Who is farming Cubits before the update?

Yes but then there will be Rust on consoles.
I see it the same way

1 Like

I’m Soooo a lazy :cookie: I just buy me plots XD

4 Likes

I have not posted or played the game for months now but I do want to address the topic that was raised. I considered farming xp for the plots but decided that was not playing a game, that was turning boundless into even more of a job than it already is. At this point, the best option I see is to quit putting money into boundless for gleam club or renting a sovereign planet and instead rent server space to set up a small universe to play on with other like minded players where we can reduce the grind through mods. We can allow the accumulation of plots however we see fit and not have to mindlessly mine gleam orbs or other such activities merely to play the parts of the game we enjoy.

11 Likes

Yeah, I pretty much support this at the higher levels.

Needing more and more, but getting more and more. I’m not against that idea at all, though sometimes I wish it’d tell me my exact level, instead of just “50+”

3 Likes

The coffer itself tells you what level you are. Took me forever to realize that as I just quick collect them :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That was kinda my argument. If I have a Sovereign, why do I need a local universe?
I mean, a world all to myself if I want to? I would never be able to build everywhere on it. I’d get bored first.

2 Likes

eg.

7 Likes

Gee I am no where near level 9000. I am such a newb.

6 Likes

Yeah, I mean the main reason I’m building, is because I WANT people to see what I’m doing. Making a pretty diorama wouldn’t make much sense otherwise.

2 Likes

“I’m farming so theres not any new content when the new content I’ve been begging for finally comes out.”

4 Likes

If that were the case I would buy a sovregn world and keep it up forever more. The fight for plots is real. Especially for people like me who prefer to spent there time building and not power leveling.

Edit. Not that there is anything at all wrong with that style of play. :smile_cat:

11 Likes

I think its sad this game went To route were over 90% of the population that is alrdy small is transfering into sovereigns etc.

I Feel like this game was once great cause it was really mmo Where you could see players a lot… Mainly cause In EA we had just few planets but still… I would instantly jump In if there would be players on public servers like the old days.

Now it feels more like devs have switched To life support button and keeps game servers alive through sovereigns.

Not really trying to make any marketing In past 2 years tells a lot about Where this game is heading. Feels bad cause i Loved the game.

6 Likes

Divided by 10 thats where im at. :joy:

[quick math]
Thats almost 100k on potential plots.
(No point in complaining about having to claim “air plots” for that bit of foliage)

1 Like

Yea I have few across Alts. But its cooler to have one character at 9000. It’s impressive :smiley:

2 Likes

That is just it, isn’t it. The players who don’t like building and do everything else gain a lot of level and therefore cubits to transfer to plots. The core builder doesn’t gain equally fast those levels unless you eat teaching pies which are one of the more expensive food you can buy. Take then in consideration that the builder is also poor for coin you get a vicious cycle.

The balance of this game has always been off. I am far from offering the perfect solution but @james and the remaining team should really start laying their cards in the table and tell us what direction they want to go and tweak it accordingly. If it is meant to be a superior Minecraft experience own it and go on.
That said ( I am sorry if this deviation from topic) I too am harvesting levels. It goes against my playstyle and it saddens me a little but I know I will feel better for it for when the update comes. I have missed the train so many times in the past by sticking to my own thing I am leaping a million years behind the smart players even with my years of service.

10 Likes

Agree.
Ive always spend my coins as they go.

Ive played always just 1 character cause i dont want that plot split thing Where other Side is owned by Buugi and other buugi2.

4 Likes

Play mainly with one but have things plotted with 3 others 1 has the shops (as “he” has always the shop epic), the other two have just a small area.

But have to agree with @Mittekemuis as a mainly builder lvl goes slow (even with teaching pie) and my lvls come mainly from chiseling as i “have to” chisel a lot. (Clap my hands if i reach 4 lvls on a full day with pie’s)

4 Likes

Well then this should be your slogan :wink:

4 Likes

If i could make a difference… I would

But its up To devs.

4 Likes

That. A terrible slogan. Even as a joke it isn’t very good.

4 Likes