What turns you off playing Boundless?

I think there is a vocal minority making some waves only, the vast majority of people I talk to on discord are very friendly and happy.

6 Likes

It’s been this way since the dawn of time. In the beginning the community is small, tight knit, motivated and dedicated.

Once you open the floodgates to the masses the community changes. It’s like having a small club of friends that play the same game every Friday. Only now, instead of meeting in your basement next to the popcorn maker, you are meeting at a stadium full of people that have opinions on your game.

When you add lots of people to the community, it’s going to change. It will never be the same and change is inevitable. Embrace and adapt Barney :slight_smile:

8 Likes

There are some extra grinding elements that make playing a little bit boring and extra time consuming. Like the time needed to cook 1 piece of meat early game. Or the fact that we have to repair machines even the most basic ones as we use them.

1 Like

The same mechanic that got removed because over 70 million people hated it in another more famous game… a.k.a starving to death… change it to starve until hurt to 5% health and is buffed by picking up a skill called iron stomach so you can have it up to 35%.

1 Like

Normally I don’t have any qualms…but the colors on Lamblis are extremely intense on the surface and actually hurt my eyes. The contrast between the ash on the surface and the grass makes it look like I’m playing the game with those old 3D glasses on. Here’s what I mean:

6 Likes

How I though I will look like once character customization hits:

How I actually look now:

What happend to noble cat people? :weary:
What happend to these faces?
I’m don’t dare to ask about tails or ears …

No offense to the artists and of course I know it’s all work in progress …
But i was really heartbroken when I first saw the new models …
Especially the female ones (I want my purple pantheress back :sob:)
I was paralyzed and couldn’t play for hours … :sob:

12 Likes

Your people were consumed by the Waaagh

Waaagh

7 Likes

I thought I would be the only one, who got crazy. The colors burn my eyes, I cannot concentrate on surface, it is too intense. Maybe we can use settings to reduce such problems, while other players like to?

Until any changes, I will just dig underground to escape :smiley:

i would love that second picture then what i have now :smile:
i think clothes will solve alot but the some faces ayayay :smile:
and the feet are hahaha

Now this doesnt look too bad but I expected way more…

death by hunger i can def do without getting low life is not problem but the killing is to much for me :smile:

falling to your death seems to be a bit of a problem for you too moeb :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe he is being pushed???

1 Like

A friend started a new character today, and was given the option to start on the same planet I was on… bitula.

I saw him show up near death, I don’t know how the cuttletrunks didn’t kill him. I thought he had somehow leveled and made a warp augment already, I didn’t know about the option to START on a rugged world. He ran off to try to do the tutorial before I could give him stuff, and he died repeatedly, from cuttles and starvation because when he respawns he is to far away, not familiar with the area yet, has no energy, no food, no healing and no money to warp to a new world…I know I wouldn’t like that.
It was hard to get him to log on again and Meetup so I could give him food. And did not find having to stand around a long time to heal very fun.
And I did not tell him he wasn’t going to get exp for a while now so leveling would be even slower.
Eventually we got him to a starter world.
You should warn people they WILL need a lot of help going to a non starter world.

2 Likes

I did my first meteor in the new world today. Level 1
It was not fun.
There must have been 16-20 critters. My memory is bad but I thought there used to be 6-8?
The beginning was only one or two at a time, that was fine.
Then there was a wave of 4 cuttles along with a couple wildstock, couple spitters and 1-2 hoppers thrown it. It became dark and hard to see them. I survived a bit frazzled but ok…I had to track down stragglers…one wildstock had fallen down a hole. I got it but fell down too.
It took awhile to get out of the hole, and the NOTFUN part was it was dark and someone turned off the orange light on the meteor! Trying to find it, I get a message I’d moved too far away so the meteor was ABANDONED!
This must be a new feature to make things even less fun!?!?!?

2 Likes

Meteors have an area and if you enter it while combating you get a “meteorite life”, which all other players get as well when entering the zone. If you die and don’t get revived (by other players or revive potion consumed before) you lose your “meteorite life”. If there is no player with a “meteorite life” at the meteor it gets dormant. If you don’t die but leave there is the timer to get back. That’s made to prevent them getting dormant instandly by accident (when dodging out of the area for example).

see here: Release 196: Meteorite Lives!

what a really big turn off for me is the coin system. the way to generate “raw coin” is by completing feasts i dont even pay attention to (random pop ups) or generate traffic in your town. the income feels wrong to me.

for me as a player i dont want to be rewarded by random pop ups for breaking 100 blocks or crafting 10 axes( it feels like:“oh ok, i take that”).it doesn´t feel rewarding. i want to find/generate coin myself. i want to mine the coin, sell items or kill mobs.

to make the quest system more attractive i would make it more active for the player to have a better overview what is happening. for example crafting a new item like the dashboard where players can interact with it and choose what quest they want to track. maybe also introducing group quests. (like clearing 20 meteoroids) this way it becomes ACTIVE quests.

I dont know where the game is heading. there are no long term goals from the devs that i could find. Boundless has a little bit of everything (fighting, trading, crafting…) but nothing i can dedicate my time to, to become the ultimate fighter,trader,crafter etc… because everyone can become on the same level in 1-2 weeks.
there could be more variety for each section to make it a CHALLENGE to achieve so each player has an IDENTITY like" x player crafts the best hammers", " y player can tank mobs for ages" , " z player is the coinmaker"
right now i play the game for 2 weeks and i feel like i´ve done and seen everything.

What i really like is the building. It generates more prestige the higher tier your blocks are. you have a prestige ranking between towns and players inside towns. it makes me want continue to contribute to the town. the town with the most prestige is declared as the capital of the planet and becomes globaly visable.

At the moment it feels like they just finished the foundation of each part and din´t add enough content to each of it yet.

maybe Boundless is designed to be super casual and focused around social building.
i wish the devs would make some sort of devtalk or trailer of what are the long term goals are.

Once larger shops are established, hunting will start to effectiy be a coin generator (sell your loot!)

It’s going to be rough for a while until the economy starts to stabilize though

3 Likes

The portal network will also help. This allows people to reach stores and not to hoard coin for warp costs. They will be able to buy and stores will need resources which you can sell to them. Or you can set up your own store and sell items yourself.

1 Like

It is already a bit of a coin generator :wink:

I’m buying bones, volatile blood and thermal sacs.

2 Likes