What turns you off playing Boundless?

What bothers me most is the toxic attitudes of people that feel they own a whole area on a server and want to control how others build on it. To the point they keep contacting some one over a build that they don’t like. I watched a streamer today that hated a tower that had gone up near him. In the end he “ helped” tear down the tower so the guy would go on another planet and build. The comments about the ugly tower (words used on the stream) and other stuff really turned me off. If I was thinking about buying the game that would have stopped me dead in my tracks. There are some other threads on the forums where you can see these same attitudes.

12 Likes

I’d just say in response that those people seem to be the minority but are visible. Majority of the community are friendly, helpful and welcoming. (Those who wish to protect their builds can be those things too, of course.)

2 Likes

This isn’t exclusive to Boundless though, every single multiplayer game has this. The only way to avoid this is to not play multiplayer games unfortunately.

When private servers release, it should fix some of that mentality.

2 Likes

when the lag kills you and you get the penalty because you cant move and when you can your dead because the hopper got you .

5 Likes

Yep regen bomb is genius

1 Like

Was turned off so bad that I haven’t had the urge to go online and play Boundless since I wrote this 5 days ago. I really hoped I could spend at least 1-2 hours in boundless every day :frowning_face:

Hey everyone,
id like to share what turns me off playing this game. Recently ive been putting time back into the game after waiting forever for the game to be…well a game (havent played since the first implementation of character models) and some of the stuff that makes me not want to continue playing is a lack of content and i know theres lots of blocks to collect and things to build but theres really nothing else, no stuff to decorate my massive castles with, no fireplaces to keep warm at, no furniture to sit on, no adventures to go on (aside venturing to get resources) the game for me feels… empty in a way and after so long in development i thought the game would have been maybe a bit further along? i was hoping for something that would attract lots of new players and turn this game into what i imagined it would be when i bought into EA (but maybe those things are still in the works!) anyways the devs are doing a great job i just feel the game needs more things to do, bigger enemies to fight, reasons to defend my base ,also the plot prestige system and the way you manage a town really turns me off but im not going to drone on about that as im sure there are plenty of people doing that rn.

1 Like

Well nothing can keep me away from the game, but can we have the option on ps4 to switch button functions of R2 and L2 with R1 and L1? Because after a couple days of playing several hours my trigger finger gets cramped and the upper bumpers would make for a much better “use tool” button imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lag is terrible on US East. Praying it gets fixed before a couple of my friends jump on the game for the first time, because getting thrown around and having your screen freak out for 1-5 seconds every few minutes is on the verge of game breaking. For my friends who just bought it and aren’t invested they will see that and most likely quit or refund. Every other game is fine so it isn’t our connections, it’s the servers.

No furniture is a bummer.

2 Likes

Bad lag rubberbanding and lava trolling while I’m mining below lava. Also buggy objectives and seemingly random deaths.

1 Like

One of the areas that could use work is the documentation for various mechanics and items in the game. Some sort of help section with descriptions of how various advanced features work would be really appreciated.

6 Likes

Fully customizable controls on Playstation a la Skyrim would be great.

What turns me off in Boundless:

• The lag and rubberbanding.

• Killing a mob, but due to your server issues it doesnt register the kill till .5 or 1 second later which in turn lets the mob get a free hit on me.

• Didnt do a FULL reset on release. Power players (Hub owners) will remain power players due to 2 week headstart.

• For a sandbox game, there sure is a lack of player customization.

• Need more body clothes, armor, headgear, etc…

• If you want to make this game based on microtransactions, actually make good microtransactions.

• Make changing color chat easy to use via R-click menu on chat.

• Fix the freaking SKILL SETS! Right now it is pointless to use them as having alts nets you more cubits, more plots, and more access to all the skills. Make SKILLSETS work like normal MMOs have in the past, oh I donno, 10 years. You punish people who only want one hero.

• Add more weapons. Make all weapons viable.

• When you make a new toon, show a full list of all servers and what timezone they are in.

• Add a galaxy map to the game so people can know how many total planets there are and when the planets came online. It is zero fun getting to a new (to you) planet and realizing the capital has over 2 million + prestige. I want to know how much prestige each planet has before I go there so I dont waste my time.

• When someone takes over as Capital city, let them keep it for a week before it gets auto-changed back. Taking capital city from someone (ie Portal Seekers) is almost impossible, and when you DO take it, they just grab it right now. Why? See second point – you didnt do a full reset. 2 week head start, getting hubs together basically gives them unlimited coin income due to footfall.

That is all for now, im sure ill think of more.

7 Likes

this

also a full server reset is essential, this should have been done on release. great diminishes the experience to find massive builds already established

The massive builds happend within the first 3 weeks after the soft launch which also had a full reset with it just about 1 month ago.

So every time players join we need to reset so they do not have a diminished experience?

13 Likes

While i understand and share your logic, I’m not sure this should be a place to discuss those things. Otherwise I would have to discuss at least 30% of statements written here.

3 Likes

Fair enough. It is a reason someone is turned off to playing it is a reason someone is turned off to playing.

I agree, asking the whole universe to start from 0 at the same time they do is a little egocentric.

There are new planets being generated that have 0 buildings from pre-release for those who want a whole planet with no established settlements thing, including several opened on full release. Otherwise the nature of the game is a persistent world MMO, which is by definition a social setting with other players and existing builds.

4 Likes

I just want to say that, I for one, am happy that there are established builds on the worlds. Having portal networks setup all over has made my ability to get from planet to planet a lot cheaper than warping there on my own.

9 Likes