Diamond mining pain

Potential changes for bombs, or hammers?

I would love to see the hammer as the prime tunneling tool.

Maybe give it an “charged” hit that bursts through multiple rocks in a row.

1 Like

You don’t need to respect anything for bombs. I use forged iron bombs mining with no points in any bomb masteries, just the normal power ones I have for my hammer setup.

1 Like

First try to go far away from the portals, you will have less chances to find an already harvested spot, look on your Atlas for a good place and go to level 10.
Also bring a couple of full stacks of stone chisels, it’ll help you a lot. And be careful with the lava, always have gravel or sand to stop it spreading.
You have to be patient, mining with hammers takes time, and you need to find the way that fits you.
I just came from Alcyon with 72 diamonds in my pockets, but be aware that the mobs there are pretty hard, they kill me twice until I could find a good spot :slight_smile:

So 20-40 is just less number of diamonds veins? Or smaller veins?
Cause I’ve been found those relatively easy on levels 20-27 last few times i was mining.
biggest vein was actually on 27, but that could have been pure luck on my side.

In all fairness gems should be a pain to get ^^

2 Likes

Would it be possible to better explain/buff the centraforge to make AoE hammer mining more competitive with bomb mining? (Please don’t just need bomb mining, it was a pain to get it working right in the first place)

I played through a lot of he beta, but I still have only vague ideas of how the centraforge works, and I have never been successful in forging anything onto even an iron hammer.

I don’t know how it is supposed to work, but I have wasted resources trying. For now it’s just a set of prestige blocks in the corner of my workshop.

4 Likes

You can get them above 20 but there are fewer. Sweet spot is around 10 at least in my experience.

I haven’t tried looking for any gems yet, but if it’s anything like it was last time it shouldn’t be that hard. If it is, there’s some sort of problem with the overall process/evolution to become good enough to mine them.

When I was diamond mining I did traditional strip mining from mantle upwards (as high as 50, always close to lava under water) and raised my lines up and down a few blocks as I went along, all the while thoroughly looking with my grapple. I stuck to the same direction each time I went out in order to avoid lava. I found many that way. And I’m looking forward to trying chisels when I return to it.

My advice is try to find a spot away from where everyone else is mining :wink: hard I know :disappointed: but spending points on the protection needed is essential, right up to the max.

Everyone is different. Bombs may be effective for some, chisels and hammers for others.

Bombs may be good, but the fact they’re tricky to make puts many people off using them and sticking with what they know best (strip mining).

You are the better man. Forgive my rudeness… Really. I was just super frustrated with what felt like an utter waste of my time.

3 Likes

@boundmore has a 4 part high detail forge series on YouTube, really worth it if you want to know a lot of detail. @Jiivita also has great vids covering just about everything
Oort Waves

2 Likes

Remember that diamonds need 60+ blocks above them to spawn. So if you mine under surface that is let say @70ish, then you won’t see diamonds above 10. It happened to me that when I moved away from below a mountain, I could only find diamonds below 10.

All is well. If I had a dollar for every time I got salty on the internet, I could retire at age 36, buy a yaught and spend the rest of my days playing Boundless 16 hours each.

Bomb can heal / energy regen / remove negative status.
Also it can regen the world, use it as damage tool, knock off effect … etc.
A lot of other usages for the bomb.

:smirk: must be… :sunglasses: … a swiss army bomb…

ok I show myself out.

1 Like

Is serpen any good for diamond mining cant seem to find any unbombed areas

That’s the problem - too much traffic.

I went three times, always had some people around me, and was hitting bombed areas; managed to pull out 20+ diamonds in some 3 hours mining.

Got some titanium and plenty medium and hard coal at least (around 400 and 100 respectively).

This universe really needs additional gem worlds. Also for scarce surface resources.

1 Like

Got to find the right spots :wink: got 200 diamonds Everytime I go mining for them.

2 Likes

Can’t you tell me the right spot spent 3 days and got 100

The bombs miners are just clearing up, good luck trying to find diamonds in any amount without them, I manage to find a few on occasion the old fashioned way, this is on hotspots with nobody around. I can see me having to invest in bombs just to keep up as clearly this is the way the devs envisioned gem mining to be and anyone who doesn’t bomb mine is essentially wasting their time.

2 Likes