Which forging strategy really works for everyone?

I don’t think the problem with forging is that it is difficult. The problem is it is frustrating and annoying. People buy them way faster than people make them because making them is annoying and frustrating. There are an awful lot of people who seem to want to buy them hundreds at a time. I’m picturing a forging session where I attempted to make hundreds of tools and I know it would end with my computer in pieces after smashing into a wall.

2 Likes

just bring back the old forging mechanism and everyone is happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want a deconstruction resin 4 … that gives 100% of the mats back and I’d be ok with forging and not complain about it. The RNG makes it frustrating at times. I can forge things and I will say it’s pretty easy, but it’s not consistent and you WILL lose mats it’s a given.

I can show you how max tools or make T6 tools or whatever, but what no one can promise is consistency.

1 Like

I definitely would not stop playing because I’m bored. I got lots ideas. I 100% would stop because the game feels like a massive grind. A lot of games are grindy, that’s part of games. I do not complain about that. But the game can feel sometimes like a job. It doesn’t give me always satisfaction or joy. Sometimes I put in more “effort” than it gives back pleasure. Each game has for everyone an expiry date. Sometimes one gets passion back until it hits one once again. However.

About the forging, 100% both recipes are the same in the beginning. I tried already different approaches in the past when I was more actively forging but it wouldn’t matter, I would still be stuck on even getting the 3 boons I want. I do have knowledge about forging. That didn’t help my unluckiness though. I would forge in the past together with another known forger and everything would go completely fine, and then alone, well knowing all the steps, I’m just not blessed with the rolling. I used same methods just like other known forgers. I really watched several players forge. But one can simply not expect that one owns gameplay is the same as someone else’s. Not in games where random things can happen.

Side note, I always hear people saying how hard Sapphire is to forge. Topaz is so much harder to forge. I have still good forged exemplars from the past that would show people what I was able to forge in good days. Just that those became more rare since a specific update.

Can only agree with @CleoStJames. If you’re spending good amounts of hours in game trying to forge something, only have loss of materials and no decent batch, all to just gather all the materials again in days of work just to repeat the process… yeah that ain’t nice. I was forging for my farms in the past, I was temporarily forging even for HOSTs farms. There were days I loved forging. Like @Redlotus says, such a resin could be already a gamechanger.

Many forgers left the game. Some because things changed and it made it less pleasant or unluckiness or so. But there’s enough forgers that were actually lucky that left the game. If you want to make boundless a more pleasant game then things need to change. Not only forging. There are many things that can get some love. Boundless is nice as is, but we can’t deny that it doesn’t need some love. I would love to see people have fun.

1 Like

There are still a lot of forgers in the game, also people forging for their own, not selling forged things. Those forgers you don’t see but that does not mean they are not forging.

A forging shop just does not work as it is too time consuming to gather and forge for the community.
Players have no issues getting coins and therefore buy forged items by the 100dreds.

I can keep up with forging for my guild and myself. Maybe that is the way to go. Have 1 or 2 forgers in a Guild.

I want to point out again that people got spoiled with good forged tools. They simply don’t seem to accept anything less then what they want and start complaining when they cannot forge the things or when they cannot find the forged items they need as that takes time to go to all the shops and find the tools.

People who dont want to mine anymore because they cannot have the best hammers are the ones complaining the most. Then buy a hammer and I am sure that with that hammer you can mine a lot to easily cover the hammer cost.

Nothing has changed on forging for many years now and it does not need change.
If we don’t have any challenges ingame anymore then people will get bored and stop playing.

A lot of people left the game as they no longer want to wait for an update on the game. It just takes too long. And I am sure more players will leave the game after an update.
Does not mean they won’t return though.

I rather have everything ingame that the original trailer was showing to us, please let them work on that !

1 Like

Some links w info that might be helpful:

https://boundless.mayumi.fi/forgeSimulator/

5 Likes

Well my strategy…. Deconstruction (what’s it) 2 is a must have (without it no forge for me).
Spend an hour or two forging (usually aim for 1 or 2 boons), usually run out of deconstruct… with 3-4 sets of tools finished or finishing up.
Don’t forge again until i need to replenish my tool stocks and I can’t find shops with the tools i need or forger’s that can do it for me.

My forge luck isn’t that great… luck has been rarely the case. So I don’t even try to go for higher tier tools if i need those ill try to find and buy them, ask around on the forum/discord and lastly give it a shot or two myself (which usually ends up in frustration :wink: and try to avoid that as much as possible).

Forging doesn’t really interest me because it tends to end up frustrating me (in turn i tend to forget what i need).
As there has been enough frustration IRL i try to avoid it while playing games.
Chances are ill destroy something (irl) if i don’t and end up not playing for some time because of that.

I do understand that it is cheaper to forge and not buy but…. with my luck forging it myself will probably end up more expensive and a lot of frustration.
Deal’s can be made even the kind of you providing the mats (or most of it) and paying little to nothing to someone that is willing to do it for you.

Then again basically only like to build in boundless so i tend to avoid doing a lot of stuff.

[edit]
Sorry for the long post.

1 Like

Well so my strat is first having a dedicated forger page on my crafting citizen
that means: forging epic8 vitality, 8 power, 8 Agility, 8 Intelligenz, 5 all attributes bonus, spanner mastery,3 forge ingredient crafting, volume crafting, efficient cradfting epic, durability drain epic and 1 in all atmosphere protection

and than it depends on the stuff i want to craft.
for T6 hammers for example i craft with this

over this

over this (note that more than 5 uses of the boon removal solvent will not work, so this is the worst possible run, that is still sucessful)

over this

to this (note the first used fate paste)

to this, final product (note, if i had les than busy bee 3 i would have used the special and lightness gum together

You got lucky there with the quirks xD

well even if it has a quirk, who cares. for mining there are only like three to five that are not nice (day, night, low health, bleeding edge, starving) and the rest does not matter or is beneficial

Edit: and even than, they can be played around with

2 Likes

I think most everyone here at least has the basic knowledge of how to forge. I forge for myself and have considered forging for others and I do at times give some stuff away. That said, if you have any form of OCD forging might not be for you. I quickly came to realize that when I forged something I usually want it maxxed out with no quirks or defects and really that is just me trying to be the perfectionist I am.

I would highly suggest against trying to max out anything (unless needed of course) and having a defect or a quirk that isn’t too bad isn’t the end of the world and most times very far from it.

I have maxxed out lucents just to see if I could, that being tools, bows and bombs and I am pretty consistent with it once I get the right boons on them and some tools are just easier than others and that mostly depends on the boons you want.

Hammers I usually want Damage/AoE/Speed or Damage/AoE/Dura. I can always make these, but the process is not consistent. What is consistent is the loss of materials when having to deconstruct due to the inconsistency. The forging RNG can be frustrating enough, but when you add on the “possible” loss of materials when deconstructing it becomes even more frustrating and even more time consuming.

Not that it isn’t possible, but I doubt anyone quit the game just over the forging in the game I know it isn’t frustrating enough for me to quit the game, but it might be a contributing factor for some people. Usually when I speak to someone who has quit the game it is usually (not always) a lack of updates and the onset of getting bored.

Deconstruction Resin 4 that gives me 100% of the materials back when deconstructing seems to be the way to go in my eyes and something that could easily be implemented. It will affect the economy a bit as it would decrease the sales of forging ingredients, but that may balance out a bit by having an increase in the number of people forging.

Hopefully someone at Monumental is paying attention :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I won’t reveal my recipe, neither for rift nor for normal tools, I’ve been busy for a long time to find the best recipe for me. Everyone should forge the way it’s best for one. Otherwise, test, test, the creative planets are good for that to test😉

2 Likes

No one needs to reveal their recipe because no recipe is 100% consistent which is most of the complaints. There is no process that can totally guarantee the same result every time.

As I stated, I have zero issues with the RNG, mostly just the loss of materials when deconstructing.

my process is always 95 percent, of course sometimes it doesn’t work right away the first time, but if so, i’ll forge it for you to max and usually i still have 2 or 3 turns over where i could make the damage even higher, but it would be nonsense if it eh already t6 is at +20

2 Likes

Make a video … and forge a hammer with the exact same stats at max 10 times in a row and if 9 out of the 10 times you don’t have to deconstruct it I’d be very surprised.

Not true. I can forge any gem item and below (gold/silver/iron/titanium etc) on demand. You tell me what gem tool and what 3 boons on it and I make it 1st try, again and again and again.
100% success and no single decon resin ever used.

Also, decon 4 would be a bit of a cheaty thing. Then all failed attempts would never ever cost you anything.
So with enough time you can retry as many times as you want when you always get everything back with a decon 4.
I only agree on a decon 4 resin if that resin is very expensive to craft.

Edit: when I don’t show my way of forging but I show I get the forged objects in the forge in a video then people would still accuse me of ‘editing magic’.

2 Likes

It is true, SWProzee1 can forge any item on demand in 1 go. Our LOOT Guild members order tools and he makes them instantly, a little over 1 hour waiting to get the maxed out tools.

1 Like

ik ben blij voor je Kelbim

Why would you reply to me in a language I don’t speak nor understand?

1 Like

I know a handful of people that can consistently forge with high success. Just because you don’t know how to do it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exsist.

There is a way to do it and they have every right not to share it because they took the time to learn it. Just because they don’t share doesn’t mean it doesn’t exsist. It also doesn’t mean they are selfish for not sharing their strategy. They put the effort in they do the work. People shouldn’t be made to feel bad for it.

If you want to learn to forge listen to their recommendations.

1 Like