You know what really Grinds my Gears?

Single holes, in bridges/walkways over water. Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face:
Bonus sadface if the bridge is glass… you can’t see those! Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

Shops that have a portal in a shopping hub… only to find there’s an arrow pointing to the actual location of the shop. Hey you… move your portal. Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face: 2.5 sadfaces
Bonus sadface if it’s a portal to a portal. ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat! Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

Portals behind locked doors out in the middle of nowhere. I would love to use your portal! Listen, i can shut the door for you… and if not, you can’t handle a spitter? Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

Single holes, all the way to lava or mantle. Just put a block over you when you go down… not that hard. Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

That is all! I’m done venting… thank you!

(P.S.) don’t turn this into a “Not having Titans or Blink or dungeons or [fill in the blank with game feature you feel you need, blah blah blah]” Plenty of posts for that, and they are “10 sadfaces” ranked at grinding my gears =P
This is a post about the silly things people do that they may not know get on other players nerves. DON’T BE MEAN… it’s all in good fun!

20 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That was the most pleasant rant I’ve ever read. Rank: :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Free falling with intentions to grapple before you land then missing your grapple. Death. Rank: :frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:

Edit: Using a :frowning: Emoji and the forums change it to :frowning: Rank: :frowning::frowning::frowning:

Edit 2: Still not working, i give up lol

5 Likes

lol, did that once, and my grapple broke. It breaks before it shoots! WTH??

6 Likes

Dropping into a beaconed inescapable hole. Please- if you do this, make a stairway out! I don’t always have a grapple on me if I’m shopping!

3 Likes

Free falling with intentions to grapple before you land then landing your grapple shot! Only to swing like a yo-yo, touch the lava with your toe-toe, and to the sanctum you go-go. I vote no-no. Rank :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::see_no_evil: 3.1
0.1 because i deserve it for spelunking with long range forged iron grapples.

5 Likes

I’ve done that before too lol. Ive also accidentally detached my grapple and fell into lava and panicked, forgetting i still have my grapple equipped and couldve easily pulled myself back out

1 Like

Getting stuck in a player’s Fist made, 1 block hole during a meteor battle while getting chased down by a mighty wildstock. Don’t aim and fire those things at the ground, darn it! Rank: :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

And +1 for portals behind locked doors! And the 2x1’s out in the open but with a single block covering the bottom so that you can’t walk through it. That to me is worse than having it behind a locked door! Rank: :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

3 Likes

You rated bridges with holes over water but what is your rating for bridges with holes over lava? And made of glass? Take the hot bath challenge!

2 Likes

I will find you and chuck a smart stack of snowballs at you if i fall through your bridge :joy::joy:

1 Like

Add ice to the bridge you say? What a fantastic idea!

7 Likes

Wow you are evil :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Use a titanium chisel to make one long skinny 1/4th a block sliver of ice…over lava :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

You know what really grinds one of my gears… The community seems like its dwindling, so many places feel like ghost towns, so many portals closed. This game is awesome and i just want a thriving community and economy!
:unamused:1 disappointed face
Let’s get this game to reach a new peak for amount of players a month lets beat 832 from September! lol it’s a long shot and idk how to make it happen but it would be glad

sing song voice “tis the season to be evil. Trollolololol lolololol”

2 Likes

I do this one.

I have holes in my basement and build where I am building still. I worry that people will come through and fall/die. So I lock my portal to prevent access to my main base. Safety first! :smiley: hehe

2 Likes

Don’t forget to hand them a grapple with Wonky Trigger and Hookshot first! trol lol lol lol lol =p

Getting the “Unplaybale Connection” after your grapple makes connection up a long cliff with lava below. Then your connection is good again just to see your grapple never actually registered with the server and your dead at the bottom of lava lake. :scream::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

Having a friend die in lava, aiming your grapple at his corpse under the lava… thinking youve hooked him so you can pull him out…

…Pulling yourself right into the lava on top your friend’s corpse.

Dying with your crafter from a tiny fall because you forgot to fully feed him a while ago…

2 Likes

Portals at a hub that lead to a 2x1 with a locked door on front.

Why?!

It’s not like I can steal your stuff

5 Likes