WS: you should make this the free PS4 game of the month. You’d save the game

WS: you should make this the free PS4 game of the month. You’d save the game

2 Likes

I’m not that much convinced to the free to play gaming formula…

However the in-game shop should be extended. I’ve already spent there like $250 just for cubits :smiley:

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS // ALERT // BREAKING NEWS // ALERT
Boundless is dying, make it free 2 play! Quick!

Jokes aside, good you haven’t played when max online player count was 9 :joy: I can guarantee you the experience wasn’t much different than now. Seriously.

4 Likes

Far too early for that.

What they need is a massive content drop coupled with an advertising blitz/relaunch.

8 Likes

Guys, he didn’t say Free 2 Play, he said “the free PS4 game of the month”

For those of you that don’t know what he means, @Psyborg and @Karokendo, He’s talking about having it be one of the Playstation Plus’ Free Game for 1 month. Anyone who is a PS+ Member during that month would get to play the game for free, as long as they continue to pay for the PS+ Membership.

And Honestly, with how horrible the games have been for PS+ the past 6 months, having Boundless be one for next month would probably be a massive benifit, and see lots of people playing it to try out the game and see if they like it or not.

Plus it would get the name out there more to the Playstation Players.

4 Likes

He also said

There is nooo need to be worried guys.

5 Likes

This:

“In fact, we’re anticipating the game to be a slow burner which steadily grows as the year goes on - hitting a real stride next year.” Steggs on 30.08.2018

2 Likes

Wow a slow burn game that starts dead and improves over time. Wow, so it’s like an Early Access game on Steam!

Tell me, @Karokendo, exactly how many games in Early Access was actually successful and ever made it out of Early Access and right now, years later, is a successful game with lots of players?

Hmm?

Cause out of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of games that went into Early Access and promised to keep working on the game, the actual number of games and devs that kept that promise, and actually worked out, can be counted on your hands.

1 Like

@Jirodyne It’s not for me to decide if it’s a good or bad strategy.

1 Like

Jiro-

For a guy who claims to stop playing this game, you seem to relish in all the negativity with posting 10x a day about the constant gloom and doom. Is the economy so bad in your country that this is what you do now?

7 Likes

This game was well advertised actually, PlayStation did a bunch of articles on this game before early access, during early access, and on release date, steam had it on the front page multiple times.

I don’t feel the game needs ‘to be saved’ at this early stage. However, I agree that securing the title as a PS+ game for a month would be great for the game.

Playstation does give the publisher/developer some cash for using a game their PS+ program. A nice little boost to the bottom line can’t hurt.

PS+ game of month can be a great way to market a game. You know which game was free on PS+ for a month on launch or very close to its launch? Rocket League… and it really helped to boost that game into a mega hit. I’m not suggesting that Boundless would come close to Rocket League numbers, but the extra exposure could be what the game needs (if not soon, further down the line).

3 Likes

I guess this COULD work. It worked for Rocket League.

But RL has turned into a micro-transaction fest. I don’t want to see any more Micros on Boundless.

Just cause I don’t play the game anymore, doesn’t mean I want to see it die. I would love the game to do better and improve so I can come back and enjoy it and have fun. Which is why I still lerk around, tho not as much as before, and still give my doom and gloom opinion on bad changes that would ruin the game.

Because I play a lot of video games, of many different genres, and have seen many games die and grow. Right now? This game is worse than No Man’s Sky, which is saying a freaken lot. But I want the game to be as big and successful as Minecraft.

If you love it then leave it. Seriously. You can also check out how much are you helping, just by looking. at this subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/ . Most people there have this “willing to improve” attitude.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the actual plan.

Releasing early is a good way of sussing out all the problems they’d encounter with a larger population (and were unlikely to hit with us early adopter folk; especially given all the history we had with the game)

1 Like

NMS is awesome. That is all.

8 Likes

Yup, biv and nevir said it first, but I agree a re-release is probably planned into the future after things are weeded out and new content added. Personally I want clothes and different races added. Need at least 4-6 options to suit what ppl are looking for. (Give me something fuzzy and cute!)

As for the OP, I agree. Buuuuut after the bugs are removed and exciting new content added.
Lately a lot of the ps+ monthly freebies seemed kinda meh, so if they play their cards right they might hit at just the right time to interest ppl.

1 Like

The vast majority of those early access games were shovelware and scams with some just reaching for the moon without the infrastructure to back it up. I may be only console lately, but I keep up with gaming news on pc.
Boundless has “some” issues but it is obviously built on a quality foundation. I was originally baffled why it seemed this dev team were taking it slow and came in at a high price point, but i’m seeing the wisdom of it now (assuming the financials are healthy)

The difference being Rocket League started off free. The best free game I’ve ever played, hands down. I’ve played RL since it started over three years ago on PS4. I’ve played thousands and thousands of matches. Ive spent a whopping $6 on keys in over three years.

I’ll be hard pressed to find that kind of value in a game ever again.

1 Like