Free to play?

This is generally what I want to say on a lot of posts here haha!

6 Likes

yep, had to quit that one, lols. beautiful world to ride around and fight in but oh boy…

2 Likes

Yup lol. Most of the time I’m thinking “please don’t listen to any of us…just keep doing what you do”

5 Likes

If all of us knew better then none of us would be here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Your 3rd option wouldn’t stop the ftp player from accessing blocks they cannot craft. They could easily gain coin and end up buying the blocks they wish.

First off, it was a suggestion. Which is what the forums are for. Secondly, it wasn’t so much what I want per se… it was a suggestion. And finally, at this point, we have literally zero feedback from James/Devs regarding game progression. Apart from Rental planets and on the whole They add next to no extra content to the game? Other than us having another place to build.

My main aim from this post was really trying to get some feedback about game progression from the devs. To know what’s going on :sweat_smile::joy:

Yup. & there’s nothing wrong with your suggestion/thread at all :+1:

I wouldn’t say we’ve had zero feedback exactly. I think when a lot of people don’t hear what they want to, they take it as silence or no communication at all. Not saying that’s you, just an overall observation imo.

Adding rental/creative planets will be a big content addition. Along with the furniture thing, shields, etc.

I am in the same boat with everyone that would like lots of customizations/cosmetics, transportation, mobs, temples, etc. It would also be nice to see a bunch more players running around. Perhaps rentals will open that up :blush:

7 Likes

Furniture Thing? What furniture thing? (Pulls the hype train out of its box)

1 Like

Put the train back, it’s not leaving the station yet :smiley:

6 Likes
2 Likes

OK lets hope it is a furniture builder. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

the high price for this game is a very good trollfilter, please dont remove it.

13 Likes

It’s been my experience in many games that f2p Invites the toxic crowd in… that’s just my opinion though.

3 Likes

Not a fan of free to play model… usually avoid those games… the developers of those games HAVE to pay their bills somehow so they nickel and dime you to death at every step…

How about an ALTERNATE idea… the game is free download and you can play but are Restricted to 25 plots or something VERY restrictive like that…then you can BUY the game to unlock it

4 Likes

I agree, I have over 2000 hours in Trove (Another MMO Voxel game) And that is extremely toxic. At this point, I’m just frustrated that boundless doesn’t have the exposure and player base it deserves. This game is honestly amazing, and captivating and ever changing. And it blows my mind that we have what, ~250 active playing players at any given point. It should be 10 fold 100 fold that number.

2 Likes

I think the best solution is trial try before you buy, u can play it for lets say 10 hrs and will have an on screen timer after the trial u have to buy the game and progress is saved , also u cannot buy gleam club in trial mode

2 Likes

IMHO the starting gates for Boundless will be open when 1. reclaim system is out (we have it!), 2. rental planets are out (about to have it!), 3. Blueprints library is launched (hopefully in the pipeline!)…

Why?

A player will say to themselves: If I see a place I like I can move with ease… save my most precious builds and move them… get rid of stuff I dont want BUT keep all my materials…plus if I want I can have my own planet for as long as I want and still not lose anything…

2 Likes

Also, all Oort collected during the trial goes straight to Spoodle at the end of the trial, if no full game purchase was made.

5 Likes

I just want to say, I love everyone’s feedback on this. I’m glad we all are passionate in our own ways! :heart:

2 Likes

I 100% agree with this. It is VERY toxic. It’s the only game I’ve had to fill out a few eff bee eye reports on players (predators going after kids). Also, if you try to solo anything, ppl will call you every name under the sun in chat. Not to mention their failure to give ppl the pouches and things they pay irl $$ for in their store and “accidentally” deleting entire accounts. They’ve gone from 50k players to 4k and have lost 25% of their playerbase in the last 30 days alone.

4 Likes