Boundless Multiverse

It’s okay I know I’ll never be happy because I’ll never be able to make Bob a fat body :rofl:

How I envision Bob

tenor (3)

3 Likes

Is would be hilarious to see citizens with beer style bellies lol

4 Likes

Seeing comments on advertising the game reminds me of a previous revelation that if even 10,000 people bought the game for the first time the servers couldn’t handle them. So here’s how I think WS came to this decision, and the best case scenario if it plays out this way:

You can’t advertise to millions if only thousands can play. First, introduce rental worlds so the early player base can build a foundation to help expand the live universe in tandem with the natural world spawn system, in case the mmo population blows up at an unexpected rate. Then add single player to make it a complete game that you can play locally and offline, as it should be.

Then you advertise the game to millions, not selling it as an mmo but as an open world sandbox voxel game with the best visuals in the genre and an ever-expanding mmo universe.

Get thousands of people playing it for the first time, seeing that it’s better than Minecraft, and a percentage of them will join the mmo. And since there would be so many more new players than pre-multiverse veterans, the majority of the population will be overwhelmed with possibilities as it is. Updates that we might consider overdue will be crazy new additions to people who aren’t tired of meteor hunts yet.

All part of the plan.

13 Likes

That’s how I imagine Bob.

4 Likes

Titans? New hunter mob? Finish these first and give us a road map pls? We are losing core people

2 Likes

Fake news

1 farming update, i see really less bad coments, and nobady say this ruin tue game

1. Shop Scanner bad for the game, yes this is true , you see no player exploring for shops, malls usless since the Update.

2. The Problem is the creative worlds, we allready lose player on this worlds, less player in the main universe = less enconomy

2 Likes

That’s a lie

Most people discovered a lot of new places thanks to the scanner.
Before the scanner we had to run to the very same shops every time to save time.

Even now you don’t have to keep going to the same shop, you can find new ones more frequently.

14 Likes

I dont like to explore malls, takes too much time, especially if im trying to find a particular thing. Shop scanner allows me to find what i want without the fustration the malls can give when you didnt have shop scanner.

5 Likes

Even I wouldn’t use malls without shop scanner lol

9 Likes

Im both happy and appalled at the same time; im happy for the game becoming larger and more inclusive by adding singleplayer, and i am appalled by a community so entitled and immature in its reaction to such a basic and necessary addition to the game.

Like a lot of oldtimers, im looking forward to a much needed hunting and content update, but to throw a tantrum about it shows both a lack of understanding of the development cycles and a blatant disregard for mature discourse.

No thread on this board disappointed me as much as this one did.

16 Likes

Honestly I kind of lay this one at the feet of the devs as far as responsibility goes.

Know what could have prevented all this?

7 Likes

If your roadmap posts weren’t so self aware of being repetitive and everywhere, I would be irritated.

6 Likes

I forget who made the image originally. @ghandymarshall maybe?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Examples of Game Roadmaps beyond Official Release

If I had a dime for every time I heard that over the years I would have a butt ton of dimes :rofl:

14 Likes

throws spare change at Jeff

6 Likes

no throw dimes!!

6 Likes

Arrgh. You made me laugh out loud at work. The lady I share an office with is getting suspicious about me being on my phone. Lol

7 Likes

Maybe you can get her to play boundless so she understands

2 Likes

Lol nah. Not guilty of that one…I don’t think.