Why is Oortstone worth 30 coins more Per Piece now than normal high prices a few weeks ago?

Because I had 430 rough oort stone… then I compacted 360 and used the rest for my own shard stash~

Because players only can do damage and heal for boundless hunting content.
There is no crowd control, no condition debuff (well we have bleeding, but kind of useless), no other support buff apply by gear (you can only apply buff to yourself). When players can just melt every monsters in short time, of course hunting will be very boring.

We just need to shoot and run and follow the hunt leader, so basically player don’t require to think any of strategy to defeat monsters.

Also I believe during the hunting event, the time you spent on walking is way longer than actually kill monsters :sob:

1 Like

Adrenal glands rose from… 50c? to 300c?

So, yes, I assume the only thing that holds the Oort price down is people who finally sold their stock because they are satisfied with 300c. Soon the only Oort on the market will be fresh hunted Oort, or the Oort the gleam-bot-munters have stockpiled. Both won’t part with it for 300c I’m sure.

Oort is the only valuable item in the game, of course everyone is investing in Oort.

They made the same mistake every other game makes, too. Coins are worthless because of the dual currency (coin and cubits), which is why everyone tries to convert worthless coins into gold Oort.

Ironically, a currency has no value without taxes. Taxes is what forces us IRL to have currency. Otherwise we could and would just make “currencies” up, like Bitcoin. And… keeping portals open is this games tax, which isn’t paid in this games currency.

If something isn’t fun the solution isn’t to increase the reward…

1 Like

I feel like the rising price of oort and the increased scarcity of this commodity is drawing real world parallels to the price of Oil.

Ever Increasing demand and increased costs of getting it (for oil - the cost of acquisition and for oort - the cost of time spent hunting vs time spend doing alternative activities).

What this tells me is - I should probably invest in some oort now ahah.

2 Likes

if they add this here I am sure some more people will have more fun, if they add them I will go hunt to again. But atm hunting is so boring. I waiting for the titans or some new monster before i go hunting active again.

No dont invest… the reason for all the coin in the system is as you mentioned above ppl have more due to the 100k an hour gleam situation. Soon it will once again rebalance. Folks will blow through that coin then HAVE to hunt again. Though once you get spoiled its hard to go back to the fields gleaning beans so prepare for more outcry lol

3 Likes

Well, if 4 current mobs (roadrunners aren’t in meteors) is enough for 20 months, then 1 new mob should be good for at least 5 months? If my math is correct.

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the price of oort started to jump up during what players called “the great oort depression”.

During that time, work and life had pulled me away from leading hunts so there was that much rough oort less. 300 rough oort per person, per 2hr hunt. At average 10 hunters, that’s 3000 less oort in the economy in just one missed hunt. That’s quite a bit! That was just one of my hunts, think how many less it would be cause others has stopped running them too. The public’s Nice guy Jacey had stepped out for a bit, my man Saalt wasn’t running them anymore. The only constant at that time was the amazing ElSioui. Now total up oort lost per week from those missed hunts.

People were also starting to get bored with hunting. I don’t blame them. So what many started doing, was putting out request baskets at 180c per oort. As other networks/businesses/hubs oort supply started to get down to their last smart stack, they bumped up the request price to 200c. If everyone else is at 180c, 200c was a big jump and it secured their portals from closing. Soon after other request baskets stopped being sold to since 180c wasn’t worth it, those ones would up it to 210c so their portals would be secure. Essentially, the request baskets kept chasing each other’s prices to where we are at now. 300c.

If there’s a network big enough, in need enough, and with enough money, they’ll have those prices even higher than 300c to make sure they stay open…

2 Likes

The reduced the profit, they didn’t remove it. I don’t think bots care, profit is profit for them.

Tho botting is no longer allowed so they risk being banned now

ok i just recently found out about it i heard someone mention it here once. im not starved for cash so didnt perk my interest so i will defer to you. Maybe it will continue then.

Im so torn right now considering oort. Do i spend a million coin on oort at 300 now, before it climbs to three fitty, or do i wait for a change to the oort mechanics from the devs?

I dont want to be caught offguard, like i was in the bone market, refusing to buy at 8c only to watch it go to 11-15c.

Decisions… urgh

The devs haven’t helped with bones, or hopper cores. The Oort problem has been there for 6 months. I wouldn’t expect an intervention any time soon. No offense @james @leahlemoncakes

2 Likes

Youre on point. Just writing the post you replied to made me decide to use that million now. Thanks.

2 Likes

They could have killed 2 birds with one stone during the Oortmas event by having Christmas meteors also drop Oort. Wouldn’t help much now, but would have made Christmas meteors less pointless.

2 Likes

Maybe they could add Toilet paper as a portal fuel? …Ah nvm lol.

2 Likes

Things that would help in my opinion is lower the cost of oort needed to fuel portals, make it to where the drop rate is slightly increased to hunting meteorites and slightly change a way to combat to where the mobs from meteorites attack with structure for strategy from the creatures and not a pure chaotic mess.

Luckily I’ve had @Arkanjel giving me stacks of oort for free for the last few months. Single handedly keeping my portals open and allowing me to build. THANK YOU! So I suggest getting an Arkanjel… just not this one. This ones taken! :joy:

7 Likes

I have someone I buy from but he’s kind and sells to me for under current market. I try to pay more but he leaves me the coin in one of my baskets :sweat_smile: tho after @molav took all my money I dunno if I’ll be buying Oort any time soon now :joy:

3 Likes