Aoe Spanner not working

This shouldn’t be hard, if the coils that touch each other simply are combined into one health pool like Spark Generators, the need for the AoE boon on spanners being fixed goes down to basically 0.

I agree, especially if they combine the health of connected coils. The removal of AoE boon will make getting the magnetic boon on my spanners easier (I make sonic spanners, since I am in the Time Lords of Boundless guild and our title is Doctor :laughing:)

While this is being worked on, what is the main issue people have with spanners? Is it moving to each individual one or running out of energy? Both? Wondering if some are using spanners without the max ease boon. Totally get 100+ coils takes a while. In the same boat, but it’s usually a 5 min task for me, so curious what others are experiencing

Having a mechanic which in itself is a waste of Play time is the Problem. Repairing Coils or machines does not take away enough materials from the pile/metrics to be worth the time.
In my opinion anyways.

Seems worth it to have machines with power? With forged gem spanners, it’s usually 5 mins here and there. So, changing the game aside, is it just that you find you’re spending too much time doing it and that’s the problem you have with it? If so, how much in game time do you have to spend? Genuinely curious

1 Like

Typically I only spend 10-15min repairing machines when I do go through and repair (been crafting more so this has been daily, but is often less since I craft less normally).

I do have a forged spanner, and skills that make it go farther. So to me its more of the navigation of the coils around the machine, and having to target each one individually. I have a small workshop compared to many people in the game, so I wouldn’t be surprised if others had to spend a lot longer fixing things up.

If people would pay me to come fix all their machines, I would do it. 6k per hour of repair work sound fair? I’m pretty sure 1hr can net you more than that if you are farming something to sell, so even though it sounds like a high price it really can be quite affordable lol.

I imagine Aenea spends that much time if not longer. @Ratchel might as well when he’s making bricks.

3 Likes

15 min tops, mostly due to my shortened playtime at the Moment. I have more time per day to Play then most People i am sure, so in the end it has no effect on me other then doing something utterly boring and time wasting.
It is pointless to discuss schematics as the repair mechanic wont go away anytime soon anyways.
I dont understand why the Coils+ machine cannot be repaired as one block thou.

There are a lot of these mechanics in Boundless where they have a time sink that does not really add anything to the game. Re-tilling portions of fields after harvesting does nothing, standing around waiting for your energy to regenerate does nothing, repairing any machine does nothing as examples. If we are looking for places where we spend time and really do not accomplish anything or advance then I think there are a lot of places where this happens in game. Personally, they need to look at all of it and not only a portion of it.

2 Likes

I have nearly 700 extraktor coils to repair every day :unamused: :unamused::unamused: plus the other coils and machine s…
That costs a Lot of time and i have Family and i m working so my time IS very short 2 hours a day nearly half of IT i m repairing but i Like also to build or Mining my self and Not only repair my machine so i can produce cheap ancient Essence for the Community.

A new machine would be great to repair IT with all coils together , i would also be Happy with a aoe spanner

2 Likes

Any respond from the Devs yet ?

Wow I’m shocked that this issue has been going on for over a year and still not fixed. Least I know not to bother buying AoE spanners for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

So uh… @james

LOL guys -

We’re like a year into this, it’s “working as intended”.

Never give up, no no no
I won’t give up, no no no

2 Likes

Boys, the time has come. Heaven has arrived. :relieved:

/thread

4 Likes

Let me love you

This thread will die and become dust! Return to which you came! We hoped and wished time and time for this but we have received a better gift…good bye AOE spanner dream and HELLO FUTURE!!! Sleep well old thread!

1 Like

So happy for this updates QOL Improvement for repairing!!!

not yet it wont!

still have to individually repair every coil it appears…

1 Like