Boundless Trade Network - Now Automated

determining if a request basket is accessible is not really viable with this scanner. We’re investigating the cases though and have some ideas regarding filtering. It should get easier in the future, but for now you’re right, there are some hidden baskets.

Keep in mind that you can also try digging under the place, put yourself where there’s only a 2 block high space underneath, then return to sanctum and back. That will get you in if they haven’t set the beacon to block warps (which most people don’t do).

1 Like

Haha, great, thanks, didn’t know I can be a Cat Burglar in Boundless!! :rofl:

My luck, I’ll warp in without seeing the big guild meeting going on behind the camera view… “Oh hai! :flushed: Um, yeah, nice place, just wanted to take a look… I’ll be going now!” Haha.

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who has provided support and feedback. I have some updates to the site I wanted to outline here.

Shop Page Updates:

• Reworked the UI a little to help make things flow a little better.
  • Added a filter for type and a dedicated item field search.
  • Reworked the back-end distance calculation to properly use the distance formula and now display the actual distance in the table.
  • The distance column has a <= filter.
  • The default sort order is now by distance.
  • Page now shows shop owner’s name.
  • Embedded boundless-maps.com to show shops location

Search Updates:

• Added shops to search results and minor UI adjustments.

New Shop Connections Feature:

You can now create a new “shop” (or edit an existing one) and select the type “Hub”. Hubs can have connections made to them from other shops.

There are 2 connection types, “Portal” and “Site”.

Portal: Select this option if people go to this hub and then take a portal to your shop or hub. (ex Portal Seekers Shopping Hubs)

Site: Select this option if your shop / hub is nearby or within this hub. (ex malls)

To connect your shop to a hub, go to your shop page and click the navigation item labeled “Add Connection”:

From the add shop connection interface, you can search for a hub and setup your connection type. If it’s a portal that leads to your shop, the portal location is required.

You might also notice that there is a verification process for hubs. The verification process is a manual one that requires some ownership research and physical location validation.

If you own a network/mall and add hubs that you’d like to have verified, please PM me here or contact me via Discord (Fuzzy#1000). It may take some time but I will try and get them verified as soon as I can.

Item View Updates:

• Added median price and order counts above order tables.

There is still a lot of work to do but please keep the constructive feedback coming.
Thanks!

7 Likes

The embedded map is a nice touch, but I’m wondering if it might a bit excessive to load and display it each time by default, for example when there might be mobile users only trying to update a few things for their shop. Maybe a button that expands and loads it only when pressed?

Otherwise I like the changes and the site in general has been very helpful, just set up my shop’s connection to the Lamblis hub. I’m assuming the other PS hubs will be added soon as well.

One thing I’m really missing is a “Last Updated” column with relative time. Seems more clear and intuitive than only the “Expires” column.

For quality of life, the search result table could directly display the closest shop and its connection info (since travel instructions can be several lines and more customizable they might not work so well). That should be quite helpful once more players added their data.

2 Likes

No, no, please don’t do that, the reply will be like:

“I mean there’s a colum showing when the data will expire. the expiry time is 3 days so you can subtract”

I guess this helps some people.
Im more of a “look and buy” type of guy.
I keep it old school.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with this at all. If someone wants to blacklist something for their own personal use, then thats fine, but to create a public blacklist is not good.

It opens up pathways for abuse, if someone or a group of people have it out for some one else.

It opens up pathways for False positives, This data is obviously not real time. Therefore the item/stand in question might be gone by the time someone reaches it, and then they report it because they thought it was a lure.

It opens up pathways for misunderstandings. The program is able to collect information that may not be ascertainable via normal game play. for example shop stands that are locked behind locked doors that may be designed only for guild use. And therefore a player might report this when they can’t find the shop stand.

Why should any of the above mentioned situations (and other cases) be punished and publicly named and shamed by having their shop name and/or location on a „boycott“ warning list?

If people can NOT understand that there is a large RISK in trying to market based off of stale data and based off of data that may not be intended for the public eye to see. Then they should not use your tool.

The moment you add public blacklists. You have crossed some lines that are maybe bad to cross. All it takes is one mistake. One innocent person who is incorrectly punished because of a mistake. And then we have a major problem.

4 Likes

I’m old school too, but sometimes in the past I spent more time to sell something than the time to acquire… And than I just stopped to sell, and buy only brews. I found this service very usefull and in my opinion is good for the game life, i also discovered some new places around.

2 Likes

the maps are pretty big, you’re right. Didn’t think of that :S

You’re right. To reduce this problem I proposed to make it default off. There are a lot of people asking us to filter the site and help identify abuse right now. I feel like this idea is better than others proposed right now. That doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, just brainstorming at this point really. I’m looking for more ideas.

same! There’s some nice shops and nice locations out there!

1 Like

The problem still exists even if the default is off. You are publicly hosting a list of or the shop names and/or locations (which can be manually converted to names) that you have deemed to be „bad“ and therefore can damage reputations. There are many innocent explanations for the behaviors that might look like abuse as I mentioned in my other post.

No good can come from publicly hosting a „List“ of any kind that suggests something bad. The only thing I feel you can do is to silently suppress results of people who are abusing the system, but even then, that might not be good enough in my book, While this will remove the name and shame part of it, this leaves whatever financial impact this might have on them in the event this tool and website really takes off and becomes important to being successful.

Bottom line from me is.

I do not support the idea of a „list“ that is publicly visible, that can infer negativity about another player.

Rather or not I support the idea of suppressing results without the use of publicly displaying the information, would depend on how you intend to try to prove if someone is abusing the system vs something more innocent.

I would prefer it if it was left as is, and for people to learn to deal with the >> Assumption of Risk << of using your website.

1 Like

Instead of calling it a Boycott List or Blacklist then, perhaps give it a more neutral term, like List of Possibly Inaccessible Locations?

3 Likes

I agree. It’s possible that this abuse becomes less of a problem once the drama blows over too. Maybe we won’t have to do much at all.

I think right now I’m favoring this too. Just trying to see if there’s some ingenious idea to help people out a bit more.

1 Like

I’m just gonna add my agreement that there shouldn’t be any kind of public “boycott” or "possibly inaccessible " list of any kind.

For personal use, sure. Go for it.

But any kind of public list that is even .1% questionable turns ppl away and can be abused by reporting someone for total bs reasons.
It’s like a permanent wall of shame.

1 Like

… Another addition might be, if you have it, add on a link like “I own something that is mistakenly on this list” so it can be challenged, and also add some wording that lets people know that listings could be in error. That plus a title that isn’t too accusing seems fair to me. My vote is to have it, as I probably wasted half an hour trying to hunt down request baskets I couldn’t get to. That turns me off using it to find them, so I’d rather have the option. But I understand the other side though, it could really upset some people, especially if it sounds like an accusation.

but anyone could do that even if it’s not theirs. I feel like this is prone to the same issue. I’m not sure if we can figure out a better solution.

1 Like

@AeneaGames Why are you so sad? These people are trying to do something nice for the community and you are constantly treating them poorly. Try to think about the amount of work these people are putting into this, with no form of compensation, and for what? They are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. I think they deserve an apology.

5 Likes

The problem here is

. >> Everybody lies <<

The guilty are just as likely to press this button as the innocent are and find a way to fast talk themselves out of it,

In fact it might even be slightly more likely the guilty use the button as the innocent may not even be aware this has happened.

And this doesn’t resolve the problem of there being a list that infers something bad. Even if it gets limited exposure. It takes time and work to prove one way or another and correct the problem, meanwhile it created a problem and may have caused damage while the problem gets fixed.

1 Like

That’s bloody rich, I am treating THEM poorly? :joy:

1 Like

Reminds me of a commodity market in other MMOs. I guess we unofficially have one now! Great work!

3 Likes

Yeah, I could see that trying to investigate and sort it all out would be an unnecessary time sink for the creators, too.

Simoyd is right, probably just not a perfect solution here. I’ll maybe give it another shot, and simply save the really good ones to my location list for the time I think I’ll be using them.

2 Likes