Why I went inactive in-game

I agree. That’s why I replied to this:

Creative worlds aren’t a compromise, it’s a different game for a different audience.

7 Likes

There’s been no change here. There is still no completely transparent block in the game.

1 Like

Why do you all wanna take away the challenge from the game? I just don’t get it. You gotta work for the good stuff, just like any other game :wink:

Also, none of the colours are rare - you just gotta work for your shadow ceruleans and blacks (save up coins, farm gleambow events, trade with someone nice - all the things you can currently easily do)

:tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

To make a giant build it might take 100 chests of a material like rock or wood

That’s a lot of trips to an exo. For my big builds I’ve farmed those materials over a period of months, not days. It would have been impossible to get the quantities I’ve used from exos without hiring a team to farm the mats on the spot. No exo shops have the stock needed either, not across the whole game.

Also what if you decide to expand? Then you can’t get that color.

Yes it has economy aspects but they could put other stuff as exo exclusive. It helps the economy but hurts builders and drives them away. This hurts the game which hurts the economy since there are fewer players even if only a bit (also, big builders are good buyers). So I think the net effect of color scarcity is it actually hurts the economy.

8 Likes

A challenge is something you can put the effort in to overcome. With many items, there isn’t a challenge as they are simply unavailable. Cannot be sprayed and cannot be farmed. When something simply isn’t available, it’s not a challenge, but a wait and play something else game while waiting for the right exo to spawn via the forums. This really comes down to if you don’t have a lot of responsibilities and can spend many hours on an exo during the days its there. Gleambow is even worse since it is a finite resource, wrapped inside of an rng process, and is a throat punch to casual players’ morale when it is tossed up as a “solution” to their rarity woes.

8 Likes

The struggle is real. No exos ever with white mud, and apparently the most rare gleambow metoer is mud. Its odd that rarity is something assigned to blocks. I want rarity in this game but in different ways.

6 Likes

I’d love for them to add real visible titles, wearable/body paints and cosmetic tool/weapon skins for achievements as an easy win. Anything to give people a goal to showcase their dedication.

8 Likes

Yes! :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s a little unfair to assume that only people without responsibilities can pour time into the game.

I lead a normal adult life, with two small human children (one with disabilities) and can get any item I wish, at almost any quantity.

Events are in place for those other colours - if a person can’t make the event, that’s nobody else’s problem :tipping_hand_man:

In my opinion, if everyone had access to unlimited everything, and every colour (etc) the game would get super boring, super quick!

Sorry about all that - just pushed the wrong button implying that people who can put time into the game don’t have responsibilities.

2 Likes

Except you cannot get any item you wish in any quantity you want no matter how much time ypu put in the game…because they aren’t available?

3 Likes

And not every block/things are available through gleambow. There isn’t any grass gleambow. Or soil gleambow. Exoworlds are the way new colors are supposed to be introduced into the game. But we don’t have enough of them, and we get too often repeating permanent colors

4 Likes

Almost makes me want to go find the list that shows how many repeated colors we have gotten for everything. Its amazing how few colors we have recieved in some items.

2 Likes

Imo that’s where the community trading aspect comes into it. Theres always someone who has something you want.

Boundless is FULL of hardcore hoarders.

2 Likes

I have a list like that ahah

Edit: just a little screenshot @Peyago

3 Likes

I unsderstand what you are saying. But you are flat out missing something. As someone with millions of coins and tens of millions of items…I still cannot give you things that have never been available and cannot be sprayed. Even with every gleambow meteor that has dropped, you would not be able to gain enough resources to do even my small builds out of rare colors.

5 Likes

Oh, thats even better than the post I was remembering. :+1:

1 Like

As far as gleambow goes, it has been engineered this time so that the event can continue outside of the event with augments and Platform 8 and other rplayer organised functions.That’s how many people manage to stock up on the rarer items.

Conversely, I get it. I’ll be the first admit that it would be nice to see some rare colours on exos every once in a while. But that’s not how it is right now.

1 Like

Explain to me where the challenge is in waiting for a color to spawn and after two years it has not. That is not a challenge, that is just pure frustration. And again with the same old line that players do not want to work for the materials they use. That is a nice way to try and twist the arguments being made but is patently false.

Rare - (of a thing) not found in large numbers and consequently of interest or value.

So if exo blocks are not rare, why do the players selling them charge more? If they were as common as blocks coming from public planets then maybe they would cost more due to the need to pay to warp. So what maybe 3000 coin across 20 SS of materials for and extra 1-2 coin per? Well since this is not the case, the shop owners seem to think exo and gleambow materials are rare.

But lets look at specific colors. Color 222 - Vivid Mustard matches gold and I have wanted to use it in my builds because it is the closest match to gold. The only way it exists is if someone has managed to create a goo pigment that color. So why is that not rare? Color 58 - Deep Azure a great true blue that does not go purple like the actual blue does. Great for a build where you want a real blue. Again the only way this exists is if someone has created a goo pigment for it. So why is this not rare? Color 211 Azure - a great medium blue that is a true blue has only existed on one exo. So why is that not rare? It is certainly not as common as any color found on a public planet and has only existed on one limited time exo. How do can you define rare that there are not any rare colors?

2 Likes

Can you get augments to drop outside of the event from summoned meteors? If not, its pretty much a waste of time.

1 Like

It’s just a game, guys :blush::heart:

3 Likes