You like meta? Let's play CHESS!

Hello Friends,

As if playing the game itself wasn’t consuming enough, lets add layers now!
I have created a functional chess board. And guess what!? The players are the pieces! Introducing: Wizard’s Chess.

There will be a tournament match held on the first Sunday of every month. Prizes will be awarded. 2 Gamemasters will stand on opposite podiums and direct their “pieces” to victory or defeat. Conventional Chess standards and rules apply. Turns are limited to 3 minutes. A judge will be on hand to keep everything fair. We will be live streaming the matches to stir up social interest about the possibilities of this game.

There you have it. I really look forward to seeing how this goes for the inaugural match on October 7th at 3pm. I will use this thread to post reminders of the events. Let’s work together and show the world that Boundless is awesome!
Anyone interested in being a Gamemaster who is a strong chess player please PM me here or on discord. Thank you.

28 Likes

This sounds amazing!

1 Like

Lol. Love the names :smile:

1 Like

This really is awesome, nicely done.

1 Like

Well they are not so much names as a key. I just ran out of text to put a dash or colon as a separator. Essentially what this key means is that in the right hand of the player will be that tool or item. This will identify to the game master which pieces he is controlling by what the players are holding.

1 Like

Gotcha! Like the idea

1 Like

Amazing :ok_hand: Good job @Creegle

1 Like

Love it @Creegle! All you need is a podium for “taken” pieces, maybe label them the greatful dead lol.

Would love to come watch if I’m back in time, maybe offer to be a B-team captain :yum:

2 Likes

Man this looks fun as hell. I don’t have the luxury to sit through long stints of game time like something of this nature might be required but I would definitely enjoy stopping by to watch for a bit or catch a copy of a recording of it to watch in small segments.

1 Like

With timed 3 minute rounds it is designed to move quickly to respect everyone’s time.

1 Like

Speedchess here we come!

1 Like

Okay… thats just awesome! Love it! :smile:

1 Like

While an interesting idea… Would be better if we had a redstone like system, or computing from Feed the Beast, so we could actually make the game without having to use players as pieces.

That would kinda make it a 2 player game though, i love the idea of 64 peeps hitting each other with totems, chisels and what not. It’s boundless battlechess hehe

2 Likes

Omg this is epic bubba! Good build and great idea!!! Cant wait to try it out with ya.

1 Like

Either way, when it gets set up and done, someone BETTER record it. From many different angles.

4 Likes

Excellent! :+1:

1 Like

This Sunday is the match. But we’d need 32 players plus 2 grand Masters to conduct the match. If I see enough RSVP here then I can arrange it.

I’m there. Sign me up for whatever you need. Player/Grandmaster… Consider me just there to do whatever is needed.

I haven’t lost a match in person since i was 8… I lose online all the time though, lol

2 Likes

I love chess :slight_smile: where will this be? I’d be willing to be a grandmaster :wink: or just a piece haha

1 Like