What turns you off playing Boundless?

“What turns you off to playing Boundless”

No titans, no gear/armor, no other races, no progression outside of the crafting trees. Not a large enough player base, No goals keeping me in the game, etc.

I don’t hate the game, but it turned out far differently than I expected. at first i was expecting a prettier minecraft, then it started shifting more towards a Minecraft MMORPG, but many of those aspects never came, other than the online part with micro-transactions.

I know private worlds are a thing but not the way I was hoping/expecting. I was hoping for an offline or 3rd party hosted server that could be my own (not extra cost) planet/solar system to play the game free of micro-transactions.

6 Likes

i was thinking. there needs to be more plots a level. i’ve been super limited all my boundless time with very little plots. i have 2 120 plot projects, and a 20 plot superstore all planned out but no plots.

1 Like

255 different colors is quite nice, but I honestly never use some of them. And some are just horrid as is. Never cared for oxide grey, but it makes a beautiful gunmetal grey marble.

Agree on the sensitive issue. Had an issue with a few people that escalated into leaving guild and moving on. And then getting told that I’m the reason why they’re quitting.
My response is usually, “Okay. Bye Felica. :+1:

2 Likes

There is local creative mode that you can host a few planets on if you computer can support the RAM usage. There are posts on how to set it up.

1 Like

I stopped playing after the color saturation was taken away from us

I love your game very much, but until the rich color returns, I will not return

Fueling portals
Swimming

2 Likes

I personally was fan of EA colors and how lighting was made there.
Really miss it.
It was kinda smoother i would say.
Only how lighting and colors were shown in EA it gave me some fantasy vibes

4 Likes

@james Or maybe add one of the old pre-release planets? For example Solum, she was beautiful
only now Tier 6, full of dangers

If I go back, I’ll drag a lot of people back

2 Likes

I imagine we’ll see some creative planets with the EA palettes. I’m excited!

Too bad we can’t harvest gleam from Neo Vulpto

6 Likes

True Red Gleam :thinking:
Was back then in EA a real treat :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I’m all for Neo Vulpto as long as Red Gleam isn’t as absurdly rare

2 Likes

Having to go outside the game to play the game efficiently.

Item / price finder works game wide but knowledge tab is current world only

PLACE filters are inconsistent between different points of access.

1 Like

There really needs to be an ability to search beacons and places when warping.

2 Likes

If we could bring some old planets back… my vote would go to elopor or epsilo (cannot remember wich one had those sweet lantern tree/brick structures)

5 Likes

That was Elopor.

And Yes Yes Yes to everything you just said.

1 Like

Being overwhelmed by my own projects.

6 Likes

A youtube video showing Vulpto is what convinced me to play Boundless. Imagine my surprise when after I was ready to explore other worlds, I couldn’t find this one.
It wasn’t until I came to the forums that I realized it was from the Beta(?)…
I honestly don’t see why they didn’t keep those worlds and just do a wipe so you can play them anew…

1 Like

I spent a decent amount of time in my first few weeks trying to track down the Vulpto I saw in posts when I googled red gleam.

1 Like

hahah even if you managed to find it a dude plotted them all :joy: