Which forging strategy really works for everyone?

Oh yes … making coins is one of my other big problems. Since I NEVER find request baskets that really have a budget and as good as Never anyone buys something in my shop.

Go on two T6 hunts with an autolooter and you’ll be set for weeks. You don’t even have to contribute to combat. Mass crafts worth of trophies

1 Like

I never get a loot on the T6 hunts, because I’m always dying the group that does not notice it keeps on running and they do not find it anymore … or come too late and all loots despawnten.

I’ve found Ark&Arts to be the cheapest/best around for trophies.

Perhaps if people actually knew how to find your shop they might buy stuff…

Huh, weird, wonder why you can’t see al the coin I stuff in my baskets then…

Usually if i die someone comes to rez me eventually. If you can stick with the group they will rez you 9 times out of 10 from my experience. I once died and sank to the bottom of a river and someone still came to rez me. Just keep at it and it will pay off :smile:

Are you hunting in the big P.U.R.E. and PS groups? I guess I forgot to ask

yes. I do big P.U.R.E. hunts

Alright nice. If you spend the next weeks doing something, dedicate it to leveling a hunter alt or putting some points into tank spec on a new skill page so you can just run around with an autolooter and survive more. Bodies don’t disappear for like 5 minutes and items take around 3(?) Which should be plenty of time even if you die and have to run back

I’m going to add that I did a hunt three weekends in a row, and after a single mass craft requiring wildstock horn, I’m already in need again.

The animal trophy requirements are insane. Who has time for that? The drop rate for trophies needs to be MUCH higher.

1 Like

That’s why I don’t use those ingredients in my deck. Seriously, you don’t need them. Just made a lvl9 dmg hammer with my deck, cost me 3k coins in ingredients. I realised the levels I mentioned in my previous post were with 150% effectiveness, even with it I could make lvl7-8 damage aoe hammers.

I’ll have to take a closer look.

Cheaper method for sure but too much rng for me. But this could be a good option for people who are trying to get into forging. Definitely a better option than mine if you can’t easily gather/buy the higher end mats easily.

You’re playing the same rng no matter the method. The difference is what you do when the rng isn’t favorable.

Deconstruction method restarts from scratch. Gets too expensive if you want 3 specific boons from different categories.

Boon removal method uses somewhat expensive materials to fix the bad roll by buying another roll with stab&vigor.

Boon transmute method uses super expensive materials to fix it with less impact on stab&vigor.

In my calculations I take all the deconstructions in to account. On average I deconstruct around 10 times before I have the boons I want.

It’s an interesting method to consider for some stuff that I really like having (magnetic + light stuff for the off-hand for example).

I should use it to finally make a magnetic torch iron wrench for every one of my alts at some point. :stuck_out_tongue:

For regular tools I really like having aoe + damage + durability, that would probably be a bit easier with other methods.

Yeah three specific buffs is close to impossible without more advanced materials. I’ve got durability only with pure luck, it’s funny seeing heavy duty pop up with 2 effect and 4 special gums. I mean I’m happy when it happens, but more often if it misses the special category it’ll be something from effect category, obviously.

Forging is really more of a near endgame activity imo. Just because you can see the top of the stairs doesn’t mean you can or should have it right away. Really, stairs sums it up metaphorically.

Not all forging is the same, tho.

I was doing gamble-forging on iron tools with nothing more than Pure Boon 1 ever since I was able to mass craft the compound.

(Which took way longer than being able to make a forge, since reactive lamella was a bit of an annoyance around headstart / launch)

Like I said before, any forging that doesn’t add a defect/quirk will always be some sort of improvement, even if it’s a minor one, so if you can do it, there’s no reason not to. :stuck_out_tongue:

More advanced techniques merely reduce the randomness.

Heck, back then I even won the random lottery once and managed to forge a stack of iron tools with 3x3 aoe without using even gums. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s good on you, I tried forging a few hammers and realized it would be more worthwhile to use my head and just make more hammers while mining in patterns designed for optimal yield. This was before tools and the forge were buffed, however. In fact, I got my forge fully powered with my first round of nice ingredients just a day or two after the update. Everything went super smoothly when I finally broke down and bought a nice hammer and some pies.