Footfall status after Release 211

I love irony :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yea, I shouldnt just play the game i paid for, and have spent a decent amount of money on. I should stop that and go play and build on a test server which, I am sure gets wiped every so often. Not my cup of tea. No other MMO i have played has asked me to test their game for free after paying for it.

Too dramatic? calculate whats coming in, and how much guild are going to have to pay for buffs. and since there is 100 people limit. There is even more guilds then actually needing. That money is deleted from the game.

The game can not keep going at that rate. It will end coin flow. And the devs have said its how they intended the footfall to work. So its not a bug. just a feature to delete even more playerbase.

They’re not being over dramatic.

Think about it. We earn hardly any coin from footfall. Game asks us for up to 160k to power a single guild buff for a week. We continue to earn little to nothing from footfall. More coin keeps getting pushed into machines for buffs. That coin never goes back into the economy. It vaporizes into thin air. Eventually, there’ll be no coin because like in the real world, it doesn’t grow on trees. It has a source. In this game the only true source is Footfall. It’s the only mechanic in the game that generates it.

That may be my misunderstanding. I thought we were talking about the bug where footfall disappeared altogether. Which is why we were talking about the test server at all.

If we were actually talking about a balance issue where footfall has been purposely reduced, then obviously all of comments were irrelevant.

No other MMO you have played has been so transparent about it. All games are tested by players, because no amount of testing can simulate what will happen when the game is in the hands of the actual fans, or in this case, haters.

I honestly don’t understand how the game still has so many players, considering half the player base seems to complain about every facet of the game the entire time.

This is irrelevant, not what my point was at all.

Games will always have bugs and need updates.

My point was that you were, at the very least, implying that the current issues were somehow the players fault.

BTW, this is by no means me having a go at the devs, just at the implications of the post above.

We are talking about the fact, if the small playerbase actually plays the game daily and visits places. Itll end up cutting off all footfall. You seem like one of the people that will back the devs no matter the fault. I know this isnt a HUGE AAA game. but you cant down someone for not wantint to spend time on a build on a test server.

The current state of the game will end coin in game. Nothing else needs to be said. Do math.

1 Like

I cannot see a single person in this thread or any of the other related threads that could be classed as a ‘hater’. Personally speaking, I absolutely love this game and want to see it succeed. But I can foresee major problems if this issue isn’t addressed properly and that honestly makes me fear for the game’s future.

1 Like

Nope, I was not:

Please tell me you think this is the final version of this game?

I am going to have to drop out of this thread, as I don’t feel this discussion is going to get anywhere.
This game is being tested by players, and that is not going to change anytime soon.
Some people seem to have a huge problem with that, will not participate or accept that fact, and will instead complain loudly about the outcomes.

1 Like

We’re not ignoring this issue. It’s still flagged as a known issue and under investigation:

Reporting what you’re getting in comparison to what you used to get is helpful - so please do this. Try to be precise rather than general.

3 Likes

I would like to know what is counted as ‘a visit’.

Say I have 2 beacons, beacon 1 is surrounding beacon 2 completely, a player steps unto beacon 1’s plots, it’s counted as a visit for beacon 1. Then steps on beacon 2’s plots, it’s counted as a visit for beacon 2.

That makes total sense, so far.

But what if the player walk straight ahead and then, again, steps on plots of beacon 1.

Is that ANOTHER visit? or is it still counted as the same visit?

I know that even if it is counted as another visit that it would not give any footfall since this player won’t give any more footfall until 24 hours have passed.

But.

IF it IS counted as another visit AND this visit count is used to determine the drop-off for other player visits then that is where the problem might be…

its number of players who visited, not number of visits that occured.

2 Likes

And in this case that player is not counted twice? So it keeps a list of players who visited per beacon?

each settlement has a map of (mayor, character) to visit time of when that character last visited a beacon owned by the mayor in that settlement (excluding beacons with <10K prestige after last update).

so yes, not counted twice.

Is the visit time being updated in this scenario? Ok, granted, that will save a few minutes, but still.

And am assuming that the code assumes ‘mayor’ is beacon owner?

yes mayor = beacon owner here. and yes, visit time will be updated when character second time walks into a beacon (with >10K prestige) of that owner in that settlement.

Hmm, ok, still, wish I still received the same as before, not way less as is now the case…

Sorry to jump in here, and forgive me if I misunderstand.

If the visit timer updates everytime a citizen entered a Beacon, even inside 24 hours, surely that is where their may be an issue, eg:

If a citizen visits a Beacon every 23 hours, then you would never receive coin from that citizen after the initial visit?

3 Likes

Yes, that is how it has always worked (only it used to be 1 month, not 24hr)

If thats the case, you are punishing the players actually being boundless by opening shops and mall, etc. and rewarding the lazy ones with the small square shops :expressionless: makes no sense at all.

1 Like

My understanding of the previous system was that the timer reset after 24 days from the initial visit?

Ie, visits on 1st feb, revisit as many times as they like until 24th with no coin, but after the 24th receive coin from visit, then repeat?

3 Likes