What turns you off playing Boundless?

Communication for sure like @SephirothWS and @Buugi mentioned. But also lack of features…I mean yeah we’re missing titans and hunter and whatnot but also it’s crazy that some of the backer tier rewards are still MIA at this point…

9 Likes

Ye i Wonder how many oortians backer has lived In developers world Or have designed an item For the game lol. That was over 4000euros backing if i remember right

7 Likes

Same for me, seems the Devs are either on holiday or busy with other things, which I wouldn’t mind if there was some communication. It seems they have not only given up with the latest patch, but are also ignoring any bug reports…

Maybe they are working on Baulders Gate, maybe they are secretly testing the hunter, maybe they are having an Easter break, hopefully we at least get some communication soon.

9 Likes

I think that’s what a lot of people are thinking now. Devs said a while back, that as long as there is interest, they’ll keep the game going. But this mass exodus of players…
May be just what they need to shut the game down. Who knows?

1 Like

That would be a “stick in my own bicycle spokes” meme type move, if that ends up being the case.

2 Likes

I started playing because I was looking for a Sandbox-MMO, I stayed for its graphic style, I was playing for about 1000 hours and I invested a lot in the game because I saw a lot of potential but I stopped playing a few months ago.

My main demotivation is that it is less and less MMO. The M for massive to me means that the mechanics of the game encourage you to interact with other players in large groups.

I was looking forward to the Titans as a way to encourage large groups to come together to conquer those fortresses, but this does not arrive nor do we have information on when it could arrive, and instead they brought many more planets in the game, that further diluted the players all over the universe.

In addition, these planets are payment with RNG, a style of monetization of which I am not in favor.

Maybe I would not have been so demotivated if the company communicated more with the players and we had a roadmap with information on development progress, but this also does not happen in this game, in the end I lost the motivation to keep playing, and I lost confidence in the company.

3 Likes

Seeing as all the staff are now employed by larian and the office Is also theirs my guess is that boundless is in maintenance mode as a bit of a cash cow. With the 400+ sovs plus gleam club payments and only really server rental payments to make the game might finally be making a profit :sweat_smile:

I suppose the good news is that until the costs outweigh the income again then there isn’t much point to turning it all off

2 Likes

You know the irony is that this is a thing made by a dev yet they haven’t talked on it for a while

Quite a bit longer than a while at this stage.

We will soon be able to start a myth or lore thread.

“The age of the devs”

4 Likes

They are reading the forums…

Regards,

4 Likes

Well than they are good at ignoring or it just hurts to communicate to calm people down or give some information about anything.
Those people who still play keep everything alive and most of of them only ask for some information and in my opinion they deserve it but don’t get it. It’s nearly weeks and that’s what turns me off. Lags and loading problems and nothing new that sucks and that’s why I left the game cause no one seems to care about the game or the community. No maintenence to make the experience great like it was months ago or when I startet.
Came back for the marathon and I had lags and loading problems on alcyon it was unplayable and I ended up with a freeze but yeah maybe it’s always bad internet weather when I try to play boundless…

5 Likes

Reading is different than typing I still think they are just busy I’m just laughing at the irony

Hey I used to do hunts with u when I first started We will miss u

It turns me off knowing that people are leaving a great game that Has a great community

2 Likes

I still play Boundless, but much less than at the beginning.

What’s stopping me from playing Boundless?

• The language barrier, I can’t English (I use google translate)

• My PC is no longer good enough for Boundless, the system requirements have increased too much over time and I can’t afford a new one because I only get a very small pension to live on.

• There is no more new content, the game has become boring over the years

• In the forum, in the devlog, you can see pictures of things that are very old but do not yet exist in Boundless.

• The forging. This is just for the … in addition, that in my opinion it is too reminiscent of gambling.

• The sovereign planets, too expensive and offer nothing for the cost.

• Farming. As good as pointless. Yes, there are a few things that you need it for, but the effort is far too high for that.

• planets / servers. In my opinion, these are too unfairly distributed, the ones with the best raw material places are often only in the Australian or American area and therefore have a very high ping for europeans, which significantly reduces the fun of the game. This also applies to EXOS.

• EXO planets, these do not appear for months and then suddenly over the weeks extremely many and often unfairly distributed, often at times when europeans sleep and when they see it the next day the EXO planets are often empty.

• I can’t find anything I could do anymore because everything is already there.

These are the points that keep me from playing Boundless.

But as I said, I’m still a user of Boundless, but only rarely, I often only log in because @SClaytom has set up a memorial for my cat to chat with him.

6 Likes

I have posted on this thread recently and it saddens me to see so many people turning away from the game. Oddly, a lot of the reasons people are mentioning looks like they can be categorized into a few topics. I’ll comment on those and explain what turns me off about playing.

Boredom/Grind
I question this one but at the same time totally understand it because we have all been here at some point with various games some that we have loved and some that we have hated. I feel that there are some “grindy” aspects of the game, plots, farming and the constant need for materials for crafting. I for one find getting this materials fun. The hunts, the gathering and even the farming while quite tedious with little profit is still rewards to see a large crop come to fruition to be gathered. The plot system is actually pretty sweet, but getting more plots and grinding levels for that is pretty grindy, but a teaching pie and a few hunts or some solo gathering and killing a meteor or two usually gets me a few levels and all the plots I need for that moment. We always want more of course. As far as the boredom is concerned… it is a sandbox game … the game is what you make it. The game pushes you in some directions, but ultimately it is up to you to decide what makes it fun for you. Games over time just become boring because you log in and do the same thing over and over… which leads me into the next issue people have mentioned… updates.

Updates
Updates for the game have dwindled I am in the same boat as the rest of you, but the game for me is very fun, so I don’t need an update to come along to make the game fun for me. It seems a lot of players are waiting on an update to make the game fun again and sadly an update will bring a lot of people back, expecting that update to keep your interest in the long term probably isn’t the solution even though I wish it was. I do hope that their are many updates to come, but I don’t need those to keep me interested (at least at this point).

Communication
Ok, this one is painful … and I hate it. Any game with no communication from the development team or a community manager is just bad. It feeds the doomsayers and the negativity and while I for one don’t “need” the communication I do however want it. It is a good feeling to know that makers of the game have as much love for it as we do. Knowing there is some form of active development happening or what the future holds is huge. Roadmaps are great… sticking to those roadmaps are even greater.

As for me and what turns me off … negativity and the lack of a player base. I think the game itself deserves a lot as does the great community behind it. The game is great … it’s fun and it filled a void I was missing when it came to crafting and being in a community that just loves the game. I think to say you won’t recommend the game is a great travesty in a way because overall the experience is fantastic and any sandbox lover, voxel builder or someone who just loves a good community would be missing out on something grand.

Positivity goes a long ways … spread the word about the game and just maybe with a larger player base development may notice they are dropping the ball more and missing out on opportunities to make a bit more capital.

3 Likes

Fueling portals.

I’m sick and tired of fueling portals.

11 Likes

Haha @DKPuncherello I bet you are btw my portal in DK Mall is… ok I’m kidding :slight_smile:

Appreciate what you do! If anything, I’d be happy with a lower cost to fuel them.

1 Like

I don’t even want a lower cost, just the ability to put more fuel in at a time

6 Likes

I think they added the ability to add more oort or oortstone blocks on testing. I’m not at my computer right now so I can’t double check though.

3 Likes