[Winner Announced!] Birthday Giveaway! 🍰

Not really a memory as such but more of an accomplishment and I’ve been looking for an excuse to tell this story, I guess this is it

Thanks to Boundless, I have gotten over my Real-Life fear or heights! No Joke.

I used to get very bad vertigo, cold sweats, shakes and nausea even when walking along my 3rd floor balcony to go out and do my daily real life grind. I couldn’t go on the good rides at fun fairs, I couldn’t go onto roof top beer gardens where my friends would meet, there was a lot I couldn’t do and that was honestly quite depressing.

I used to get very similar effects when at a height in-game too but I had a vision of what I wanted to build in Boundless and I decided that I wasn’t going to let this stupid phobia hold me back. So, I started on my R3DFIRE build and slowly, but surely started working on the 8 max height towers. As they got higher and higher, I would feel the sweats and shakes starting. I would have to take many breaks and get myself together, to calm down so to speak. As I built higher, the effects of the phobia got more intense. I took breaks more often but always came back to push on that little bit further.

To cut a long story a little shorter - After a while I realised that I was at around 200 height in-game and wait
 I wasn’t shaking, I wasn’t sweating, I wasn’t feeling sick and I had been building for around 2 hours without a break! I have no idea exactly when it happened or how, but somewhere along the line, my symptoms just stopped! I immediately got up and went out to the real world balcony and guess what? Nothing changed from the previous moments of when I was sitting in front of my computer monitor. I still wasn’t shaking, no sweating and no nausea. It was simply, GONE! And guess what else
 It hasn’t come back since!

I have no explanation for it. But Boundless, and a little perseverance, kicked my fear of heights to the curb! Life is feeling a little better now and I have a lot more to look forward to once we are over this pandemic. Fun Fairs, Beer Gardens and so much more are within my reach now and, I can only thank Boundless for that. I can’t think of anything else it could have been. It could only have been this game.

So, Thank you, Boundless and the amazing team behind it’s creation. And if you ask me, it’s YOU who deserve a prize of some kind.

Happy 2nd Birthday, Boundless! :partying_face: :birthday: :partying_face:

And, THANK YOU! :kissing_heart:

26 Likes

Lol, best memory was obviously meeting my girlfriend. @Larky

19 Likes

Favorite memory of boundless would have to be when Ultima was still king of Finata. Just started playing and the builds were amazing! Then I learned there were portals that took you to new worlds.

Been playing ever since.

12 Likes

My favourite memory will be when I played at release on ps4. Me and my son reached 3rd rank on a worlds builders list for a really over the top canyon Bridge! (also it was a base ofcourse!) we both recently just started playing again and we’re going to try and recreate the same idea as it was awesome.

11 Likes

My favourite Boundless memory (other than meeting some great new friends in game) was my very first proper build
 back in EA
 y’know, the build after your first mish-mashed starter home :joy:

I remember finding a piece of land that I liked and requesting a beacon from the devs (as was the process at the time). I then (badly) sketched out what I wanted to build on a piece of scrap paper during my lunch break at work

and I started building as soon as I got home. It turned out ok I thought (though now it would be classed as a very small build lol). Even before that, I was hooked!

32 Likes

My favorite memory is when we opened the first ever portal after the wipe.

After obtaining the metals and tech required to travel to other planets, members of the PS guild traveled to the T4 planets and died horribly in the atmosphere. Mining all the diamond using iron hammers (to save diamond). Diamond required to make coils to build the portal conduits to get here. This took the combined effort and collaboration of dozens of people over different time zones to race here.

After this feat we went out to connect pre-wipe communities and brought everyone together as people progressed at their own speed, first building hubs on the T3 planets to connect the regions, then eventually building and funding hubs on all planets.

30 Likes

My favorite memory is of using an aoe hammer for the first time. :drooling_face:

16 Likes

I was still under level 20 and figuring out the game basics when Gleambow 2020 started. The universe was teeming with activity. I went to Circarpous I to see what all the excitement was about, and found a spot riddled with holes from fallen gleambow meteors. I ran around with my first loot stick, a gleambow totem, getting goodies from the completed meteors and picking up scraps of materials people left behind. I ended up getting dozens if not hundreds of these, but couldn’t manage to complete a meteor on my own. I died many times trying to do a gleambow meteor. Then I got hit right on the head by one and was defeated (and I got the “What Are The Odds of That?” trophy from this gleambow meteor, hilarious). I had all but given up when a huge gleambow meteor landed right next to me, made of pure gleam. Of course I panicked because I was so slow and weak and other players were closing in fast, I knew I wouldn’t complete the meteor and get the gleam. I frantically tried to complete the meteor, other players started working on completing it too, and I figured that was it, no rare gleam for me. We completed the meteor and a super high level player asked me if I wanted the gleam. Of course I did!! I had maybe ten blocks of gleam in my storage at home at that point. Then they broke all the gleam in like two seconds and gave it to me! I thought it was really nice of them to help a pathetic newbie complete the meteor and get the gleam. I used the pretty gleam over time for goo farming and lighting my underground ruins and adding a splash of color to many different builds! Thank you kind stranger!

13 Likes

i will keep it short since i do not want to get any prize because friendship doesn’t have a price

the memory i have is when @Conkuur took me in as his family on xa frant end 2018, and we started to create an awesome settlement together unfortunately we had some issues with other people which im also partly to blame for , besides that he supported me and had my back from day one and i respect that
i have never had such a friend that doesn’t think about himself but thinks about his friends.
and it has to be the other way round as well.
and because he has their backs, he could get himself in trouble! as it happened a few times.
but this guy is a legend and i just fully respect and is like a bigger brother to me!
so shoutout to @Conkuur i love you man we are still going strong!

the second is that recently i met someone i just adore and fell in love with in the way she thinks supports me and her positive vibes, she doesn’t have a forum account (its for the best) but some of you met her and i told her about.
and the idea is to start a in real relationship in the future (pun intended)
if you see this
 :heart: i love you :heart:

the third is boundless in general and the developers and their support!
and for bringing such a lovely game to the world for us to spend our spare time on (i got lots)
some to get away from reality, some for boredom, or some because they cannot work.
overall thanks for creating the game, its an memory that will stay with many.
and without boundless i would not have met such lovely people.

also to add i met a guy called @NickkThatsGood and what a wonderful guy he is!
my memory is that he stole my settlement name THE FUTURE ©
it was WAR ON that day, (just kidding) but yeah it was because of that we started talking and created such a beautiful friendship many months ago. this guy is next level friendship and hopefully for many years to come, this goes as well for foxy and just generally GTG guild

i have many friends so close some not as close but i respect each individual the same way

thanks for reading

13 Likes

All my favorite memories are made hunting with my guild and seeing the joy in peoples messages when they win our after hunt prizes or when they score a feather!

Favorite screenshot: gleambow landed in top of another gleambow that was dormant

10 Likes

My favourite memory is all of it.

Every sacrifice to the Ceph God any of my hunters have ever made. All of the hilarious, ridiculous and pathetic deaths by slamming ourselves into trees.

Building a popular guild from nothing, from two little huts in the remote parts of Finata, to an almost full guild and the most amazing guild members.

All of the thoughtful, giving members of the community.

But most of all, the life long friendships I have made that i will cherish forever.

Best of all, I got to share it with the love of my life. @Spoodle :heart::heart::heart:

24 Likes

first : i dont like to have a price
 just like to share my fav. boundless memory.

thats hard to make a decision, but it was my first day i played. (that moment if i realize about the color system)

never ever a game gives me a high like this.

after this fav. moment every single day was a fav. moment, except a few days xd

meet a lot of people and lost them somewhere in the boundless universe :slight_smile:

12 Likes

There have been so many good memories that it is hard to just pick just one.

So its a toss up between three of them. In chronological order.

#1. Landing on Angel 1 shortly before the official release of the game and not knowing just how tough wildstock are to a fresh character and smacking one with a totem. Instant regret. Annihilated straight out of the gate.

#2. After a bit I needed gems for coils and the struggle was real. Didnt know how to forge and at this time there was a problem with surface resources respawning so forged tools were extremely expensive.

After going at mining with Iron hammers and wayfarer totems I finally saved up enough coin to get my first AoE hammer.

Cost 60000 coin from Aridohl in Anvil and since then haven’t looked back. Best investment ever.

#3. Right after the Farming Era update @Vurtadelic and myself logged in to help our nephew out with the update only to find he didn’t need help he had been collecting and planting crops the entire day while we were at work.

Some positivity about the farming era update

12 Likes

I have many fond memories playing Boundless for over two years but the one that really sticks out is when I participated in and won an event that @Cookviper planned.

In short, this event was a huge puzzle where we had to decipher some texts, go through underwater mazes, travel to underground secret locations, and do all sorts of crazy things to win a vault full of valuable stuff (think rare colored dev-given gleams, then-ultra-rare shadow orbs, etc). After getting stuck, I met @Swede and @willcrutchley. We 3 shared what each of us understood and managed to achieve so far in the puzzle. Using our combined knowledge and information, we pieced the puzzle together and won and divided the vault loot among ourselves. It was THE MOST AMAZING feeling in a game. Felt like such an achievement!

After digging, I found those pics:

Pics of adventure

20 Likes

Well, I"m newish so haven’t had a chance to form alot of memories yet. But, this is my best memory so far.
I am a Landmark castaway with alot of hurt feelings over the sunsetting of the game. I haven’t touched a building game since until I decided to give Boundless a try.
I thought I was waiting for a rental planet until I couldn’t take another moment without building so I wandered the lands
and I crested a hill and I found it
my Sheldon’s spot, my 000. It reminds me of my spot in Landmark. It literally filled me with a sense of 
I’m home. Finding this area is my favorite moment and the start of a sense of beginning again!

15 Likes

When I was new and only played for a couple days, I found my first town (autumn dell) and managed to portal hop my way to DK mall. I was blown away because up until that point I was still in the wilderness working on my starter home with no idea places like this existed.

Well anyways, I didn’t know DK mall was in the sky and ended up walking right off the edge, and by this point I didn’t have any grapple skills. So I fell all the way down and died, looked up after respawning to find this.

And from that moment, looking up at this gigantic sky city above me, built in a totally survival world, I knew I was addicted to the game.

14 Likes

Hrrmm, lots of great moments over the last couple years. And so many laughs with some awesome people. But probably deciding to start my own guild and doing it differently than anyone else. Something slightly exclusive that people had to earn. In the beginning I didn’t know if anyone would even try it. But once I got a few people in the guild I soon realize it was going to workout. The Reapers guild was born. Pretty happy some of the oldest members are still going strong. So creating Reapers is my best moment.
But meeting my spirit animal @superman101 and all the other friends I’ve made. The countless late night laughs. Thank you Reapers, you complete me. :heart::joy:

13 Likes

Setting aside the two full years of boundless :wink: fun I’ve had with my guild buddies which all told has been the greatest part of the game, this is the most fun I’ve had in a single night (might surprise the Purple Rain ladies):

@CosmicMermaid, @believablyme, and @PixelatedTwix were streaming on a Friday night and wanted to go to a very purple exo and I volunteered to go as their bodyguard. I fell behind in the stream (I’m a twitch nub and didn’t know how to get back to live) so I was a solid 15+ seconds behind their decisions and as they are notoriously distractible it was a comically uncoordinated effort.

I was running all over, taking out mobs, and I’d hear “Uh oh where’s Dutch” in the stream and realize we were going opposite directions. Then I’d hear “Oh he’s been talking in game chat” like 5 minutes later :sweat_smile:. The best part was when I saw a meteor fall and they were heading right towards it and I quickly went between game chat and stream chat to warn them away
 then red dots everywhere. Sure enough, a minute later they start cracking up after seeing “There’s a meteor over there! I can’t handle that!” 
 “RUN”

I’m sure this doesn’t read as hilarious as it was but I am genuinely lol’ing right now remembering the whole thing. And aside from the 10 minute arc they spent hiding out in a hollow dark glass cube surrounded by elite cuttletrunks I desperately tried to draw away, which ended with them finally coming out safely only for a meteor to strike right by us and wipe (I think all four of) us out, it was a very successful trip! :grin:

Boundless has created so many unique gaming experiences for me these last two years and I look forward to many, many more!

14 Likes

I have a lot of good and fantastic memories within boundless, but my favorite is the work on the guild project. We were building a city on planet Kada for the guild, around a center guild place and factory, hidden within a mountain, that looks like a cuttlepunk.
Plan:

Current state, from skyview.

Thanks to all guild members and especially to Amandapan for their great plans, ideas, collecting resources and work on the realization.

Xyx

21 Likes

My favourite memory was probably when we held a couple of giveaways on my channel, allowing people from my little community to join me playing the game! ^-^
We held it in Minecraft, as it’s a game most people had and held mini compositions of building, fighting, and minigames to give people points, then we put those with points names into a hat, and picked a winner!! It was really fun playing with them and they even joined me in later streams! ^-^

We have a lot of fun playing together on boundless, and yes, they do prefer it to Minecraft! Xd

7 Likes