What turns you off playing Boundless?

Sorry, perhaps I should clarify a little. I pre-ordered this for PS4 and played on launch day. I very much enjoy the game play etc, but I did expect a fresh new game (perhaps that was an error on my part).
I understand that the established pc gamers that have sunk plenty of time in would not wish to have a reset, but for those who purchase the game on PS4 at launch I expect most would have assumed they would be starting from a level playing field.

If the game had been out for x amount of time on my platform I would have fully understood that there would already be an established economy etc.

Perhaps platform specific servers with some cross play servers would be a solution.

Anyway, my point is, rather than being egocentric and expecting a reset just for me, my expectation was that everyone would be starting from a level playing field and as it was not, it certainly was a negative.

Perhaps my wording of this was a little strong!

2 Likes

The grind for something simple like coal early game seems a little out of balance. I always feel like I’m running out. (coming from minecraft where it was easy to get plenty).

And as I’m transitioning into gold / silver I haven’t found any so far so that’s discouraging. Tried Till, tried serpensarindi, with no luck. I’ll keep trying though!

1 Like

It’s been said before, but seeing “Too Many Active Connections” when logging in and being told to use the unopened portal to find a world that has fewer people playing.

One, because I have a full inventory from a mining run the night before, I can’t go somewhere else and do something else. I need to store the latest items I mined and acquired.

Two, why should I pay in-game credits to portal to another world when my home base is locked due to overcrowding? At least wave the credits (or what ever they are called) so I can go to another world as if it were my home world.

I don’t believe the game is in early access at this point. From what I have been reading, it’s been in development for at least 3 years. How is it that this problem is a new one? Were the developers not able to see issues like this during the alpha/beta phase of development? It sounds like (and looks like from the builds I have seen so far) that there were plenty of players before release.

I’m just saying…

1 Like

I have had little trouble finding soft coal seams on lvl1 worlds up to lvl3 worlds. They seem as common as the Copper seams that seem to be just about everywhere.

1 Like

You’re correct but the coal doesn’t last long. You have to use 50 soft coal for 100 ore. Seeing as I usually find more ore than coal, I’d use all my coal smelting ore.

1 Like

I guess I don’t understand why you would expect an MMO to be brand new for PS4 players and not for PC players. No matter the platform, the MMO is still the same.

It would be like saying that Mac players should have a different experience than PC players in WoW.

Sorry, that point just doesn’t make any sense to me.

1 Like

This is getting really old, there was a full wipe of everything, at that point early backers were allowed to play he new universe for 3 weeks before the official launch.

When the game launched on steam and PlayStation they also released a bunch of new planets that were untouched by the early backers. If new players would stop focusing on the already established planets and play the empty ones there would be no issue, most of the newer starter worlds have hardly anything on them.

6 Likes

True, I still have plenty of Copper ore waiting to smelt and even quite a bit of Iron ore. Still, when I am ready to smelt more metal, I could just do a run on a lvl2 world and probably find 200-300 soft coal, or head over to a coal rich world (haven’t I seen those in the sky?) to look for such.

If you are starting to look for Gold and Silver, that means you must have Iron tools, so higher level worlds shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

You’re correct, I absolutely can make it to a coal world to get more coal. I’m actually trying to skip to compacted coal for fuel at the moment so I haven’t gone there just for coal just yet lol.

But before I learned about compacted coal and coal worlds it was a bit of a turn off for the early game.

1 Like

One question about that statement. As a new player myself, how does one determine which planets are the “newer starter worlds” and which are the established ones?

2 Likes

compacted peat works nicely, untill compacted coal :wink:

2 Likes

Coming from minecraft it’s so strange for me to use anything but coal lol. I’ll have to give that a shot!

1 Like

Actually the forums and discord are a good place to find out that new planets have launched. Maybe more in discord. If a new one is seen, people talk about it pretty quickly. If you mean which ones were original starter planets.

US East - Beckon and Phemonorum
US West - Storis II and Seginiakai
EU - Sochaltin and Finata
Australia - Lasaina and Lutrion

Edit: I had an old map printed

I agree with you. When you start the game that weirdo gives you a stick and a rock and says point at this planet in front of me.

There is no list, no choice, no nothing.

When you make a new hero, a list (or something) should come up that lists all the names or T1 and T2 planets and the date (month/year) they became live.

And dont give some garbage about lore – what lore? This game explains nothing IN GAME about no lore. I dont want to go to a piece of medium not in game to read about the lore of this game.

1 Like

The only way I learned was by joining Portal Seekers discord and reading all of their available info lol.

Unfortunately there is nothing in game to differentiate how long a planet has been active, the forums or discord is your best bet

When you choose your region when you’re creating a new character, the game always puts you on the least populated planet in that region. Once a starter planet gets too full to start on, a brand new world will be deployed for that region and new players choosing that region will be going to the newly spawned planet.

I do agree it would be nice to have more choice (either seeing which planets are in a region before selecting one, and also after choosing a region, to be able to pick what planet you want to start on, a busy/established one or the newest one like default) because I like to see the names of the planets before I choose one, especially if it is not my first character.

If I were a rich person, I would feed my gleam habit by creating hundreds of new accounts. :smiley:

Griefers…

People who grab a plots and do nothing with them. They just claim them in hopes of getting footfall, or to not allow others to expand their builds.

1 Like