Favourite way to earn Cs

Oh I see where you are going wrong, and good news is that you need to switch to the cheaper alternative Corrupt 1. This gives 400 boon points and with 200% effectiveness this becomes 800 points. You are currently filling a bar with 2000 boon points when there is only room for 1000.

Then take defect Reversal Catalyst and when the defect bar is getting too high for comfort, use that.

Take Protection Paste 2 and Fate paste 2. Protection makes your stability last longer and Vigor Catalyst is already prolonging your Vigor.

Basic steps… set the boons as you are already doing.

Then repeat the next cycle until the forge is complete.

Gum x1 (or x2) for the boon you want to level up.
Protection paste x1
Fate Paste x1
Corrupting boon x3
Vigor Catalyst 2
Repeat using the gum of choice

After 2 cycles of this Defect Reversal, or thereabouts. Always Defect Reversal after you have cleared with the Vigor Catalyst not before.

Set and walk away for 1 hour and then enjoy breaking rocks!!

Sometimes you can change the above sequence to Protect x2 and Fate x1 then Corrupting boon x5. This is slightly more efficient as long as you have enough vigor and stability to do this sequence. But sticking to the above method will basically guarantee your 3x3 T6 hammer.

If you want to play with quirks switch out for draining boon compound 1 and quirk transmute solvent. It’s slightly more complicated but allows the possibility of even more epicness if you get lucky (like my latest quirky freak… an Amethyst Hammer that 1 shots T7 at 107 action speed!!!)

Oh and edit: Bravo on you for simply experimenting and actually getting results. Not many people are prepared to give it a go and just try things. This is how I’ve managed to find alternative methods for forging harder things such as totems but I had the luxury of money to spare on ingredients that you don’t.

5 Likes

Through Nova Golda!

Portals at DK’s Ultima Tree on Eresho, Nova Golda Mini Market (across Jacey’s Mall) and in the 2x2 shop area near the main hub.

From there go down and hop into the Hunt Hive (which is Orrian’s), Slingbow Depot is there as well of course…

Dunno why ppl think im reaping loads of coins from footfall. true we are getting quite a lot but almost all of it goes back into community to buy shards and oortstones for the portals. or the maintance costs and building blocks. O_o

1 Like

I check here and there on forum to see if i can get contract or sell them what they are in needs.

@wakeNbake seriously thank you for that! That’s awesome. And I feel silly about the corrupt 2 :laughing: it’s so blatantly obvious now haha but excellent news!

I’m gonna give it a go right now I’ve just logged on! Just need to make some defect reversal!

I actually made a tonne of forge ingredients after hoarding loads of animal drops and decided to sell them. So when I did decide to forge I had a nice stock to experiment with, starting to run out of certain things now though.

Thanks again :smiley:

I guess you know now why you don’t have all the money due. :slight_smile: I guess I should turn off my fraction skimmer and just go back to sitting down in front of the portal and having a sign up begging for coin… :slight_smile:

In fairness, considering the amount of infrastructure you have to support and some of the dynamics of the game I don’t even know how you keep it all going. So as much I tout wanting footfall gone, I would never want it gone till we’ve found a way to keep things sustainable in the type of endeavor you are focused on. Or at least something in place that lets you do other stuff or lowers stress.

90% of the upkeep cost i can cover from footfall. rest im covering with guild donations and things i sold to request baskets of other ppl.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is actually my main source of income, and has been for quite some time now. Me and @Nightstar made a few posts/comments around the forum after the Chrysominter was released, about good ways to do so.

Growth is still a decent choice since you’re getting shimmering orbs you can sell to players, more so if you forge your own 3x3s, but otherwise fossils (i.e. ancient essence) are good too because they’re easily found when mining on certain worlds.

And the amount I get from footfall is pretty small and it all disappears pretty quickly into my request baskets at Nova Golda’s CC, especially since I hoard some materials I am not that likely to use up so soon – what I get from my sales shop stands there is pretty irregular too.

Now give me your quantum footfall skimmer, so I can secretly install it at a few places… :joy:

One more note on this - a good mining binge on a T7 exo can set you for a long time financially. :slight_smile: Even just selling the gems to baskets. That is one thing to plan for sure if you can, stockpile some hammers, pies, and be on the ready. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s very true. I have a bad habit of mass crafting decorative gems when I get them though, so shiny :laughing: I think my next few mining and gathering and even hunting trips may well be to sell whatever is collected

1 Like

Hey no problem, happy to help and hopefully others read this and get some help out of it too. Don’t worry about the compound 3 thing, you aren’t the only one to make that mistake. This method will work on all types of gem equipment, even Topaz and Sapphire 95% of the time, as long as you have enough coils. And of course it can be applied to anything: tools, weapons and slingbows.

Want a set of max range grapples? Take some emerald grapples, use Longevity gum for range, effect gum for reel speed and lightness gum for projectile speed. Prioritise the Range first to lvl 10, the projectile speed second to level 10 and then whatever is left to reel speed. These things sell like hotcakes for around 10k each and you can forge 5 at a time with 100 of each ingredient. I guarantee you’ll kill yourself and your customers many many times over with them!! :joy:

5 Likes

You literally just described my own situation, down to the 1m and everything :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’d like to see that forge sometime.

Sure man, next time I’m off work I can show you the misery of this, haha.

2 Likes

I just play conservatively, so my cash doesn’t fluctuate too much. Most of my income is from footfall across about ten beacons, and I occasionally sell some goods at my shops.

1 Like

Where is your shop? I have a lot of essence

Hello neighbour
I made enough money selling forged items, especially hammers. Now I think there is not as much benefit as before in forged items. I would recommend you look for stores that people ask for and sell it.

1 Like

Sorry I’m currently overwhelmed with offers of Essence since mentioning it in this thread, lol.

2 Likes

I might rename the topic now to Buy and sell fresh essence :laughing:

But thanks everyone. Its nice to have an insight into what everyone else is doing!

3 Likes

I made my first coin also by hunting daily and selling oorts. its worth about 40-50k from the 2 hour hunt plus you have other materials. Today its forging. Its not as quick and stable as the daily hunts, but more “brain employing” and as I gather all materials myself, I can sell it for cheap or donate.

Very seldom I buy something, so what for we need coins when everything lies out there :laughing:

@wakeNbake I placed some “Prime Meat” in my shop for 0.5c if you want it for Essences. Directions in my profile.

1 Like