CANCELED: Forging Changes

I’m not really that cut up about it you know, it was said more in a jovial way.
Maybe I should edit in a “chill, it wasn’t for resell and I don’t even own a shop”
Might cut off any more smug posts that think an evil merchant just got owned :slight_smile:

Sure thing

This. Just listen to the players and make a fun game. Nobody wants to play Soviet Union Similator.

3 Likes

Or if they don’t think forging costs are high enough just add wax to everything.

1 Like

WoW lived off its peak. Its not such a success story as you and most blizzard pressreleases make it out to be. If the game was such a sucess they wouldnt have fired so many ceo’s and changed the entire board so many times or get bought and thrown into complex company merges.

It did make money yes, but becouse the game were great, they did ruin it step by step, and wow had had some pretty steeep dropps in population you dont here much about.

And dont use how much money a game has made, especially when you just talk about income and sales and not profit!

I mean the most profitable/sold/eaten food in my country is frozen pizza.
It doesnt make frozen pizza the best food around though…

God, i’m not excited at all for farming. I just hope it isn’t absolutely terrible.

Or use pure compound and transmutation. There other ingredients out there.

This is a bad idea, have you tried forging a slingbow? There are so many boons is so hard to get what you want. I rather have the right boons and 1-2 quirks than a tool without the boons I need specially at max forging quirks wouldn’t make much of a difference.

I’m not saying Blizzard is the best ever, or to mimic Blizzard or anything.

But to completely dismiss the game and company is foolish from a business standpoint. You have to see what worked for them and what didnt and try not to mimic their failures and try to utilize their successes and see how those successes relate to your business and product/s.

But to completely dismiss them? That seems silly to me strictly from a business perspective.

2 Likes

Ive never said to dismiss them, i actually said that wonderstuck should learn from their mistakes instead of doing the same as them.

Blizzard made an good game (vanilla) but it wasnt as much the product as it was the timing and the fact that the mmo market was ready.

The market is alot harder now then it was back then.

An good product, luck, weak competition and a market that was ready and hungering for that product is the story behind the success.

After the first 1-3 years its all downhill due to bad decisonmaking. Watering out their product and playing it safe, dumbing down mechanics etc.

I’m just going off what you said… the quote above is literally what prompted me to respond.

Heck, I’m not even disagreeing with what you said. The only difference between us is that I feel they should be inspired, even if the inspiration is to do exactly opposite of what Blizzard did, by WoW and by Blizzard.

Even in your last post you kinda walked back what you said in the above quote. So, our viewpoints might not be different at all. :wink:

1 Like

LoL i dont think they are. Seems like the only difference is that im bitter at blizzard for ruining a game which meant alot to me st an early age.

Haha, im the same with from software over bloodborne and dks3 vs dks 1 and 2.

Hmm, i hope i aint turned into a bitter naysayibg hipster…

Ill just live life in the belief that my viewpoints are valid. And not based on nostalgia.

Its atleast clear to me that my bitterness clouds my abilty to dechiper others meaning.

Thank you for helping me see we agree, lol.

Im’a take a break now. :v:t2::v:t2:

1 Like

please do not nerf the forging , its my happiness people have different wants and my hobbies are forging , some are building and some are selling things. If you will nerf the forg you will make us sad and less motivated to play the game :frowning: ive been playing the whole day and night just because i enjoy it so much but if you will take that enjoyment from us every time you change the game you will lose most of the players like me. I hope you will not touch the forging. PLEASE DONT please.

2 Likes

Thank you for canceling this planned update. I recognize your interest in trying to encourage favorable atmospheres for those under 30 hours but by making things less attainable such as a perfect Uber Gem Hammer denies the game its very name. I feel they should be adding to whatever they have in order to fix problems rather than mess with what exists. (A semi-permanent product is why you had to release it, ready or not) I personally try to help the economy by mass forging titanium tools and selling them around 5k to 10k. Thats an easy amount for any player who has experience points into the power skill and luck skill to make in an hour of gathering and selling to request baskets and allows them to mine on gem level worlds. Power wall? increase gem abundance.

I would like to see the game expand. I know its asking for alot, but i would like to see some more unique planets at tiers 3/4 Maybe planets made completely of gravel like mars where one can find an abundance of those spiky plants or an ash blast world with low elevation lava and tons of hoppers. Make it bound less, and along with that stretch out the solar system to make it require more a network and segregate planets from other planets thus causing rarity and desirability and opportunity while boosting rough oortstone drops to assist travel. Let us do more with the time we have.

Like others i have found myself in a cycle of gather forge mine repeat. I recently was able to add building to the mix and an occasional hunt. Id like to see you elaborate on these ideas and maybe segregate them as categories a bit more, maybe with new Epic skills?

I am enjoying the game but i want to be able to take advantage of everything it offers before they nerf something again. I plead that they think twice about limiting anything.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see this rollback. Please for a good time I think we need only “pluses” and no “minuses”, the balance can wait, and give us, players, a little more time to settle up things (Are we “Over Forging”?)
I think we will start seeing more users buying mid-level forged stuff. Who doesn’t want to play a bit with a 400 forged hammer? Surely I’m. But I won’t spend that kind of coins for my every day tasks.

That absolutely do not work as well. And of course I’ve forged slingbows. Exactly it’s already hard to get what you want. I’d rather more positive options than to be forced with quirks and defects. That do inevitably make a difference in the quality of the weapons. Besides I’m not even saying do it this way lol. I’m just giving a suggestion that’s better than what they are thinking.

Spending way too much time trying to balance this game around mid-level content.

Which game? D3? D3 is still anazing. Thank oortia they got rid of the auction house.

1 Like

Im a hardcore pvper so dark souls 3 was a major step back pvpwise compared to dark souls 2.

I have several thousands of hours just pvping spread over the games. Average 2 hours a day from fall 2010 to januar 2018. So aporx 5000 hours atleast spread 30% dks 1 50% dks 2 and 20% dks 3.

In dks 2 im more or less undeafetable when im warmed up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I thought you were talking about Diablo. :slight_smile:

Just saw that you mistook dark souls for diablo. But diablo 3 also really suffers from the same.

I mean diablo 2 with the enourmos char building freedom and the uniqness of each build. Compared to the clusteophobic cookiecutter builds that were once only option in diablo 3. The game and especially the char developlent was so insanly linear </3