What turns you off playing Boundless?

If they ban/block M.A.C. addresses, all of their accounts/alts will be toast.

1 Like

Yep, either that or a way to inspect with a # that grouped an acct together.

1 Like

Yeah, but usually it took them 1- 3 months to ban a player…
And when troll start trolling others they come everyday.

1 Like

MAC addresses are extremely easy to change. This is no where close to a good solution at all

2 Likes

By buying a new NIC? I mean, getting a diff IP address takes 2 seconds though.

1 Like

Some drivers let you do it right from the GUI. you can also do this at the command line, and there are some tools you can download to try to do this as well.

That’s exactly what I’m saying…it’s harder…not impossible.

1 Like

How is that hard?

hardER
10 chars

1 Like

Then what? its really quite simple.

It is far more effective just to ban the account and any payment Informations with that account.

The problem here is not recursive threats. the problem is the devs dont have the man power to go thur all the reports in a timely mannor and punish people, and/or its a matter that most people disagree with the rules of the game and think people should be punished for something that the devs themselfs dont agree should be punished

At least one identifier has to be used to ban a user. Yes, it is very simple.
And no, I would not select payment info…too easy to get around that.

1 Like

The payment Information is just a bonus not an requirement. You don’t need anything else other then just banning the account.

Banning an account won’t stop someone from creating a new one.

1 Like

In the CoC:

1 Like

Banning a Mac address/ IP address, Hardware IDs or what have you, won’t stop people from getting new ones of them either.

It will make it more difficult for some. There is nothing that will stop everyone.
Everyone knows how to quickly get a new IP address or make a new account.

1 Like

There isn’t but you don’t waste effort into banning something that is extremely easy to change like layer 2 or layer 3 addresses.

@Trundamere
@majorvex

this topic is for people to post what turns them off - no matter how subjective

it’s not here to convince people they are wrong, especially if it turns into lengthy exchange of replays (you might take it to private messaging if you wish to show someone something you think they might be missing; or create a new topic relative to your current discussion, or even find an existing topic where your current exchange is more relevant)

it is going OT now, so let’s leave this topic to others, who want to post whatever they feel is a big turn off in the game for them

11 Likes

That’s like saying…there is no door that will stop all crooks so let’s just take the door off the hinges.
Anyways, have fun. I’m going to go play NewWorld for a bit. Ciao

1 Like

As you wish. Goodnight

1 Like