :slight_smile:

Would be cool also if our characters would stay in world as NPCs and characters could be hired got that way some extra coin :smiley:

This would really nice thing, I hope game engine could have like mega planet for this :slight_smile:

My short list, much same things like others have written.

1. UI improvements
  2. Trains (also other vehicles)
  3. Character customization
  4. Better building options, without need of forging: scaffolding, rotating blocks, locking block direction etc
  5. PVE improvements, so that wild hunting would be more interesting
  6. Fishing
2 Likes

for me more ingame games and more competition between guilds maybe some non destructive way to battle eachother

1 Like

For the game to be made fun for people who don’t want to group up.

1 Like